Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 19)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 19)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,120 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
lipabridgerst..
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Hoping Morgan bombs for obvious reasons. I’m also hoping voters reject blatant category fraud and snub Finneas from BNA

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Why wasn’t Snoh Aalegra eligible for BNA ? That’s weird to me but Finneas is … a multiple time Grammy winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Even if Abel managed to get across the GF without genre votes he would’ve still lost all his nominations. Taylor had crossover genre appeal with her album and probably pulled votes from multiple blocks. I truly feel like Fiona was BLOCKED the GF. She almost swept the Rock Field but that’s a conversation for another day. We’re in a new Grammy season now lol!

There were arguably at least 6 Alternative Music albums in the top 20 for AOTY. Rock Performance is also strong in ROTY. It’s very, very possible that Fiona was in the top 8 for both and Brittany and at least someone else were in the top 8 for AOTY.

Last year, Rock/Alt categories were the greatest in quality, the most competitive and the most interesting ones. So much better than AOTY!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Morgan Wallen is very much happening I’m afraid

While there’s life, there’s hope! No, but at this point I just hope he doesn’t get anything in the GF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    altmotif9
    Topics:

The committee screwed him up for the GF. But he should have gotten some other noms at least…and there is this whole thing with him not submitting in rnb. There’s always been this theory that they try to box black artists into ”urban” or rnb… he was simply overlooked in the pop categories, sadly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CharmingMelody
    Topics:

Even if Abel managed to get across the GF without genre votes he would’ve still lost all his nominations. Taylor had crossover genre appeal with her album and probably pulled votes from multiple blocks. I truly feel like Fiona was BLOCKED the GF. She almost swept the Rock Field but that’s a conversation for another day. We’re in a new Grammy season now lol!

fiona deserved to be in GF

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

There were arguably at least 6 Alternative Music albums in the top 20 for AOTY. Rock Performance is also strong in ROTY. It’s very, very possible that Fiona was in the top 8 for both and Brittany and at least someone else were in the top 8 for AOTY.

Last year, Rock/Alt categories were the greatest in quality, the most competitive and the most interesting ones. So much better than AOTY!

There’s very little chance Fiona was not in the final 8 based on popular vote. I’m thinking she at least got into AOTY and SOTY. Brittany probably at least made AOTY as well. Whatever was going on with the general voters but especially the committees and the BRP last year, it was calculated shit that led to a lot of mess.

The Weeknd’s situation is a different from Fiona’s as there was likely genre confusion/resentment towards him submitting to Pop. But I still find it very hard to believe After Hours didn’t make the top 8 for AOTY and especially that “Blinding Lights” didn’t make ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

The Weeknd’s snub in favor of Yummy and Perfect Duet’s snub in favor of Xtina, Backstreet Boys and Tony Bennett prove that the alphabetical order privilege is real. Summer Walker being snubbed in order to clear the way for Jhené was ridiculous. Nominations are constantly weird with panels, but at least during the second round, R&B voters don’t gaf and vote for who actually deserves the most. Thank God Thundercat won.

I’m so tired of seeing the Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, and Bennett getting in argument for the alphabet advantage. You know who also got in that year? Zedd. If you have the votes it doesn’t matter where you are on the ballot, if people wanted to vote for The Weeknd they would’ve.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I’m so tired of seeing the Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, and Bennett getting in argument for the alphabet advantage. You know who also got in that year? Zedd. If you have the votes it doesn’t matter where you are on the ballot, if people wanted to vote for The Weeknd they would’ve.

It’s not one reason only that causes one nomination or a snub. 3 of the 7 Pop Duo 2019 nominees were clearly benefitted from alphabetical order and namecheck. And at the same time The Weeknd could’ve been snubbed cause a share of voters didn’t want to vote for him, or didn’t get to the end of the ballot or looked for him in r&b whatever. One hypothesis doesn’t necessarily exclude the other.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Amigo22w
    Topics:

Why are they announcing so late?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

They still haven’t shared the category list

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

fiona deserved to be in GF

Yep

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Prediction Center closes in 30 minutes 😭. Get y’all last minute predictions in

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

can we get a last-minute leak? just to be prepared for the mess these nominations will be lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,006 through 1,020 (of 1,120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.