Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 506 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Nominations Review Committee making everyone mad lol but this is literally what they do yearly .

Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

I think we’re underestimating Foo Fighters getting an AOTY nomination for Making a Fire. Dave Growl’s new book just debuted at #1 today on the NYT Bestseller list. And he’s been doing Q&As/performances in NY & LA, exactly the events that Grammy voters & journalists attend, as well as doing lots of press. He’s in campaign mode at the right time.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think we’re underestimating Foo Fighters getting an AOTY nomination for Making a Fire. Dave Growl’s new book just debuted at #1 today on the NYT Bestseller list. And he’s been doing Q&As/performances in NY & LA, exactly the events that Grammy voters & journalists attend, as well as doing lots of press. He’s in campaign mode at the right time.

If they get nominated, I see them winning.

Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

If they get nominated, I see them winning.

Depending on what the final lineup looks like, the Foo Fighters could be the benefactors of where older voters go (ugh, that sentence pains me, I’ve been on GD.com for 17 years.) Plus, their induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame will be airing right at the time nominations are announced & voting begins. That’s exactly where Grammy veterans’ eyes will be.

Dave Growl’s book + Rock Hall Concert… that’s huge visibility at the right time

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Foo Fighters winning Album of the Year would be a return to form for Rock veterans in that category. I ultimately think it’s between Olivia & Billie but the Fighters would be a nice surprise.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Certified Lover Boy has been doing very well for Drake. I think he’ll be nominated for Album of the Year. He’s got the sales, streams, and positive reception. It’s one of the few albums in 2021 to garner big numbers & buzz.

What positive reception? Big number – yes. Buzz? More like in negative ways

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Foo Fighters winning Album of the Year would be a return to form for Rock veterans in that category. I ultimately think it’s between Olivia & Billie but the Fighters would be a nice surprise.

No it wouldn’t be because Medicine At Midnight doesn’t deserve AOTY title lol.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

The grammys are cancelled… Bo Burnham Ruled Ineligible for Comedy Category at Grammys

That decision makes sense. It fits more in Visual Media

Profile picture
    theexterminator
    Topics:

Medicine at Midnight is a flop. AC/DC will be the rock contenders for AOTY. Power Up topped the charts in 21 countries and received critical acclaim.

Profile picture
    Jack0202
    Topics:

I’m lowkey expecting Taylor or Bo Burnham to win AOTY (don’t ask why), Billie ROTY again and Olivia SOTY.

Profile picture
    leonino
    Topics:

FINNEAS isn’t available as a bna contender in the predictions center… he should be eligible, right? His debut album just came out and it’s a pretty solid record I think. Besides, he does all the production and songwriting and we all know he won every category he was nominated for in the past two years (8 nominations, 8 wins), so I don’t see why they wouldn’t nominate him for his solo work (if submitted of course).

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

FINNEAS isn’t available as a bna contender in the predictions center… he should be eligible, right? His debut album just came out and it’s a pretty solid record I think. Besides, he does all the production and songwriting and we all know he won every category he was nominated for in the past two years (8 nominations, 8 wins), so I don’t see why they wouldn’t nominate him for his solo work (if submitted of course).

It’s gonna be up to whatever the screening panel decides. They allowed him last year though, so he’s likely eligible again.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Although yes he did win Grammys for Billie’s material and not his own, one of them was POTY where he’s the main sole recipient. Would that not be enough to disqualify Finneas from BNA or nah?

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Medicine at Midnight is a flop. AC/DC will be the rock contenders for AOTY. Power Up topped the charts in 21 countries and received critical acclaim.

But the Foo Fighters have been nominated 25 (including General Field) times versus AC/DC’s 7 only in rock.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Finneas does not deserve a second-look as a singer-songwriter. He’s awful.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.