Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 631 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m not sure Taylor is guaranteed a nom in Alternative. I’m sure some of those voters are snobbish. Yet Justin & Aaron have worked with everyone and their mother so that might be enough.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

BRM is too niche and the album didn’t make noise at all, not even critically.

I’d have preferred Doja submit to pop but considering how empty Progressive R&B… I really hope she submitted there lol. She might even win.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

BRM’s album came out recently, they’re early in the ballot and both Aaron & Justin won that category before. I think they’re more likely than someone like Japanese Breakfast for example. Alternative Music Album nominees are frequently a combination of former nominees, similarly to BPVA.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I would be so happy if BRM made it in. That album contains some stunning tracks. And Anais Mitchell’s voice is so beautiful.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Also, while I’m happy that Billie chose Happier than Ever as her ROTY/SOTY submission, I’m saddened that it’s competing in pop. That’s a rock song, Mary.

Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

I have to say ever since April, “Leave the Door Open” has been the clear ROTY winner to me but now I kind of see it going to “drivers license” or “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”. SOTY is still most likely going to “drivers license”.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Also, while I’m happy that Billie chose Happier than Ever as her ROTY/SOTY submission, I’m saddened that it’s competing in pop. That’s a rock song, Mary.

happier than ever = rock

be sweet = pop

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I have to say ever since April, “Leave the Door Open” has been the clear ROTY winner to me but now I kind of see it going to “drivers license” or “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)”. SOTY is still most likely going to “drivers license”.

AOTY : Indie respected artist/veterans
    ROTY : Leave the Door Open/Drivers License
    SOTY : Leave the Door Open/Drivers License
    BNA : Olivia Rodrigo

I predict this would be another 2015 Grammy, when Beck won AOTY and Sam swept the rest GF.

Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

doja could easily get nominated for Progressive R&B album since it’s pretty empty. but of course her team most likely submitted the album for BPVA, or the academy also could’ve moved it from R&B to pop

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Yo so who submitted to best new artist? Ik Olivia is winning bet who’s her non-existent competition

2021: Promises ~ Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders feat. The London Symphony Orchestra
    2020: After Hours ~ The Weeknd
    2019: Titanic Rising ~ Weyes Blood
    2018: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides ~ SOPHIE
    2017: Melodrama ~ Lorde
    2016: Blonde ~ Frank Ocean
    2015: To Pimp A Butterfly ~ Kendrick Lamar
    2014: To Be Kind ~ Swans
    2013: Random Access Memories ~ Daft Punk
    2012: The Money Store ~ Death Grips
    2011: Helplessness Blues ~ Fleet Foxes
    2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ~ Kanye West

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

With the nomination committees gone, I find it hard to not see BTS get a nom. Butter was a huge hit, and with a popular vote it would be hard to resist. It is my long shot pick.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

happier than ever = rock be sweet = pop

What’s be sweet I’m sorry?

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

BRM is too niche and the album didn’t make noise at all, not even critically.

I’d have preferred Doja submit to pop but considering how empty Progressive R&B… I really hope she submitted there lol. She might even win.

Yes! Doja can definitely (hopefully) win Progressive R&B w/ Planet HER. Kiss Me More however goes in Pop.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I agree. Was LTDO even submitted for this year, since no FYCs and submissions list have revealed the song to be in contention?

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure his label submitted. I don’t see Lil Nas X or Olivia beating Bruno Mars. Not to mention he’s won ROTY twice. He has more support than both. He’s a universally liked artist within the Academy. He’s teaming with Anderson.Paak as well (pure Grammy bait).

As far as FYC’s, I don’t think every artist does those plus first-round voting hasn’t even started yet. We really should just wait until Friday (hopefully a voter will help us) to clarify submissions.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 631 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.