Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 19)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,120 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The Weeknd didn’t get blocked from Pop Categories though because Pop never had a committee to begin with. Its voted solely on a popular vote . It’s simply bc he didn’t enough votes there . I would say he was blocked by the committee in the general fields categories or he simply didn’t make it to the top 20.

If he didn’t make the top 5 in pop it’s very unlikely he made the top 20.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I mean…. I’m pretty sure there are secret committees

There were genre committees for every genre category except Pop. Pop is viewed as a popular category, they vote based on what’s quality popular music to them. Then you have the BRP (Blue Ribbon Panel) which was over the general field and they chose final lineup for the GF based on Top 20 for each I believe.

Some people on here were making cases saying that voters could’ve been looking for him in R&B categories or something like that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Worst snub of last year will remain Over It, the Soul Train AOTY winner with an 86 metascore, getting 0 noms btw.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mathwhiz11
    Topics:

cuz he was simply blocked, I’m not about conspiracy theories but you can not convince me he didn’t have enough votes, I would believe the conspiracy theory over that

You have way too much faith in the body of voters. I just don’t have the faith that they think as logically about what songs should make it based on chart success vs their own thinking. I guess we’ll see in 2 hours

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I think Abel simply didn’t have enough votes for the Pop categories (which is ridiculous, but it happened) and got into the top20 for the GF but the BRP made a bad decision in not nominating him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Worst snub of last year will remain Over It, the Soul Train AOTY winner with an 86 metascore, getting 0 noms btw.

Summer Walker was robbed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

R&B Panel was trying get Jhene a Grammy win but it backfired and the voters went with Thundercat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I just realized that Scooter is involved with JB and BTS so Peaches/Stay not getting submitted to BPDG might be his doing

It’s not Scooter exactly but most labels and artists management arrange with each other which strategy would be better to maximize noms and wins. Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran are from the same label and in 2018 they didn’t submit the both of them in same genre. Mars was entirely R&B (where he could’ve submitted Pop with 24k Magic) and Sheeran was entirely Pop.

People blame Scooter for everything cause his name is popular but he is just one powerful jerk manager who plays the game that every other management does.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Nco120
    Topics:

I just realized that Scooter is involved with JB and BTS so Peaches/Stay not getting submitted to BPDG might be his doing

I don’t think it’s his doing. I think Columbia Records assumed Justin would submit Peaches so they chose to submit a different song for KL and Justin’s label thought KL was going to submit Stay so Justin submitted Peaches to R&B.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I think Abel simply didn’t have enough votes for the Pop categories (which is ridiculous, but it happened) and got into the top20 for the GF but the committee made a bad decision in not nominating him.

I disagree. I feel if he made Top 20 they would’ve nominated him since he missed in the pop field (similar to Post Malone last year, Lorde with Melodrama, Lana with Norman Fucking Rockwell,  etc.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I disagree. I feel if he made Top 20 they would’ve nominated him since he missed in the pop field (similar to Post Malone last year, Lorde with Melodrama, Lana with Norman Fucking Rockwell, etc.)

This makes sense. But it’s crazy for me to think he didn’t even have enough votes for a top20. For the pop categories I understand, but the GF… whew

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

The Weeknd’s snub in favor of Yummy and Perfect Duet’s snub in favor of Xtina, Backstreet Boys and Tony Bennett prove that the alphabetical order privilege is real.

Summer Walker being snubbed in order to clear the way for Jhené was ridiculous. Nominations are constantly weird with panels, but at least during the second round, R&B voters don’t gaf and vote for who actually deserves the most. Thank God Thundercat won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Sending good vibes to Chris, Arlo, Foo Fighters and Tony & Gaga. And very bad vibes to Morgan Wallen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Even if Abel managed to get across the GF without genre votes he would’ve still lost all his nominations. Taylor had crossover genre appeal with her album and probably pulled votes from multiple blocks.

I truly feel like Fiona was BLOCKED the GF. She almost swept the Rock Field but that’s a conversation for another day. We’re in a new Grammy season now lol!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lynda
    Topics:

Sending good vibes to Chris, Arlo, Foo Fighters and Tony & Gaga. And very bad vibes to Morgan Wallen.

Morgan Wallen is very much happening I’m afraid

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 1,120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.