Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
lipabridgerst..
2021ravenclaw1
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Is Brittany Howard’s “Jaime:Reimagined” eligible for AOTY? Because I have it in my predictions.

It is assuming she submitted and I definitely agree that it can be a potential WTF nominee.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Fiona, Brittany and maybe, just maybe The Weeknd (despite getting zero nods) are the only artists folks can reasonably say were blocked from the GF last year and that if they would have been nominated, perhaps the results would have been different. Not y’all mentioning Tame Impala, Harry Styles, Lady Gaga. Stop.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Fiona, Brittany and maybe, just maybe The Weeknd (despite getting zero nods) are the only artists folks can reasonably say were blocked from the GF last year and that if they would have been nominated, perhaps the results would have been different. Not y’all mentioning Tame Impala, Harry Styles, Lady Gaga. Stop.

I know without a doubt Harry got blocked at least from ROTY and SOTY.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Could Chromatica beat Folklore? No. But Rain On Me surely could’ve won ROTY

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Could Chromatica beat Folklore? No. But Rain On Me surely could’ve won ROTY

Um, no.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Gaga, Harry and Tame Impala might’ve been blocked from at least one GF nomination but none of them would win there.

But that doesnt matter regardless. Every year big hits and acclaimed artists were blocked from GF but the result is what we got anyway.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    AG
    Topics:

I know without a doubt Harry got blocked at least from ROTY and SOTY.

Harry lost a name in SOTY and ROTY when he chose to submit AY over WS

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Gaga, Harry and Tame Impala might’ve been blocked from at least one GF nomination but none of them would win there. But that doesnt matter regardless. Every year big hits and acclaimed artists were blocked from GF but the result is what we got anyway.

At least one of those artists may have indeed been blocked for at least one GF nod, but none would have had a chance to win and probably would have had no effect on the eventual winners. ‘Fetch’, After Hours, “Blinding Lights” would have stood chances of winning or at least would have completely reshaped the field. However, yes, folks need to move on. The BRP has been dismantled.

Profile picture
    Sliemy
    Topics:

Funny thing is the arguments that you clowns have for Tay, also apply for Billie. Why the hell should the academy feel obligated to give HTE the win?Because it’s critically acclaimed? What impact has that child made at all this year? Other than dressing like a cracked out Marylin at the Met gala? HTE doesn’t even have the massive hit that WWWEWhFEASrJwja had with Bad Guy. She doesn’t even have an EIW. This is also after she just came off of five general field wins. Taylor and Billie are neck and neck with Olivia up front.

Not the anger, HTE is shaping out to be a bigger hit than EIW in consumption lol. Not that that was relevant to Billie’s chances here.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Halsey is the musical guest on SNL with Kim Kardashian lol. That show could draw in a lot of viewers. Could “If I can’t have Love, I Want Power” sneak into the AOTY race?

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

LMFAOOO 😭
    Keep em coming ya’ll

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Halsey is the musical guest on SNL with Kim Kardashian lol. That show could draw in a lot of viewers. Could “If I can’t have Love, I Want Power” sneak into the AOTY race?

Absolutely not. The Grammys have snubbed Halsey for far more successful work previously, it won’t be different this time around

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Halsey ain’t going from Grammy POISON to AOTY nominee for an album that is her least successful and as acclaimed as her last (both have 80 on MC).

However, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, the masterminds behind the record, might be able to carry her to rock nominations.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

No, but IICHLIWP is one of my favorite albums of the year so I would love for it to surprise. Sadly the Grammy’s hate Halsey.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Harry Styles was blocked though. It’s clear the voters loved the era. He won over Don’t Start Now and ROTY-winner Everything I Wanted.

There is a strong possibility he could’ve won ROTY. Sure Truth Hurts beat Bad Guy in Pop Solo but still lost ROTY, but more often than not the opposite happens.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 17)’ is closed to new replies.