Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

HITS DD released their list of ROTY and SOTY contenders! thoughts? https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=328642&title=GRAMMY-CHEW%3A-A-ROTY-SOTY-PLAYLIST-%2820-FOR-16%29

Interesting that they’re including “Mood.” They put that in their ROTY snubs list last year so I assumed that meant it had already been submitted.

They also say that RAPSTAR is the most likely rap song to be nominated in ROTY/SOTY. I don’t know if this is controversial but I’d say it’s the forth most likely behind “Up,” “Way 2 Sexy” and “Family Ties.”

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Wait just noticed that they don’t have Leave The Door Open?????

I’m wonder if they have some information on submissions because uh that’s a VERY notable song to leave out.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Is Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga’s duo album eligible for Album of The Year?

it is. they squeaked in.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Wait just noticed that they don’t have Leave The Door Open????? I’m wonder if they have some information on submissions because uh that’s a VERY notable song to leave out.

WAIT! I did not notice that!! That’s VERY interesting. I would not take this as an assumption that it was not submitted, but is still a surprise.

(and honestly, I don’t want another WAP situation)

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Wait just noticed that they don’t have Leave The Door Open????? I’m wonder if they have some information on submissions because uh that’s a VERY notable song to leave out.

Just checked and they have the wrong Morgan song (he submitted “7 Summers” not “More Than My Hometown) so I don’t think they have any submission information. Quite confused as to how they seriously think Tate McRae is going to get nominated before a #1 hit by 2 grammy darlings but ok.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

They say “Dakiti” would significantly diversify the lineup which I agree with, but as amazing as it’d be to see that song in ROTY it is NOT happening. Anyone who discounts “Leave The Door Open” at this point is also delusional.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

industry baby just went #1 the grammy is coming next yup!

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

The rap category is always up in the air. Last year, for rap album, no one was expecting the noms.

Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

industry baby just went #1 the grammy is coming next yup!

Our 2022 Best Melodic Rap Performance Grammy winner!!

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

They also say that RAPSTAR is the most likely rap song to be nominated in ROTY/SOTY. I don’t know if this is controversial but I’d say it’s the forth most likely behind “Up,” “Way 2 Sexy” and “Family Ties.”

Rapstar was a big hit and Polo G has potential to be nominated in BNA which helps his odds. D Smoke this past year got a BNA nom, and he broke into the Rap field. Rapstar will be a main contender in the rap field, not so sure about general.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Lil Nas better make it in AOTY and Pop Vocal now. Black men are pop artists too!

2021: Promises ~ Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders feat. The London Symphony Orchestra
    2020: After Hours ~ The Weeknd
    2019: Titanic Rising ~ Weyes Blood
    2018: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides ~ SOPHIE
    2017: Melodrama ~ Lorde
    2016: Blonde ~ Frank Ocean
    2015: To Pimp A Butterfly ~ Kendrick Lamar
    2014: To Be Kind ~ Swans
    2013: Random Access Memories ~ Daft Punk
    2012: The Money Store ~ Death Grips
    2011: Helplessness Blues ~ Fleet Foxes
    2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ~ Kanye West

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Rapstar was a big hit and Polo G has potential to be nominated in BNA which helps his odds. D Smoke this past year got a BNA nom, and he broke into the Rap field. Rapstar will be a main contender in the rap field, not so sure about general.

I don’t think D Smoke was in the top 5 for Best Rap Album last year. Hell I’m not sure if the winner Nas was in the top 5! The nominees were too niche and too good to be straight-vote-y.

If there was a straight vote, Roddy Ricch would’ve won by a landslide, and Drake’s underperforming Mixtape would’ve been one of the losers.

Polo G will probably be nominated for BNA, Melodic Rap Performance and maybe Rap Song for RAPSTAR, but that’s it, unfortunately.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I don’t you guys, but with these Pop/Alternative field-esque rules, I am honestly taking the alphabetical order into consideration when making my predictions even in the GF. I do believe artists’ positons in the ballot will have some influence, so don’t be surprised when something like “I Get A Kick Out Of You” sneaks into ROTY for example.

Because of that, SZA & Jacob Collier’s “Good Days” is also seemingly more likely to get into SOTY than ROTY.

On the other hand, whether Cardi’s submission is “WAP” or “Up”, she’d be screwed in SOTY. In ROTY, however, she’ll obviously be early.

Chris Stapleton’s “Starting Over” won’t be affected in any GF category, but unlike “cardigan”, Taylor’s “willow” will be in the very bottom of SOTY.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Doubt that album will be anywhere but traditional pop

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Doubt that album will be anywhere but traditional pop

Album of the Year is the album’s best shot for a general field nomination.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.