Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Where I’m at in terms of confidence for the big 4 Album Of The Year L*cked Happier Than Ever-Billie Eilish SOUR-Olivia Rodrigo Fairly confident Love For Sale-Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Could miss but feel good about Medicine At Midnight-Foo Fighters Star-crossed: Kacey Musgraves Very vulnerable but still feel decent about Evermore-Taylor Swift Certified Lover Boy-Drake No confidence Back Of My Mind-H.E.R. Record Of the Year L*cked Leave The Door Open-Silk Sonic Happier Than Ever-Billie Eilish drivers license-Olivia Rodrigo Fairly confident Bad Habits-Ed Sheeran Montero (Call Me By Your Name)-Lil Nas X Could miss but feel good about Kiss Me More-Doja Cat ft. SZA Very vulnerable but still feel decent about Levitating-Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby No confidence Right On Time-Brandi Carlile Song Of the Year L*cked Leave The Door Open-Silk Sonic Happier Than Ever-Billie Eilish drivers license-Olivia Rodrigo Fairly confident Bad Habits-Ed Sheeran Montero (Call Me By Your Name)-Lil Nas X Could miss but feel good about Kiss Me More-Doja Cat ft. SZA No confidence Right On Time-Brandi Carlile Heartbreak Anniversary-Giveon Best New Artist L*cked Olivia Rodrigo Fairly confident The Kid Laroi Very vulnerable but still feel decent about Måneskin Saweetie Polo G No confidence Arlo Parks Clairo Baby Keem

I could easily see Clairo and Baby Keem missing and Gabby Barrett and Ava Max getting in. Without a committee Gabby could easily get in as she’s likely getting the majority of the country votes, and Ava fits the female pop artist that’s eligible despite having been around for a few years slot (Bebe Rexha, Noah Cyrus, Alessia Cara)

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

There is a lot of buzz going around about star-crossed getting shunned from the country categories. It seems like Kacey may have a lot of support, enough for a nomination in AOTY?

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Listening to Finneas’ solo music made me appreciate the kind of artist Billie is. It’s all her. He produces, but she’s the one who drives the artistry.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

There is no way Morgan Wallen gets in for AOTY in any category. He shot himself in the foot w the racism scandal, and no awards show wants anything to do with him.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I am still 50/50 with Drake. A little part of me says yes bc of the commercial success of CLB, but another part of me says no bc of the reception.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I’m confident Drake will make it into AOTY with no committees. Critical reception doesn’t act as a factor for AOTY chances,  there’s been albums that have made it with poor reception. I think “Way 2 Sexy” can help him too.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I’m confident Drake will make it into AOTY with no committees. Critical reception doesn’t act as a factor for AOTY chances, there’s been albums that have made it with poor reception. I think “Way 2 Sexy” can help him too.

I think he will get a ROTY nom, but I swear to God no one with any respect for music will vote it in AOTY. Unless they’re afraid of another “The Weeknd” situation.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Certified Lover Boy may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but we know it’s one of the few major releases of 2021. All Drake needs to receive an Album of the Year nomination is success. He’s done it twice before (as a solo artist). This time will be no different. Especially without a panel to block him.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

Chris Stapleton is making the rounds for promo… I can really see him being our winner this year. He has a lot of respect in the industry. It’s hard for a genre like country to win, but if it’s anyone it’s him and Kacey that can do it.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Chris Stapleton is making the rounds for promo… I can really see him being our winner this year. He has a lot of respect in the industry. It’s hard for a genre like country to win, but if it’s anyone it’s him and Kacey that can do it.

He is going to at the very least win Country Album and be nominated in AOTY.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Reception won’t hurt Drake at all in AOTY, but I think what might hurt him is his lack of “pop hits”.

What I mean is: no song on CLB is really being used within the Mainstream Top 40, which is more accurate to the popularity of songs within your average middle aged voter than Spotify charts. There’s no One Dance, Hotline Bling, God’s Plan, In My Feelings or even a Nice For What. Way 2 Sexy and Knife Talk have streaming and Urban radio success (for the former), but outside of Rap/R&B voters I don’t think a lot of voters would be familiar with them.

He can still happen due to being high on the list and those two blocks of Rap/R&B being strong, but I am way less confident of his chances.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

The thing is Scorpion was helped in AOTY w ROTY and SOTY noms for Gods Plan. Will CLB follow Views and get in w/o any major noms outside of rap.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Certified Lover Boy may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but we know it’s one of the few major releases of 2021. All Drake needs to receive an Album of the Year nomination is success. He’s done it twice before (as a solo artist). This time will be no different. Especially without a panel to block him.

Drake ALWAYS pulls big numbers, so it’s not like it’s unexpected. It will boil down to how VOTERS feel about the album as a whole. Like Kai said, Drake doesn’t really have a big pop hit this time around, so it’s hard to really say for certain that he is in or not. Alphabetical placements on the list help him a lot, but I’m not really too convinced that people in the industry LOVE Certified Lover Boy. And quite frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost Rap Album to someone like Tyler The Creator, with or without an AOTY nomination.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

IDK, I’m not as confident as some of you lot that Drake will be nominated in AOTY. Like someone else said here, he lacks any pop hits… or I should say “hits” in general from this album.

Yes, it was/is a streaming beast. But his biggest single is a remake of “I’m Too Sexy”… not exactly super creative and a far cry from the last time he was nominated in AOTY with an album that had 3 #1 bonafide hit songs that were everywhere (radio, streaming, videos, digital sales, etc).

I could see him only being nominated in the Rap categories.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Drake’s music is absolute trash! Nothing from his recent project is worthy of a nomination. He is a stale rapper with absolutely no growth, and a damn pedophile. I hope he gets snubbed.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.