Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Although yes he did win Grammys for Billie’s material and not his own, one of them was POTY where he’s the main sole recipient. Would that not be enough to disqualify Finneas from BNA or nah?

POTY does not disqualify FINNEAS; however, i am curious about this paragraph on the rules and guidelines:

According to the rules, an artist is not eligible for BNA if they are:

“An artist with a previous songwriting GRAMMY nomination, if the nominated song had gained its
    prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist.”

However this follows:

“Exception: If an artist received the nomination (but does not win) for writing a song that had gained its prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist before the artist has released at least five singles or an entire album (and becomes eligible in this category for the first time), the artist may enter this category in the eligibility year during which the artist’s fifth single/track or first album is released”

I am totally confused by this, so now i ask: could this exception apply to FINNEAS?

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

What positive reception? Big number – yes. Buzz? More like in negative ways

Without a committee an album like Certified Lover Boy will find an easier path to a nomination. All Drake needed was big numbers to solidify that position and it’s done relatively well despite people like you who apparently dislike it. Breaking streaming records is an indication of positive buzz is it not? It’s ok to disagree but let’s not be biased here.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

No it wouldn’t be because Medicine At Midnight doesn’t deserve AOTY title lol.

In your opinion. Unless you’re a voting academy member this post holds no weight. The Grammys love Foo Fighters & they’re undisputed legends within the industry. Sorry to break it to you.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

The grammys are cancelled… Bo Burnham Ruled Ineligible for Comedy Category at Grammys

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

POTY does not disqualify FINNEAS; however, i am curious about this paragraph on the rules and guidelines: According to the rules, an artist is not eligible for BNA if they are: “An artist with a previous songwriting GRAMMY nomination, if the nominated song had gained its prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist.” However this follows: “Exception: If an artist received the nomination (but does not win) for writing a song that had gained its prominence through a performance by the songwriter as the primary artist before the artist has released at least five singles or an entire album (and becomes eligible in this category for the first time), the artist may enter this category in the eligibility year during which the artist’s fifth single/track or first album is released” I am totally confused by this, so now i ask: could this exception apply to FINNEAS?

Well Billie was the primary artist for those songwriting awards they won so I guess he could still be eligible…

Realistically though I highly doubt they’ll go for him

(Also mods I think I accidentally reported the post, sorry xoxo)

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> Well Billie was be the primary artist for those songwriting awards they won so I guess he could still be eligible… Realistically though I highly doubt they’ll go for him (Also mods I think I accidentally reported the post, sorry xoxo)

okay that’s what i was thinking as well. and yeah i don’t think voters will support him as much.

ps: how dare you report my post?  >:(   /j

Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

Blinding Lights, which had ZERO confusion about its placement, couldn’t even beat the most hated song of the year in Pop Solo. It didn’t miss because of genre confusion, it missed because the voters didn’t like After Hours.

I’m still trying to figure out what kind of world they liked Bieber’s mediocre thing better than After Hours.

Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

Medicine at Midnight is a flop. AC/DC will be the rock contenders for AOTY. Power Up topped the charts in 21 countries and received critical acclaim.

When it comes to Rock the academy cares least about success

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Although yes he did win Grammys for Billie’s material and not his own, one of them was POTY where he’s the main sole recipient. Would that not be enough to disqualify Finneas from BNA or nah?

He was submitted to BNA last year after winning POTY the year prior, so I don’t see what would change.

Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

Without a committee an album like Certified Lover Boy will find an easier path to a nomination. All Drake needed was big numbers to solidify that position and it’s done relatively well despite people like you who apparently dislike it. Breaking streaming records is an indication of positive buzz is it not? It’s ok to disagree but let’s not be biased here.

CLB should be proof that not every artist is looking to make a masterpiece and that’s fine, if you just want to be a hitmaker go ahead. But please, if you don’t have great aspirations, don’t look for great recognition.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I’m still trying to figure out what kind of world they liked Bieber’s mediocre thing better than After Hours.

Honestly, while I share this sentiment I think it’s about time we let it go… it’s been 1 year. My only guess is that Bieber or his producers have connections we may not know about in the industry, but at the end of the day Abel still didn’t get enough votes, so there’s that. Then he cried about it and regretted it later. Can we move on now?

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

He was submitted to BNA last year after winning POTY the year prior, so I don’t see what would change.

He should be eligible with current rules. Old rules he would’ve been ineligible for previously being featured on Glee

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I genuinely don’t know what is eligible in this category!

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Where I’m at in terms of confidence for the big 4
    Album Of The Year
    L*cked
    Happier Than Ever-Billie Eilish
    SOUR-Olivia Rodrigo
    Fairly confident
    Love For Sale-Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett
    Could miss but feel good about
    Medicine At Midnight-Foo Fighters
    Star-crossed: Kacey Musgraves
    Very vulnerable but still feel decent about
    Evermore-Taylor Swift
    Certified Lover Boy-Drake
    No confidence
    Back Of My Mind-H.E.R.

Record Of the Year
    L*cked
    Leave The Door Open-Silk Sonic
    drivers license-Olivia Rodrigo
    Fairly confident
    Bad Habits-Ed Sheeran
    Montero (Call Me By Your Name)-Lil Nas X
    Kiss Me More-Doja Cat ft. SZA
    Levitating-Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby
    No confidence
    Right On Time-Brandi Carlile

Song Of the Year
    L*cked
    Leave The Door Open-Silk Sonic
    drivers license-Olivia Rodrigo
    Fairly confident
    Bad Habits-Ed Sheeran
    Montero (Call Me By Your Name)-Lil Nas X
    Kiss Me More-Doja Cat ft. SZA
    No confidence
    Right On Time-Brandi Carlile
    Heartbreak Anniversary-Giveon

Best New Artist
    L*cked
    Olivia Rodrigo
    Fairly confident
    The Kid Laroi
    Måneskin
    Saweetie
    Polo G
    No confidence
    Arlo Parks
    Clairo
    Baby Keem

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I think “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) is a lock for ROTY

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.