Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 506 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Global performance? It will definitely be placed in Pop.

So reggaetón is considered too western? What about Kali Uchis? And Farruko? What spanish language songs are going to be in Global Music Performance? Just the Regional Mexican Albums or the Flamenco etc?

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "Real Pain" by Indigo de Souza
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I remember getting lashed for comparing Jagged Little Pill and Sour a while back lmao

Rightfully so. The audacity.

2x Academy Award loser GODma Stone
    Future EGOTer BilLORD Eilish

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

i just found out that beck and paul mccartney have a song out. is this peak grammy bait? or nah?

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

R&B Performance- "Pick Up Your Feelings" by Jazmine Sullivan
    Pop Song - "Paprika" by Japanese Breakfast
    Rock Song - "Real Pain" by Indigo de Souza
    Alternative Album - Blue Weekend by Wolf Alice
    Folk Album - Songs by Adrianne Lenker
    Pop Album - Happier Than Ever by Billie Eilish

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Personally? No it’s not. There’s some country stuff in there with “breadwinner”, “good wife” and “keep looking up” but overall it’s more pop than it’s country. But I also believe that it’s pretty much as pop as Golden Hour so the academy’s decision is definitely a little perplexing.

This might (hopefully) be the Academy’s attempt for some transparency which they have admittedly lacked, that would’ve led to something similarly to what happened to Abel.

If they clarified the The Weeknd’s placement this early on, we would’ve never gotten that mess. Honestly, if this was never done, Kacey would’ve faced a similar fate like Abel and would’ve completely missed out in every category.

So thankfully they (Academy) did.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

i just found out that beck and paul mccartney have a song out. is this peak grammy bait? or nah?

At this point everything Beck is GRAMMY bait, so yeah. However, Beck usually does better in album categories.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I genuinely believe this is going to guarantee Kacey’s AOTY nom. Loretta Lynn, Brooks & Dunn and CMT have already sided with her and I expect more to follow. Every single journalist reporting on this is supporting her. Not to mention, voters who dislike the panels are now going to rally behind Kacey. Jury’s still out on BPVA but I think AOTY is safe.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

This might (hopefully) be the Academy’s attempt for some transparency which they have admittedly lacked, that would’ve led to something similarly to what happened to Abel. If they clarified the The Weeknd’s placement this early on, we would’ve never gotten that mess. Honestly, if this was never done, Kacey would’ve faced a similar fate like Abel and would’ve completely missed out in every category. So thankfully they (Academy) did.

Can you please stop with these ridiculous theories and just start admitting that you have no idea what you’re talking about?

The Weeknd missing had NOTHING to do with panels changing placements. Maybe After Hours had some genre confusion but it was insanely obvious from the get-go that Blinding Lights would be competing in pop. The one and only reason why The Weeknd missed was because he didn’t get the votes. Just the year prior, both “Old Town Road” and “Truth Hurts” were sent to rap and then moved to pop. Both songs not only received nominations in pop but also won.

Beyond that, the academy isn’t even the one revealing Kacey’s genre placement. Her label is.

Academy award winner and 2x emmy winner NicoLEGEND Kidman
    Future EGOTer GODlivia Rodrigo

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Can you please stop with these ridiculous theories and just start admitting that you have no idea what you’re talking about?

The Weeknd missing had NOTHING to do with panels changing placements. Maybe After Hours had some genre confusion but it was insanely obvious from the get-go that Blinding Lights would be competing in pop. The one and only reason why The Weeknd missed was because he didn’t get the votes. Just the year prior, both “Old Town Road” and “Truth Hurts” were sent to rap and then moved to pop. Both songs not only received nominations in pop but also won.

Beyond that, the academy isn’t even the one revealing Kacey’s genre placement. Her label is.

I’m just probably gonna answer this…maybe later..

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

So reggaetón is considered too western? What about Kali Uchis? And Farruko? What spanish language songs are going to be in Global Music Performance? Just the Regional Mexican Albums or the Flamenco etc?

I expect Global Performance to reflect Global Music Album in terms of the type of music they nominate. Regional Mexican songs should hopefully be eligible – not sure what they’ll do with reggaetón though, I’m pretty curious.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

will dakiti be in pop duo or global performance?

pop duo

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Recent Cyndi Lauper interview with Rolling Stone magazine

I love Olivia Rodrigo. Some of her music sounds like Billie, Billie Eilish. But then it goes pop, then she raps, then it’s a punk song. I love that. Taylor Swift, she’s so prolific. That last Covid record — come ON! It was incredible, right? She’s always been a wonderful writer, but that album was poetry, and that girl actually does write poetry. The only thing I don’t like about new music — when I listen to what the top new music is, there’s a lot of men, not a lot of women. But so many great musicians out there now. It’s a good time to be listening. I’m always listening, always learning.

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Look what it did for Old Town Road ….. If they had just left it in Country and not moved it then it would not have blown up like it did.

old town road had being one of the biggest hits ever and LNX coming going for it.

Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Recent Cyndi Lauper interview with Rolling Stone magazine

who raps?

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I am almost tempted to take Good News out of AOTY and put in Foo Fighters, but I think the Grammys want a hip-hop record like hers. She just won New Artist last year and already has been featured in the GF. Who knows!

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I am almost tempted to take Good News out of AOTY and put in Foo Fighters, but I think the Grammys want a hip-hop record like hers. She just won New Artist last year and already has been featured in the GF. Who knows!

I think Good News is the only rap album with a chance at an AOTY nomination

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.