Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 631 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

You guys overestimate H.E.R a lot. I think one of the reasons why she was always in the general categories was because of the committee. Now that it’s gone i just can’t see it making it to top 8 AOTY. This woman has no hype nor commercial success nor critical acclaim.

She WON SOTY over Grammy favorites like Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish

And before someone says it was because she had a political song, then Beyoncé the most awarded female at the Grammys also had a political song called Black Parade which lost against H.E.R.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

H.E.R. is overestimated overall. In retrospect we were all majorly STUPID to not predict a song literally called “I Can’t Breathe” to win.

However, even if there’s no committees, the past 3 years have proved it will ALWAYS be safer to overestimate H.E.R. than to underestimate. If she misses, so be it, but I’m not going to pass up on the chance to get seemingly easy points by predicting her.

I currently have her in AOTY & SOTY.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I’ve been told for 4 prediction cycles in a row at this point that I’m overestimating H.E.R., I haven’t been wrong to overestimate her yet. Also, claiming committees was the only reason she got nominations was squashed last year when she won SOTY. She beat Beyoncé, Dua, Taylor, and Billie in a straight vote, she has the support.

Profile picture
    Gen
    Topics:

Much fewer people vote round one than two. Someone who could get many votes round two might not get them round one because the voter pool is different.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Her album is too long and bloated and uninteresting.

so were H.E.R. & I Used To Know Her yet so far she’s 2/2 in AOTY

FYC:

*Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Pop Solo Performance: "positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Country Solo Performance: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Country Song: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Rap Album: "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST" by Tyler, The Creator
    *Best R&B Song: "Good Days" by SZA & Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

“That’s why Olivia is the favorite — she’s actually happy,” said one seasoned insider, contrasting Rodrigo with the gloomier likes of Eilish, Lorde and Lana Del Rey, all of whom made critically admired records about the heavy burdens of fame. “She’s like, ‘I broke up with my guy, but yay!’”

Did this person listen to SOUR at all?

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Every respectable outlet has now predicted Taylor for certain noms. And Goldderby continues in denial.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Evermore’s currently rated 4th in the odds and is being predicted for a nom by a good chunk of this forum. The only person I’ve seen say that it has no chance at an AOTY nod is Gucci. I don’t know where this whole ‘Goldderby is denying Taylor’s power!!!!’ narrative comes from but it’s really annoying.

People are shooting down its chances at a win mainly because that’s just pure fucking delusion and there’s a reason why only swifties think it’s coming near a win.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

My gut is telling me to put Gaga/Bennett in AOTY, but i am not feeling it.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Evermore’s currently rated 4th in the odds and is being predicted for a nom by a good chunk of this forum. The only person I’ve seen say that it has no chance at an AOTY nod is Gucci. I don’t know where this whole ‘Goldderby is denying Taylor’s power!!!!’ narrative comes from but it’s really annoying. People are shooting down its chances at a win mainly because that’s just pure fucking delusion and there’s a reason why only swifties think it’s coming near a win.

People commenting are saying that she might only get 1 nom or 0 noms. It’s not only Gucci.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

You guys overestimate H.E.R a lot. I think one of the reasons why she was always in the general categories was because of the committee. Now that it’s gone i just can’t see it making it to top 8 AOTY. This woman has no hype nor commercial success nor critical acclaim.

She literally won Song of the Year earlier this year LOL

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

More like you underestimate HER lol especially with her Debut Album 

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

If Gaga/Bennett get in AOTY over Doja, then does that mean IGAKOY is a frontrunner over KMM in BPDGP

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

This no one appreciates Taylor narrative has got to stop. She gets appreciated so much on this site specifically (she swept the GoldDerby awards earlier this year), and her fans seem to never be satisfied if there is even just 1 person that says she might only get in pop field.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 631 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.