Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

With a panel, someone like Tyler, the Creator, Nas, or J.Cole would have a better shot of receiving an Album of the Year nomination. But we know people in the industry follow trends just like everyone else. The Grammys are still a popularity contest & with a straight vote this will benefit someone like Drake whose success is based solely on chart performance.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

Even on a year where Drake didn’t release an album, he received multiple nominations. Like last year he got 3 nods for Melodic Rap Performance, Rap Song and Music Video.

Profile picture
    weird fishes
    Topics:

Heartbreak Anniversary would look nice in SOTY. I hope it happens

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Drake will probably make it in AOTY. I don’t see him making ROTY/SOTY though.

Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

Heartbreak Anniversary would look nice in SOTY. I hope it happens

I am rooting for it all the way. That and “telepatía” are the two songs I’m hopeful for in the general field.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

There is no way Morgan Wallen gets in for AOTY in any category. He shot himself in the foot w the racism scandal, and no awards show wants anything to do with him.

. Never say never didn’t he get a country music nod at one of em recently. I hope he loses that too

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

. Never say never didn’t he get a country music nod at one of em recently. I hope he loses that too

He did get a nod, but missed out on every other nomination opportunity and was then banned from attending. So it’s not impossible he gets in, but I’d consider it highly unlikely

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

The thing is Scorpion was helped in AOTY w ROTY and SOTY noms for Gods Plan. Will CLB follow Views and get in w/o any major noms outside of rap.

He can probably make AOTY without getting into ROTY/SOTY. Not only has the album done numbers and has sustained well enough, it also came out at the right time. It’s  hard to see any other hip-hop album getting in and CLB not. Almost everything else’s buzz has faded throughout the year.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Finneas got a 5.6 from Pitchfork. This week will be GLORIOUS.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Rap, Country and Pop Vocal Album predickshuns in the prediction center when?

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Finneas got a 5.6 and I just got a job offer. Glorious.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

I don’t think drake will make it into any general field category, if any rap album has a chance to get a nomination in aoty it’s CMIYGL

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Finneas got a 5.6 from Pitchfork. This week will be GLORIOUS.

So, you’re celebrating a review from a music site???

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Tyler is being so overestimated. He has no cross-genre appeal and CMIYGL is completely forgotten.

I can actually see a scenario where he pulls a Chance and wins rap album but I have no idea why so many of you think he’s getting an AOTY nom before Drake.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I can actually see a scenario where he pulls a Chance and wins rap album but I have no idea why so many of you think he’s getting an AOTY nom before Drake.

Ouch. I think I still have him in just out of hopedicting tbh 🙁 I really don’t want Drake to represent Rap in AOTY with a mediocre album full of recycled elements of stuff he has done before time and time again. To me, the last time he actually made a great album was IYRTITL.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.