Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 631 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    nobdrums
    Topics:

positions best engineered album non classical winner

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

guys what is best global performance and how is justin in consideration for it, genuinely curious? i’ve been out of the loop

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

guys what is best global performance and how is justin in consideration for it, genuinely curious? i’ve been out of the loop

“This category is intended for vocal & instrumental performances with strong elements of global cultural significance that blend music forms and techniques found in pop, R&B, dance, rap, and folk with unique music forms, local expressions and techniques found among the global diaspora originating outside the United States. The combination gives a unique sense of melody, rhythm, harmony, & lyric that is of global appeal.”

I would expect nominees here to be similar in sound to those found in the already existing Global Music Album category. Justin has some collab that allegedly fits here, but I doubt voters would actually give it enough support.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

“This category is intended for vocal & instrumental performances with strong elements of global cultural significance that blend music forms and techniques found in pop, R&B, dance, rap, and folk with unique music forms, local expressions and techniques found among the global diaspora originating outside the United States. The combination gives a unique sense of melody, rhythm, harmony, & lyric that is of global appeal.” I would expect nominees here to be similar in sound to those found in the already existing Global Music Album category. Justin has some collab that allegedly fits here, but I doubt voters would actually give it enough support.

essence is basically a lock, but i don’t know if the version with justin was submitted

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I gotta replace Snoh and Clairo from BNA since they’re deemed ineligible. Best New Artist is so bizarre every year with their rules.

I’m guessing Clairo was ineligible because “Bags” was considered one of the best songs of the year when it was released two (?) years ago.

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Curious to see how Kali submitted telepatía into which genre unless she just did ROTY/SOTY only.

Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

I just had a rare foreboding. Jay Z’s “Entrepreneur” for SOTY, Best Melodic Rap Performance and Best Music Video?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

What are we doing when all 5 Justin entires make SOTY

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

essence is basically a lock, but i don’t know if the version with justin was submitted

it wasn’t, Justin’s submissions are out

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

better win his third country album and his second AOTY nomination.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Can’t see anyone beating Chris in Country Album, especially since Kacey is in Pop (not that I think she would win in Country). So manifesting AOTY and SOTY noms!

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

AOTY nominees for me 

heaux tales ~ Jazmine Sullivan 

sour ~ Olivia Rodrigo

nuture ~ Porter Robinson 

evermore ~ Taylor Swift 

Montero ~ Lil Nas X 

Starting Over ~ Chris Stapleton 

Call Me If You Get Lost ~ Tyler, the Creator

Daddy’s Home ~ St. Vincent 

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I saw people discussing this in the other thread. Here are my personal guesses for who the most nominated artists will be. Included everyone that I think is getting 5+ noms. Noms are done in order of most-least confident. I bolded the noms that I’d be very surprised to see not happen.

Billie Eilish: 8 noms
    Album Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Record Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Song Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Pop Vocal Album (Happier Than Ever), Pop Solo Performance (Happier Than Ever), Best Music Video (Happier Than Ever), Best Pop Duo/Group (Lo Vas A Olvidar) Best Music Film (Happier Than Ever Live From Los Angelas)

H.E.R. (7/8 noms depending on what Jazmine sends to R&B song)
    R&B Performance (Damage), R&B Song (possibly x2?) (Damage & Girl Like Me if submitted), Best Song For Visual Media (Fight For You), Best R&B Album (Back Of My Mind), Traditional R&B Performance (Fight For You), Album Of The Year (Back Of My Mind), Song Of The Year (Damage)

Finneas (6 noms)
    Album Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Record Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Song Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Best New Artist, Producer Of The Year, Best Engineered Album

Olivia Rodrigo (6 noms)
    Best New Artist, Album Of The Year (SOUR), Song Of The Year (drivers license), Record Of The Year (drivers license), Best Pop Vocal Album (SOUR), Best Pop Solo Performance (drivers license)

Lil Nas X (6 noms)
    Best Music Video (Montero (Call Me By Your Name))Best Pop Solo Performance (Montero (Call Me By Your Name)), Record Of The Year (Montero (Call Me By Your Name)), Best Melodic Rap Performance (Industry Baby), Best Rap Song (Industry Baby), Song Of The Year (Montero (Call Me By Your Name))

Best Pop Solo Performance

Drake (5 noms)
    Best Rap Album (Certified Lover Boy), Best Rap Performance (Way 2 Sexy), Best Melodic Rap Performance (Girls Want Girls), Best Rap Song (Way 2 Sexy), Album Of The Year (Certified Lover Boy)

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Drake is not getting into Rap Album lol

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Drake is not getting into Rap Album lol

I’d like to think this but I don’t know… I say he will

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 631 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.