Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Gagamon
    Topics:

I think Good News is the only rap album with a chance at an AOTY nomination

Drake and Kanye can happen too, even above Megan

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Is At Our Spot eligible for Rock Performance?

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Can you please stop with these ridiculous theories and just start admitting that you have no idea what you’re talking about?

The Weeknd missing had NOTHING to do with panels changing placements. Maybe After Hours had some genre confusion but it was insanely obvious from the get-go that Blinding Lights would be competing in pop. The one and only reason why The Weeknd missed was because he didn’t get the votes. Just the year prior, both “Old Town Road” and “Truth Hurts” were sent to rap and then moved to pop. Both songs not only received nominations in pop but also won.

Beyond that, the academy isn’t even the one revealing Kacey’s genre placement. Her label is.

Maybe After Hours had some genre confusion but it was insanely obvious from the get-go that Blinding Lights would be competing in pop

That same genre confusion undoubtedly costed him a nomination.

Just the year prior, both “Old Town Road” and “Truth Hurts” were sent to rap and then moved to pop. Both songs not only received nominations in pop but also won.

Also everything you mentioned were song categories not albums. Very different premises/cases.

Beyond that, the academy isn’t even the one revealing Kacey’s genre placement. Her label is.

https://www.variety.com/2021/music/news/kacey-musgraves-excluded-grammys-country-categories-1235087158/amp/

Kacey Musgraves’ Label Protests Grammys’ Decision to Exclude Her From Country Category

Pretty sure 10000% that the Academy were the ones who specified her placement since the label themselves even protested against this rule.

**The label submits their work but the Academy designate its placement

FYI those aren’t ridiculous “theories” but are facts..

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves is making sure her fans know and will check her name in the Pop Categories. It’s smart. I won’t be surprised if she shows up.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Bo submitted his album to Compilation Soundtrack instead of Comedy Album. He’ll have a bit more competition but I hope he still pulls through.

Edit: He was moved there, interesting

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Sour, a debut album released from a girl straight out of high school musical with mostly plagiarised songs written around an ex boyfriend who is now, gay. No.

you thought you ate that lol

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

That same genre confusion undoubtedly costed him a nomination.

Blinding Lights, which had ZERO confusion about its placement, couldn’t even beat the most hated song of the year in Pop Solo. It didn’t miss because of genre confusion, it missed because the voters didn’t like After Hours.

Also everything you mentioned were song categories not albums. Very different premises/cases.

How?

https://www.variety.com/2021/music/news/kacey-musgraves-excluded-grammys-country-categories-1235087158/amp/

Yes so her label is the one publicizing where she’s competing? Not sure what this proves.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I don’t see Kanye getting AOTY, if he did not get in for MBDTF he aint getting in for Donda. Drake is a long shot, but he did get in for his past 2 mediocre albums Scorpion and Views. Megan first in terms of quality, then Drake then Kanye.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Certified Lover Boy has been doing very well for Drake. I think he’ll be nominated for Album of the Year. He’s got the sales, streams, and positive reception. It’s one of the few albums in 2021 to garner big numbers & buzz.

Profile picture
    BetteDavisEyes
    Topics:

I don’t think CLB will be nominated for AOTY, it’s somehow worse than both Views and Scorpion. I feel if a Hip-Hop album is gonna nominated for AOTY, it’s gonna be either Good News, Call Me If You Get Lost, or they just won’t nominate a Hip-Hop album in AOTY again this year

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I don’t think CLB will be nominated for AOTY, it’s somehow worse than both Views and Scorpion. I feel if a Hip-Hop album is gonna nominated for AOTY, it’s gonna be either Good News, Call Me If You Get Lost, or they just won’t nominate a Hip-Hop album in AOTY again this year

I think we could see no Hip-Hop album this year, I’m all for it

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

What are your predictions for Music Film? I have Bo Burnham and St. Vincent. I genuinely don’t know what is eligible in this category!

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

What are your predictions for Music Film? I have Bo Burnham and St. Vincent. I genuinely don’t know what is eligible in this category!

Prayer circle for Halsey and folklore: the long pond studio sessions

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

The grammys are cancelled…

Bo Burnham Ruled Ineligible for Comedy Category at Grammys

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

If the Voters are still on the Megan train then I would expect her in AOTY. She most likely will get more votes than Tyler when it comes to AOTY.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.