Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 631 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

it wasn’t, Justin’s submissions are out

Thank God. I’m glad they played it safe because had the Justin Remix been submitted it would’ve been in jeopardy of being moved to like Pop or something.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Drake is not getting into Rap Album lol

This is uh a bold prediction

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I saw people discussing this in the other thread. Here are my personal guesses for who the most nominated artists will be. Included everyone that I think is getting 5+ noms. Noms are done in order of most-least confident. I bolded the noms that I’d be very surprised to see not happen.

Billie Eilish: 8 noms
    Album Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Record Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Song Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Pop Vocal Album (Happier Than Ever), Pop Solo Performance (Happier Than Ever), Best Music Video (Happier Than Ever), Best Pop Duo/Group (Lo Vas A Olvidar) Best Music Film (Happier Than Ever Live From Los Angelas)

H.E.R. (7/8 noms depending on what Jazmine sends to R&B song)
    R&B Performance (Damage), R&B Song (possibly x2?) (Damage & Girl Like Me if submitted), Best Song For Visual Media (Fight For You), Best R&B Album (Back Of My Mind), Traditional R&B Performance (Fight For You), Album Of The Year (Back Of My Mind), Song Of The Year (Damage)

Finneas (6 noms)
    Album Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Record Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Song Of The Year (Happier Than Ever), Best New Artist, Producer Of The Year, Best Engineered Album

Olivia Rodrigo (6 noms)
    Best New Artist, Album Of The Year (SOUR), Song Of The Year (drivers license), Record Of The Year (drivers license), Best Pop Vocal Album (SOUR), Best Pop Solo Performance (drivers license)

Lil Nas X (6 noms)
    Best Music Video (Montero (Call Me By Your Name))Best Pop Solo Performance (Montero (Call Me By Your Name)), Record Of The Year (Montero (Call Me By Your Name)), Best Melodic Rap Performance (Industry Baby), Best Rap Song (Industry Baby), Song Of The Year (Montero (Call Me By Your Name))

Best Pop Solo Performance

Drake (5 noms)
    Best Rap Album (Certified Lover Boy), Best Rap Performance (Way 2 Sexy), Best Melodic Rap Performance (Girls Want Girls), Best Rap Song (Way 2 Sexy), Album Of The Year (Certified Lover Boy)

Kanye can get 5 noms too. The same categories with Drake!!

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Drake got snubbed with Scorpion, as well as the Grammys are not afraid to not nominate popular rap albums a la last year. I think I should change my answer to maybe, but currently he’s out of the cards for me

2021: Promises ~ Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders feat. The London Symphony Orchestra
    2020: After Hours ~ The Weeknd
    2019: Titanic Rising ~ Weyes Blood
    2018: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides ~ SOPHIE
    2017: Melodrama ~ Lorde
    2016: Blonde ~ Frank Ocean
    2015: To Pimp A Butterfly ~ Kendrick Lamar
    2014: To Be Kind ~ Swans
    2013: Random Access Memories ~ Daft Punk
    2012: The Money Store ~ Death Grips
    2011: Helplessness Blues ~ Fleet Foxes
    2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ~ Kanye West

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

there are no bold predictions with the Grammys baby 

2021: Promises ~ Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders feat. The London Symphony Orchestra

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Drake got snubbed with Scorpion, as well as the Grammys are not afraid to not nominate popular rap albums a la last year. I think I should change my answer to maybe, but currently he’s out of the cards for me

Scorpion missed with a panel. As much as I’d like to pretend otherwise he obviously got more votes than Pusha and Mac.
    The top 5 for BRA feels pretty clear to me at least; Drake, Kanye, Megan, Tyler and Cole

Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

Currently my most nominated

8 Nominations
    Billie Eilish (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Song Written for Visual Media, Best Music Video & Best Music Film)

6 Nomimations
    GIVĒON (Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best R&B Performance, Best R&B Song (x2) & Best R&B Album) 
    H.E.R. (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Best R&B Performance, Best R&B Song, Best R&B Album & Best Song Written for Visual Media)
    Olivia Rodrigo (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Pop Solo Performance & Best Pop Vocal Album)

5 Nominations
    Chris Stapleton (Song of the Year, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Country Duo/Group Performance, Best Country Song & Best Country Album)
    Lil Nas X (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Melodic Rap Performance & Best Music Vide0)

4 Nominations 
    Drake (Best Rap Performance, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Rap Song & Best Rap Album)
    Foo Fighters (Album of the Year, Best Rock Performance, Best Rock Song & Best Rock Album)
    Justin Bieber (Record of the Year (2x), Best Pop Duo/Group Performance & Best Pop Vocal Album)
    Kanye West (Best Rap Performance, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Rap Song & Best Rap Album)
    Silk Sonic (Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best R&B Performance & Best R&B Song)
    SZA (Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance & Best R&B Song)

3 Nominations
    Kacey Musgraves (Album of the Year, Best Country Solo Performance & Best Country Song)
    Jazmine Sullivan (Best R&B Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance & Best R&B Album)
    Doja Cat (Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance & Best Pop Vocal Album)
    Lil Baby (Best Rap Performance, Best Melodic Rap Performance & Best Rap Song)
    St. Vincent (Best Rock Performance, Best Rock Song & Best Alternative Music Album)
    Taylor Swift (Album of the Year, Song of the Year & Best Pop Solo Performance)
    Wolf Alice (Best Rock Performance, Best Rock Song & Best Alternative Music Album)

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Nominations out in exactly 1 month. I wonder how albums in AOTY won’t have genre album category noms. Crazy only 3 out of 8 did this past year.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Nominations out in exactly 1 month. I wonder how albums in AOTY won’t have genre album category noms. Crazy only 3 out of 8 did this past year.

I think it will be 8/8 genre noms this year since there is no more committee.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

AOTY will be a VERY interesting race.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Scorpion got snubbed due to the panel. BUT I would love for Gucci and Elias to be right about Drake missing Rap Album. That would be so glorious. lol

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

If anyone misses the genre category but gets into AOTY, it’s Kacey.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Scorpion missed with a panel. As much as I’d like to pretend otherwise he obviously got more votes than Pusha and Mac. The top 5 for BRA feels pretty clear to me at least; Drake, Kanye, Megan, Tyler and Cole

your forgetting Nas lol

i would beg to differ. Drake won Rap Song the same year he was snubbed in Rap Album and was nominated crazy in the rap categories with Sicko Mode and Gods Plan and Nice for What. They really had no reason to snub him~ it was literally his year. This year he has one big song, and that album is not remembered in Drakes catalogue. You also have to remember that the rap mainstream is not the same as rap voters. Big albums last year from Pop Smoke and Roddy Ricch were snubbed even though they were big rap hits

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Drake won Rap Song the same year he was snubbed in Rap Album and was nominated crazy in the rap categories with Sicko Mode and Gods Plan and Nice for What

I think this is proof that he made top 5 for rap album….

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I think this is proof that he made top 5 for rap album….

my question is why tho lol? There is literally absolutely no reason to snub Drake then

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 631 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.