Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Can this Folklore discussion be put on pause so we can discuss the current Grammy’s season instead of reliving last years?

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

You people are acting like evermore is the same album as folklore. I mean have y’all listened to the record? They couldn’t be more different!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

the way taylor rolled out evermore killed its chances tbh, even though it’s the superior album imo

I’m (surprisingly?) confident in willow though, I think that song has more legs than people realized

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

According to??? She couldn’t even beat Dua Lipa for its genre category.

Which doesn’t mean much considering people till this day debate whether folklore was alternative or pop. It had cross genre appeal. Same reason why Billie lost BPSP twice but also won ROTY twice. About time y’all acknowledge that the pop block is heavily overstated.

And is there some unspoken rule that pop voters have to vote for their pop darlings in the general field too? Cause I don’t think that’s what’s happening.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Which doesn’t mean much considering people till this day debate whether folklore was alternative or pop.

This is only a thing among Swifties, everyone else considers it a pop project.

Also, Folklore relying on alternative voters to win is what makes it a weak win. It’s not a 25/21/24k Magic/RAM case where the album got overwhelming support, it lost all other categories. Much like The Suburbs and Babel, it was a win mostly due to how nominations were arranged. Had Fiona Apple or Brittany Howard been nominated – which the 100% would have without a panel – Folklore would’ve likely lost, having minimal pop support and (in that case) not getting much alt votes either.

Swifties in the server need to chill put. Calling Folklore a weak win doesn’t have anything to do with its quality.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I would love to see Taylor to attend so we can have an Olivia Tay moment like we had for Beyoncé and Megan.

also, evermore in AOTY just seems like a smart choice during a weak year. It has the sales and acclaim to back it up, regardless of living into folklore’s shadow + lack of promo.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Regardless of what folklore’s margin of win, it won. We can hypothesize and theorize, but it just doesn’t make sense without clear data.

And even with a lack a competition, folklore bet the odds. She won against future nostalgia, an album that won pop vocal. So it winning one award shouldn’t be credit nor discredited by the amount of support it had in the gf. Last year was wonky, we really don’t know.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The evermore campaign is coming, trust.

I’m curious to see which alt act makes the GF with a straight vote. Wolf Alice? Big Thief in Song? Big Red Machine?

Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks that all the move by Taylor, Harry, Dua, Gaga and Ariana winning was a move by the academy not to repeat the discontent over Ariana’s snubs in favor of Billie?
    I’m sorry but I don’t trust the academy much, much less that all those voters who orchestrated sweeps of GF + Genre Field (Adele, Bruno Mars) in less than a year agreed not to do it again.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

General:

RECORD OF THE YEAR
    Billie Eilish, “Happier Than Ever”
    BTS, “Butter”
    Doja Cat f/ SZA, “Kiss Me More”
    Ed Sheeran, “Bad Habits”
    Lil Nas X, “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”
    Olivia Rodrigo, “good 4 u”
    Silk Sonic, “Leave the Door Open”
    The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber, “Stay”

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    Billie Eilish, Happier Than Ever
    Doja Cat, Planet Her
    Drake, Certified Lover Boy
    Foo Fighters, Medicine at Midnight
    Kacey Musgraves, Star-Crossed
    Lil Nas X, MONTERO
    Olivia Rodrigo, SOUR
    Taylor Swift, Evermore

SONG OF THE YEAR
    Billie Eilish, “Your Power”
    Doja Cat f/ SZA, “Kiss Me More”
    Ed Sheeran, “Bad Habits”
    H.E.R., “Fight For You”
    Lil Nas X, “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”
    Olivia Rodrigo, “drivers license”
    Silk Sonic, “Leave the Door Open”
    Taylor Swift, “willow”

BEST NEW ARTIST
    24kGoldn
    Arlo Parks
    Bo Burnham
    Måneskin
    Olivia Rodrigo
    Polo G
    Saweetie
    The Kid LAROI

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Evermore could still win but it’s not as year-defining as Folklore was and as Sour and HTE have been so far, mostly due to timing and scarce promotion. Happier Than Ever has the benefit of being a baity, more mature record with higher critical acclaim, as well as being an album by a lauded artist considered organic by the academy. Sour, on the other hand, has been everywhere and dominated charts for months now, but her album revolves around the same subject, which is a breakup. It may be a weak selling point to call HTE “more mature”, but let’s not forget many white old dudes will be voting for the nominations.

FYC | 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards:

Arlo Parks
    - Best New Artist
    - Song Of The Year, Best Rock Song: "Hurt"
    - Best Alternative Music Album: Collapsed In Sunbeams

Jazmine Sullivan
    - Best R&B Album: Heaux Tales

Tyler, The Creator
    - Best Rap Album: Call Me If You Get Lost

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Evermore could still win but it’s not as year-defining as Folklore was and as Sour and HTE have been so far, mostly due to timing and scarce promotion. Happier Than Ever has the benefit of being a baity, more mature record with higher critical acclaim, as well as being an album by a lauded artist considered organic by the academy. Sour, on the other hand, has been everywhere and dominated charts for months now, but her album revolves around the same subject, which is a breakup. It may be a weak selling point to call HTE “more mature”, but let’s not forget many white old dudes will be voting for the nominations.

Chile whahhhh…..?!!!!!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Guys you should expect a scenario where Taylor Swift literally gets 0 nominations. See what happened with Ed Sheeran with Perfect, despite being the biggest pop song of the year, voters viewed it as continuation of Divide era which was rewarded the previous year.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Guys you should expect a scenario where Taylor Swift literally gets 0 nominations. See what happened with Ed Sheeran with Perfect, despite being the biggest pop song of the year, voters viewed it as continuation of Divide era which was rewarded the previous year.

This is how I’m looking at it too. Evermore could shock and get more nominations than expected, but it could also easily get nothing

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

This is the same forum that wants to predict in AOTY albums that can’t crack top5 on Billboard, but can not accept that one of the biggest releases of the year, consumed by the majority of the us citizens (and Grammy voters) can overperform.

These are the biggest albums in USA since November 2020 according to the building BB YEC:

BILLBOARD YEAR WEEK 47/52 BB200

#1. 2,633,000 | DANGEROUS: THE DOUBLE ALBUM Morgan Wallen
    #2.  1,864,000 | SOUR Olivia Rodrigo
    #3.  1,655,000 | SHOOT FOR THE STARS AIM FOR THE MOON Pop Smoke
    #4.   1,553,000 | EVERMORE Taylor Swift
    #5.    1,385,000 | F*CK LOVE Kid Laroi
    #6.    1,366,000 | POSITIONS Ariana Grande
    #7.    1,350,000 | WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET Luke Combs
    #8.   1,273,000 | FUTURE NOSTALGIA Dua Lipa
    #9.  1,203,000 | MY TURN Lil Baby
    #10. 1,174,000 | LEGENDS NEVER DIE Juice WRLD

Take out the albums not being eligible or questionable choices(Morgan), Taylor is literally the most Grammy friendly choice in this top10.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.