Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 931 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Cardi B
ELIAS🍂
James Otto Sw..
  • Profile picture
    strong-era
    Topics:

There have been rumors Adele and Rihanna will release albums this year + we know Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, and others in the pop field are likely to return with new albums (there’s also Ariana Grande who has already released an album in this eligibility period).

I think Rodrigo will certainly be nominated for BNA (a singer-songwriter who has a hit song is Grammy catnip), and probably Pop Solo (though this very much depends on how the field shakes out). The Grammys also love to over reward these young stars when they breakout. If she releases an album, she’ll definitely be in Pop Vocal Album. But it seems like it’s just an EP — still, if the big artists go missing again, don’t be surprised if her EP ends up there.

And no, it’s not too early to claim this and it’s not excessive, either. She’s a popular Disney star who writes her own songs and is possibly getting a #1 debut in both the US and UK with her debut single. Without any radio. Her label obviously didn’t expect her to be this big and she’s going to get all of their attention now.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Lana forgetting she was supposed to release a song plss

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I would wait to analyze Olivia’s Grammy prospects. She could be just another Carly Rae Jepsen.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Drivers License now locked for a #1 debut and pacing for 500 points. The organic success of the song is unmatched.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

We estimated in this thread, apart from the known options, we should consider a break-out song/artist. For now, i will have drivers licence, but we have to see what else Olivia will do until September to consider her for BNA.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

drivers license could be an early frontrunner for ROTY, SOTY, and BPSP. Also, Olivia Rodrigo might be BNA.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

We estimated in this thread, apart from the known options, we should consider a break-out song/artist. For now, i will have drivers licence, but we have to see what else Olivia will do until September to consider her for BNA.

I agree with this. There’s a very clear pattern at the Grammys of nominating new artists for SOTY only (Hozier, JP Saxe, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi, Ella Mai) and ignoring them for BNA until they have a second hit (Megan Trainor is a clear example). I think Olivia’s biggest shot as of now is a SOTY nomination. The BNA nom won’t come unless she shows staying power.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

That drivers license song is just ok. Don’t see the hype sounds like a Lorde meets Taylor Swift’s “Red” album track. Will likely be forgotten by summer. “Good Days” is still the best song released this Grammy cycle and deserves that SOTY Grammy.

Profile picture
    Topics:

I know it’s early but I don’t see “drivers license” making Pop Solo unless it gets a massive radio deal.

Especially since she’s competing with Adele, Ariana Grande, Bruno Mars, Billie Eilish, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Doja Cat, Taylor Swift, potentially Lorde, Harry Styles, and maybe Rihanna too.

SOTY can happen and BNA seems likely.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/vBHild0PiTE

chemtrails over the country club title track

album March 19th, 2021. 45 minutes 

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

love chemtrails over the country club and the video was her best in years, i can’t wait for her album.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo should also be considered for pop solo, ROTY, and SOTY. BNA is a given if people’s support continues. I have not seen this much support for someone so young and so early in her career. It’s pretty shocking that many people weren’t saying her name a week ago and now she’s a frontrunner.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

new Lana’s video is amazing!

i would hope to see it nominated in BMV, but we all know that’s not happening

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

That drivers license song is just ok. Don’t see the hype sounds like a Lorde meets Taylor Swift’s “Red” album track. Will likely be forgotten by summer. “Good Days” is still the best song released this Grammy cycle and deserves that SOTY Grammy.

I agree. Lorde was very unorthodox in pop at her time. We have quiet not seen anything like that since Billie Eilish’s Bad Guy. Drivers License not really innovative in anyway. We’ve heard time and time again where girl falls in love with guy, guy finds another girl, girl is sad and pressed. It just sounds really well done with pretty good vocals. 

Folklore AOTY

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.