Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 931 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Cardi
ELIAS🍂
James Otto Sw..
  • Profile picture
    thirdgrammyaoty
    Topics:

Dream on, delusional Swifties! Evermore is NOT a strong contender. It will be completely forgotten by August.

i mean anything-taylor is always on your mind 24/7 so i doubt that and NBNC will impact january 11 so she might not disappear this time

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I honestly don’t think taylor will be a strong player or be nominated in the GF with kind of the „same“ album two years in a row (especially if she wins AOTY this year)

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

so far, Megan Thee Stallion & Chris Stapleton are bigger contenders for an AOTY nomination than Taylor Swift. she’ll only be nominated again/allowed to win for the 4th time in the late 2020s. and after Adele wins for the 3rd time.

it is so early to make actual predictions though because they don’t even have competition in their own fields yet. except for Taylor of course because Ariana will get namechecked.

with Adele & Billie confirmed to release albums and Lorde, Jay Z, Kendrick and Kacey all highly speculated, this is going to be a very strong year.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Artists confirmed/rumored to drop albums/music in 2021 •Adele •Drake •Rosé •Lisa •Jisoo •Nicki Minaj •Selena Gomez •Doja Cat •Megan Thee Stallion •Lana Del Rey •Madison Beer •ZAYN •Lil Nas X •Billie Eilish •Lorde •ChloexHalle •Anitta •Demi Lovato

Out of these artists only a few seem to be acts that would actually be nominated in my opinion. Next year seems to be strong with heavy hitters like Adele, Kendrick, Lorde etc all expected to release so artists like Selena, Nicki, Madison, Demi etc don’t seem to put up much competition for slots. I think we will also see albums like folklore/evermore being released in close proximity to each other next year which could throw some other artists into the mix like Harry, Dua, Post etc that competed in this year’s Grammy cycle.

I don’t see evermore happening anywhere in the GF if folklore wins AOTY this year.

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Beyonce vs Adele Part II

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

Artists confirmed/rumored to drop albums/music in 2021 •Adele •Drake •Megan Thee Stallion •Lana Del Rey •Billie Eilish •Lorde

These are the only ones from the list I can see appearing in the GF.

And even then, I have doubts about Lorde and Lana because I think it’ll be hard for them to top or at least match the reception of their previous albums

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lveitrim
    Topics:

“Locks”:

Best Pop Vocal Album — “evermore”: It won’t be nominated for Album Of The Year but it will for sure be nominated for BPVA.

Best Rap Performance — “WAP”: It’s safe to say that if Cardi submits this it will be nominated. It is one of the most acclaimed and best selling songs of this year. It is provocative but you can’t deny it’s impact.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance — “Levitating” (Remix): It’s looking to turn out like Don’t Start Now which will blow up in the first quarter of 2021 and might remain stable.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance — “Holy”: They will probably eat this up like “Intentions”.

“Maybes”:

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance — “no body, no crime” or “evermore”: When you think about it, this matters if Taylor pushes either. If she doesn’t, I think evermore will be nominated.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Positions is probably more of a lock for Pop Vocal Album than Evermore is. The song is definitely the frontrunner for Pop Solo but then again almost no one has released anyways. Doubt it’s gonna be a winning contender come October.

EARLY PREDICTIONS

Pop Solo Performance
    1. Ariana Grande – positions/34+35
    2. Billie Eilish – Therefore I Am
    3. Taylor Swift – willow
    4. Shawn Mendes – Wonder
    5. Lil Nas X – Holiday

Pop Duo/Group Performance
    1. Justin Bieber feat. Chance the Rapper – Holy
    2. Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby – Levitating
    3. Bad Bunny feat. Jhay Cortez – DÁKITI
    4. Ariana Grande feat. Doja Cat – motive
    5. Taylor Swift feat. Bon Iver – evermore (I assume NBNC is going country)

Pop Vocal Album
    1. Justin Bieber – TBA
    2. Ariana Grande – Positions
    3. Taylor Swift – evermore
    4. Shawn Mendes – Wonder
    5. Miley Cyrus – Plastic Hearts

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

Is What You Know Bout Love by Pop Smoke eligible for consideration next year? I noticed that the song was released as a single during this eligibility period. If so I’d consider that as a strong ROTY contender. Plus the music video came out last week too.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

I think it’s a waste of time to make predictions for the 2022 Grammys now. I say this because most of this year’s releases won’t even be nominated and if they are, they won’t be competitive to win.
    I even include Taylor’s own evermore who should get one filler nomination in Pop Vocal but will not be nominated in many categories as they will honor Folklore next year.

I believe Shawn Mendes will be like Bieber with Changes and will release another album quickly next year after Wonder’s flop.

Adele, Bruno, Rihanna, Billie, Ed Sheeran etc will impact the 2022 Grammys more than the releases now.

From the releases now I see Positions and Evermore being nominated in Pop Vocal, but I think the two will not have hype to win but will be nominated especially because of the artists names behind the work.

But none of this is certain or lock because we are at the beginning of the eligibility period, a lot will change so I will not bet on anything now.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Can’t wait when Drake his mediocre commercial album/single get in general field lol

For you consideration :

Album of the year : evermore
    Record of the year : willow
    Song of the year : willow
    Best pop vocal album : evermore
    Best pop solo performance : willow
    Best pop duo/group performance : no body no crime (feat. HAIM)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.