Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 631 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Is this a new rule? Voters can only vote in 3 genres and 10 genre categories?

Yes it just got brought down starting for this next ceremony. So 14 categories max: 3 fields with 10 categories amongst those plus the 4 general field categories.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

They want voters to only vote for the fields they’re most familiar and an expert at

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Yes it just got brought down starting for this next ceremony. So 14 categories max: 3 fields with 10 categories amongst those plus the 4 general field categories.

This is good. We won’t see random things like Kanye West winning Christian album for being the biggest artist there for many of the voters.

So the only categories where everyone can vote is AOTY, ROTY, SOTY & BNA.

By the way is this rule only for nominations? Or both nominations and winners?

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

This is good. We won’t see random things like Kanye West winning Christian album for being the biggest artist there for many of the voters.

So the only categories where everyone can vote is AOTY, ROTY, SOTY & BNA.

By the way is this rule only for nominations? Or both nominations and winners?

Hmmm right now it’s nominations. I think everybody can vote in every categories once its final round but they didn’t specify.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

This is good. We won’t see random things like Kanye West winning Christian album for being the biggest artist there for many of the voters. So the only categories where everyone can vote is AOTY, ROTY, SOTY & BNA. By the way is this rule only for nominations? Or both nominations and winners?

I am pretty sure only nominations

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

after looking at Bieber’s FYC I think he really sent Peaches to R&B. With Anyone as his pop solo submission and Lonely for pop duo/group.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

Doja’s FYC did a great job at showing the diff genres she is hinting at submitting.

Profile picture
    itsjimbates
    Topics:

Put me down for Rock, Alternative, Pop.

Best Alternative Album is usually one of my top 2 genre categories so I would definitely sacrifice an entire field to vote for that.

Profile picture
    Antony Partcero
    Topics:

The fact that Levitating Remix was secure as a ROTY and BPDGP… now we have to deal with Kiss Me More and Stay.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I am starting to feel pretty confident w Stay and Peaches getting in ROTY. Both were a commercial and critical hit. Also Kid Laroi is fairly close to a lock for BNA nomination, so I feel pretty good with their odds.

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I am starting to feel pretty confident w Stay and Peaches getting in ROTY. Both were a commercial and critical hit. Also Kid Laroi is fairly close to a lock for BNA nomination, so I feel pretty good with their odds.

If voters like Kid Laroi it can definitely happen

Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

Stay is peaking at the perfect time

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

If voters like Kid Laroi it can definitely happen

I feel like the New Artist thing could also help elevate him to a nom. But who knows how they feel. The song is a huge hit, and Bieber is on it so that may help lol.

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

Bo Burnam can also be positively affected by his ineligibility in comedy album. Voters might check him off in New Artist. But who knows, Grammys gonna Grammys.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Bo Burnam can also be positively affected by his ineligibility in comedy album. Voters might check him off in New Artist. But who knows, Grammys gonna Grammys.

he is not eligible for best new artist

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 631 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 18)’ is closed to new replies.