Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 931 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Usher
PSALMS🌕
Lemon
  • Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

I would wait to analyze Olivia’s Grammy prospects. She could be just another Carly Rae Jepsen.

hey, Carly deserves more than  a Grammy. Run Away with Me is one the best pop songs of the past 2010s. Definitely should have won pop solo in 2015/2016 Grammys.

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Get real!  “Good Days” is NOT the best song released this Grammy cycle.  That song stinks.  YUCK!

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Bree Runway…. BNA Contender. That is all.

ATM ft. Missy Elliot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr35zhcfd2g&feature=youtu.be

Profile picture
    literature
    Topics:

Driver’s License seems locked for SOTY at this point. But I really don’t see her winning GF (except BNA) unless she really smashes in her debut era, considering Adele , Rihanna, Kendrick are all releasing.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Driver’s License seems locked for SOTY at this point. But I really don’t see her winning GF (except BNA) unless she really smashes in her debut era, considering Adele , Rihanna, Kendrick are all releasing.

Rihanna won’t be a factor and I doubt she’s dropping. If Adele is releasing then it’s over for everyone but I’m waiting for the official announcement before speculating. Kendrick probably won’t drop until he can tour

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

i agree I think a best new artist win is possible but that’s it. But honestly that’s all she needs she is still early and can get some big nominations and wins this year and in the future years

Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Honey, Rihanna is NOT Adele.  Five years is way too long of a break for RiRi.  She was never a huge album seller.  Just a single’s artist.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Honey, Rihanna is NOT Adele. Five years is way too long of a break for RiRi. She was never a huge album seller. Just a single’s artist.

Huge *singles* artist. That’s why she probably has a hard time releasing music is because she doesn’t have the standard rollout of

1 album = era.

For her an era consists of a collection of different albums which is too time consuming.

1 album for her and then go means it may underperform. Rihanna’s smart so I think she knows this too.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Best New Artist:

– Sault
    – Olivia Rodrigo
    – Beabadoobee
    – Playboi Carti
    – Rina Sawayama (considered she’s eligible)
    – Conan Gray
    – Morgan Wallen

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo is a Disney star. They rarely get taken seriously by the Academy. It took years for Miley Cyrus to get a Grammy nomination and Hannah Montana was Huge and Miley is a household name. It also took Ariana and Demi a while as well. I wouldn’t bet the house on Olivia. If it happens, it happens but she’s far from a “lock”.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

BNA hopefuls ~

Bree Runway
    Morgan Wallen
    Rina Sawayama
    Sault
    Summer Walker (they fucked up big time)

The other 3 can surprise us and make a space for themselves in 2021

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo is a Disney star. They rarely get taken seriously by the Academy. It took years for Miley Cyrus to get a Grammy nomination and Hannah Montana was Huge and Miley is a household name. It also took Ariana and Demi a while as well. I wouldn’t bet the house on Olivia. If it happens, it happens but she’s far from a “lock”.

Jonas Brothers, Xtina, Britney all got nominated for BNA. Xtina and Britney also pulled off ‘Female Pop Vocal Performance’ nods too. Justin even got one back in 2010, when he was basically seen as a Disney star (I know he technically wasn’t on Disney but still.) It didn’t really take Ariana a while; she got in on her 2nd album which was her first big era. Miley got in with Bangerz which was her first big era as well. Since this is shaping up to be big for Olivia, I don’t really see why she couldn’t get in.

I agree she isn’t a lock (no one really is this early into the season) but she’s got the first true smash hit of the year, already has support from Taylor and seems to be taken seriously as a writer. I think if ‘Driver’s License’ manages to keep its momentum, Olivia has a shot at a bunch of nominations

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

Get real!  Having support from Taylor Swift (BARF!) means absolutely nothing.  The fuckery of it all.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

BNA hopefuls ~ Bree Runway Morgan Wallen Rina Sawayama Sault Summer Walker (they fucked up big time) The other 3 can surprise us and make a space for themselves in 2021

I hope Summer can keep her hype. Will she release new music during this eligibility period

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Driver’s License is going to be the breakup anthem for this year’s Valentine’s Day.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.