Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 631 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I would only be surprised if Taylor showed up in Pop Duo and Music Video (even though I don’t think she’s getting Pop Solo either, but who knows). The others are very possible, and to /me/ she’s very safe in BPVA and SOTY.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

{“She has a realistic chance at Album of the Year”}

Some ppl never learn from the past. i’m a massive taylor fan myself but after last year there is absolutely no way in hell i’m predicting taylor to get more than 3 nominations max. she had a career defining album and although she won AOTY, she lost EVERY other nomination. the difference between folklore and evermore is astronomical for me in the sense that with folklore, it was something massive and a shift. folklore really was the quarantine album of 2020 and it HAD impact whether fan/non-fans want to admit. With evermore, it’s very much a continuation of folklore (it’s literally labelled a sister album). It doesn’t have the same magic/impact that it’s predecessor had other than the critical acclaim. I just think there’s no way it’s going to be given the same amount of love by voters especially since it was released so early on the eligibility period. Taylor is very respected and liked by the academy but predicting her to get nominated in AOTY the very next year she won after her history just seems dumb. regardless of the rule change and how there’s no committee, the only nomination i see her getting in is pop vocal album bc her strongest category is always in albums. other than that, any other nomination would come off as a surprise; maybe willow in song of the year. even best music film i struggle to see her getting a nom bc she failed with the critically acclaimed miss americana documentary when docs were eligible.

Profile picture
    Carlos Luis Turmero
    Topics:

If Positions ends up being nominated for AOTY, I’m gonna laugh so hard because all of the hate that people just give Ariana for free.

Positions is definitely not her best album, but it isn’t the worst. I find it even better that sweetener, and that won a Grammy, so I’m all here for Positions

On the other hand, I truly wanna see Miley get recognized with Plastic Hearts. Men what an album, I love it from beginning to end, it’s just perfect

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I can see Taylor getting between 0 and 5 noms (AOTY, SOTY, BPVA, BPSP, BMF). Honestly she’s not looking good for much right now, the hype for evermore has been gone since February and the lack of activity with Red TV means there’s minimal focus on her right now during voting.

Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

{“She has a realistic chance at Album of the Year”}

Some ppl never learn from the past. i’m a massive taylor fan myself but after last year there is absolutely no way in hell i’m predicting taylor to get more than 3 nominations max. she had a career defining album and although she won AOTY, she lost EVERY other nomination. the difference between folklore and evermore is astronomical for me in the sense that with folklore, it was something massive and a shift. folklore really was the quarantine album of 2020 and it HAD impact whether fan/non-fans want to admit. With evermore, it’s very much a continuation of folklore (it’s literally labelled a sister album). It doesn’t have the same magic/impact that it’s predecessor had other than the critical acclaim. I just think there’s no way it’s going to be given the same amount of love by voters especially since it was released so early on the eligibility period. Taylor is very respected and liked by the academy but predicting her to get nominated in AOTY the very next year she won after her history just seems dumb. regardless of the rule change and how there’s no committee, the only nomination i see her getting in is pop vocal album bc her strongest category is always in albums. other than that, any other nomination would come off as a surprise; maybe willow in song of the year. even best music film i struggle to see her getting a nom bc she failed with the critically acclaimed miss americana documentary when docs were eligible.

The fact that she won Album of the Year last year, as well as twice in the past, shows that she’s hugely respected and can get support from multiple genres. I actually think it’s likelier she makes Album of the Year and misses Pop Vocal Album than the other way around. As for Music Film, Miss Americana competed under the committee system, it not being nominated says nothing about her chances this year.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Dream on, delusional Swifties!  Taylor Swift is NOT getting 5 nominations.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I can see Taylor getting nominations: 

AOTY/SOTY/Pop Solo/Pop Duo/Pop Vocal

I can see for some Country categories, but we shall see. Btw I’m not predicting these, I’m just putting it out there.

RIP SOPHIE

~FAVORITE ALBUMS~
    Call Me If You Get Lost
    Cavalcade
    Daddy’s Home
    Dawn of Chromatica
    Donda (My Version)
    For the First Time
    HEAUX Tales
    Inside
    Montero
    Nurture
    Promises
    Roadrunner
    Sinner Get Ready
    Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
    SOUR
    The Turning Wheel

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Inb4 Taylor gets more than 5 noms including the BRM one, I mean nobody saw Bey coming last year with most noms as people thought it was Brittany after KK’s early info

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I am curious of whether or not no body, no crime has any chance in BCDGP or BCS with the removal of the committees (assuming it was submitted). She hasn’t been getting in in previous years but she may have just been consistently blocked. The removal of committees make this year just a complete mess to predict.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

SOTY PREDIX

RIGHT ON TIME – Brandi Carlile (The 40-Year Old Lesbian Pop Crooner)
    DRIVER’S LICENSE – Olivia Rodrigo (Avril Lavigne Lite)
    WILLOW – Taylor Swift (Joni Mitchell Wannabe)
    HAPPIER THAN EVER – Billie Eilish (FINNEAS’ talented sister)
    MONTERO – Lil Nas X (The Gay Nightmare)
    DAMAGE – H.E.R. (The Favourite)
    BAD HABITS – Ed Sheeran (Taylor Swift’s friend)
    KISS ME MORE – Doja Cat (Tyson Trax’s blessing)

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

SOTY PREDIX RIGHT ON TIME – Brandi Carlile (The 40-Year Old Lesbian Pop Crooner)

WILLOW – Taylor Swift (Joni Mitchell Wannabe)

Why’d you have to do her like that

BAD HABITS – Ed Sheeran (Taylor Swift’s friend)

Nevermind you did him worse💀

KISS ME MORE – Doja Cat (Tyson Trax’s blessing)

On a serious note, I really hope Doja escapes that man soon because I love her and her music but it’s just so hard to support.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

On a serious note, I really hope Doja escapes that man soon because I love her and her music but it’s just so hard to support.

I know! It hurts me to predict her but I have no choice 🙁

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Brandi describing herself like that was hilarious

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Brandi describing herself like that was hilarious

I think I missed a couple of things (mother of two?) but yeah she’s cool. I love her. She’s a beautiful songwriter. And I’m gay so I shouldn’t technically like lesbians.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

‘Positions’ is not a bad album but it feels like a not-event and it’s not even acclaimed or having any kind of sort of narrative for it, it’s not gonna get nominated, and not even winning any genre categories, especially considering how the Academy showed very few love to her in general in the past with more successful-acclaimed projects.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 631 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.