Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

In absolutely no reality is evermore coming remotely close to winning AOTY. I have zero idea how one could make such a bold prediction after seeing folklore barely win an AOTY lineup set up for it last year…

“barely” won is just nonsense. Folklore won by a healthy margin. And just to be clear I was kidding about Evermore winning. I’ve said that many times and I’m not a delusional Swiftie. I didn’t think y’all would be so dense as to take my first comment seriously.

I know that voters wouldn’t give her a 4th AOTY. Tho stranger things have happened (come on, Everything I wanted winning ROTY? give me a fuckn break).

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Evermore could very well get the reputation treatment. She just won AOTY this year…

Reputation was a panned album at the lowest point of Taylor’s career. The comparison doesn’t hold. At all. Coco Montrese voice: Oh at all.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Not y’all predicting evermore to win AOTY when the chances of Taylor being shut out of noms entirely increases every day💀

girl, rue, I’m always on board with your takes but campaign hasn’t even started. I think Taylor will push evermore. And it will be grand. You’ll see!!!!

Most if not all outlets have factored in Evermore as a very likely nominee. I don’t understand why everyone here is in such denial.

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I totally see an AOTY nomination for evermore but I don’t see it winning.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Reputation was a panned album at the lowest point of Taylor’s career. The comparison doesn’t hold. At all. Coco Montrese voice: Oh at all.

I’m saying she could only get 1 nomination….. not trying to compare her career status.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Evermore has moved over 1.500.000 units in USA. Keep in mind these are without any bundles, due to the new billboard rules, it is one of the top10 biggest releases that will land on the Year-End Chart of billboard 2021 and it is acclaimed.

If there are no committes, Taylor is safer approach to Grammy voters in GF than Justin Bieber or Ariana Grande.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

I’m sorry but Evermore is just not happening in AOTY. It’s essentially a continuation of Folklore, and there’s way more acclaimed albums this year that could win. I’m not saying it’s bad or anything, but they literally gave her AOTY for an album that is essentially the ‘part 1’ of Evermore.

If I’m honest, I don’t even think it will get a nomination. In my predictions I only see Taylor in BPVA and a contender for BPSP (but I think she’d be 7th for a slot after Olivia, Billie, Ariana, Justin, Lil Nas X & Ed).

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

No way Evermore is comparable to reputation. People were not vibing with the campy bad girl old taylor is dead thing. That’s why it only got one nom. I don’t think that a solid comparison exists because it’s the first time she does this whole sister album thing.

Sure, evermore is not as acclaimed as folklore but it still is. The only commercial/discussed here albums that come to mind at this moment that have more acclaim is Call Me If You Get Lost, Blue Weekend and Happier Than Ever.

I don’t think it’s happening, but come on. Sometimes you guys are like rooting against her for some reason. In the unlikely situation that it gets a nom, it’s gonna be most deserving than some most of the others nominees.

I wonder if some of you actually listened to the record.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

“barely” won is just nonsense. Folklore won by a healthy margin.

According to??? She couldn’t even beat Dua Lipa for its genre category.

Profile picture
    Award Predictions
    Topics:

Taylor Swift has gotten nominated for Song of The Year and didn’t win one

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Taylor Swift has gotten nominated for Song of The Year and didn’t win one

She’s never gonna win it at this point

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Evermore can absolutely get nominated but it’s coming nowhere near a win.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Award Predictions
    Topics:

Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions isn’t getting eligible for Best Music Film because “Folklore” won AOTY last year so there’s no point of folklore getting another nomination this year

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

folklore was a shaky AOTY win. It didn’t win it’s genre category in album and the songs she submitted were beaten in every song category she submitted to. Of its fellow nominees in AOTY, only 3/8 slots were nominated in their genre categories and FN won it’s genre. There was no rap album for her to compete with, no country album and the winner of the alternative album slot (Fiona Apple) was almost certainly removed by committee. She won through her visibility throughout the voting period (dropping evermore as a part 2 of folklore in the middle of the final voting period and the long pond sessions before then) and the fact that there were no other genre contenders to compete with other than Dua and Jhené Aiko in AOTY.

It doesn’t mean it’s a bad album (far from it) but to say that it was a confident win for AOTY when that’s all it won and her own genre (Pop) didn’t even reward her is foolish.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Folklore won because the Grammy committee wanted a woman to join the three-time winner club. That’s all.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.