Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 931 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
DaBaby
PSALMS🌕
James Otto Sw..
  • Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Bang is overhated for me. It’s a mediocre song but it’s listenable and I get the appeal.

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

It’s not a “crossover”,

It literally is a crossover alt hit…

Anyways not sure why “Bang!” is such a gag considering it’s a big hit that keeps rising, has the best callouts for pop radio we’ve seen in a while, and AJR are independent (which seems to be a trend at the Grammys). I think it’ll be filler at best in the GF if it gets in, but I don’t see what’s ilogical about it. Y’all act like Yummy didn’t get a Grammy nomination.

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

It literally is a crossover alt hit… Anyways not sure why “Bang!” is such a gag considering it’s a big hit that keeps rising, has the best callouts for pop radio we’ve seen in a while, and AJR are independent (which seems to be a trend at the Grammys). I think it’ll be filler at best in the GF if it gets in, but I don’t see what’s ilogical about it. Y’all act like Yummy didn’t get a Grammy nomination.

The majority of us don’t think it won’t get in, I think we all have probable better songs that deserve the top 5 spots.

And we will come for the Grammys if they nominate the pile of garbage wbk.

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Praying circle for sza finally win a grammy.</p>

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Bang is the Dance Monkey of this year. I am sure someone has already said something like that here. If it receives a nomination, it’s because their name is early on the Best Pop Duo/Group Performance ballot and they ended up in 4th/5th place.

Also, people didn’t vote for Yummy. People voted for whatever was Justin Bieber’s submission. In a similar scenario, his name was just early on the ballot and he tied with either Harry, Doja or Billie. He got like 3 votes (sic) and made it.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Is there any way to verify that Bang! hasn’t been submitted yet?

Anyways, I think a lot of y’all need to check callouts. Bang! has the highest positive reactions and the lowest negative reactions. This has already smashed on alt and rock radio. If this smashes on pop radio, like the callouts suggest it will, this is definitely a contender for a nom. And I say this as the #1 Bang! hater.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i don’t trust the callouts very much to be honest

Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

SZA + Grammy winner = NOT happening

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Before I get to predicting, I just want to remind everyone here of a few things:

1. In 2019, I got “honey”-ed for predicting “Truth Hurts” getting a Pop Solo nomination. Of course, it would go on to win that category.

2. In 2020, I was called several things including “racist” and “Trump supporter” for making the prediction that The Weeknd definitely wouldn’t be winning any Grammys for the lackluster After Hours. Of course, The Weeknd would go on to deservedly have zero nominations for this year.

Now it’s 2021. I haven’t kept up with the conversation for awhile to know the deranged predictions some of you are making. But I don’t doubt that 2021 will be different from my past two years here. Maybe this time I might get called an “insurrectionist.” Who knows?

Regarding predictions, all I can say for now is Positions is, at best, this year’s Changes. A pathetic body of work belonging to a big star. But “positions” would be a huge Pop Solo contender from what I can see.

Evermore seems like yet another AOTY and Pop Vocal contender, but I have my doubts about “willow.”

Lana Del Rey’s new effort seems promising. Going off her two new singles, she’s giving us Norman Fucking Rockwell! vibes, the album that landed her her first set of GF nominations. I can foresee at least a likely Pop Vocal nomination, possibly another round of AOTY and SOTY nominations.

That’s all for now, folks!

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Now, while making your predictions, let’s not make the mistake of linking someone’s (shady) past to their Grammy chances. Tyson Trax deservedly has a Grammy nomination this year, and Fiona Apple, shamefully, has been a pained little kid about it.

Be professional, Gold Derby members. Quit being little kids. I’m glad the Recording Academy was mature enough to do the right thing. The Grammys aren’t an honor for character.

If, for instance, Trump should make a spoken word album today, and that album happens to be amazing, please, give Trump the Grammy.

Someone’s past should have no business with them winning a Grammy, unless it’s something like a Milli Vanilli that is actually music related.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

If you are abusive then you don’t deserve to have your work, quality or not, being recognized and awarded❤️

FYC 2021:
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don't Start Now
    SOTY: cardigan
    BNA: Phoebe Bridgers

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

“that’s all for now folks!” then you go on to make a patronising follow up post about why abusive people deserve to be recognised for their work. please just leave us alone

THEORY: jennylewisfan is either dr luke or donald trump

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Before I get to predicting, I just want to remind everyone here of a few things:

1. In 2019, I got “honey”-ed for predicting “Truth Hurts” getting a Pop Solo nomination. Of course, it would go on to win that category.

2. In 2020, I was called several things including “racist” and “Trump supporter” for making the prediction that The Weeknd definitely wouldn’t be winning any Grammys for the lackluster After Hours. Of course, The Weeknd would go on to deservedly have zero nominations for this year.

Now it’s 2021. I haven’t kept up with the conversation for awhile to know the deranged predictions some of you are making. But I don’t doubt that 2021 will be different from my past two years here. Maybe this time I might get called an “insurrectionist.” Who knows?

Regarding predictions, all I can say for now is Positions is, at best, this year’s Changes. A pathetic body of work belonging to a big star. But “positions” would be a huge Pop Solo contender from what I can see.

Evermore seems like yet another AOTY and Pop Vocal contender, but I have my doubts about “willow.”

Lana Del Rey’s new effort seems promising. Going off her two new singles, she’s giving us Norman Fucking Rockwell! vibes, the album that landed her her first set of GF nominations. I can foresee at least a likely Pop Vocal nomination, possibly another round of AOTY and SOTY nominations.

That’s all for now, folks!

Baby, everyone predicted Trith Hurts to get a nom.

And didn’t you predict Lose You to Love Me to win SOTY? 💀

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

If you are abusive then you don’t deserve to have your work, quality or not, being recognized and awarded❤️

It’s a matter of opinion here. But the professional stance would be: If you make good work, you deserve to be recognized for good work. Period. Taylor Swift could be a murderer for all I care, but all I know is I want her to win her third AOTY Grammy.

“that’s all for now folks!” then you go on to make a patronising follow up post about why abusive people deserve to be recognised for their work. please just leave us alone THEORY: jennylewisfan is either dr luke or donald trump

*sings “Here We Go Again”*

First, the theory was I’m white (even though, as much as it seems to irk a lot of you here, I’m black).

Then, it became that I’m not just white, I’m also a racist.

After, it became white, racist Trump supporter.

NOW, I am Trump himself. What in the world? It baffles me how you can’t see flaws in your “logic” here.

Only stating facts, babe. With this logic that seems popular here, are you all for revoking R. Kelly’s Grammys all because of the shit show he’s in right now? Doesn’t The Pianist remain an example of what Oscar-winning directing should look like? I’m calling it out. It is simply UNPROFESSIONAL and needs to stop in forums where we’re supposed judge music objectively.

Legally, might I add, Tyson Trax didn’t do anything. I repeat, legally. He legit won the court case.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t believe Kesha. I do, especially given the fact that the same year the allegations rose up, she had a #1 hit, so, I don’t see a motive whatsoever for her. But I, as is the vast majority of the country that do believe her, am doing so at a risk. I cannot vouch on solid grounds, with evidence, that her accusations are true. I am only trusting her word. But on legal terms, given the verdict, Kesha was a clout-hungry liar who defamed Dr, Luke. Why in the solid hell should someone then be blacklisted for unproven allegations?

Baby, everyone predicted Trith Hurts to get a nom. And didn’t you predict Lose You to Love Me to win SOTY?

Not in the Pop field, not all of you. I’ll acknowledge a select few here were actually smart enough. It wasn’t until submissions came out that everyone, obviously, hopped on the “TH is pop and not Rap/Sung” train.

And yes, I predicted not necessarily Selena but JULIA MICHAELS to make an SOTY appearance, only that I harped on the wrong song. Look at my previous posts, you will see things like me CONSTANTLY highlighting the names Finneas and JULIA MICHAELS as justification for my choice. Haza! BOTH are nominated in SOTY this year.

I also predicted Christine and the Queens to be in Pop Solo. Not all my predictions have been sharp. I only highlighted the few I received intense heat for that turned out to be actualities..svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Early 2021 predictions:

1. I will have a “Blinding Lights”-style prediction this year.

2. Nearly all of Gold Derby will disagree.

3. They will expand their conspiracy theories of me. It’s currently Donald Trump himself, right now.

4. I will return on nominations day, as I did last time, to laugh HYSTERICALLY at those who doubted me.

Look, you gotta admit, it was almost supernatural how I foresaw the entirety of After Hours being (rightfully) shut out of this year’s Grammys. I mean, the predictions for this thing were SO HIGH that even Gold Derby itself had it as its most likely to win SOTY and ROTY and even AOTY. But, of course, I just knew the song and parent album were too pathetic for the Grammys.

I know that, for reasons genuinely unknown to me, I may have opinions a lot of you don’t agree (and often state facts some people choose to deny (see section “Blinding Lights,” for example)). I’ve seen that. I’m not a troll nor do I do these things just to bug people off. I only repeatedly say them to try to really dissect the root of the contrary logic and probably see things your way. Honest to God, sometimes, I wish I saw things the way you all did. I wish I could be angry at a Tyson Trax nomination, but I simply just can’t. In fact, it’s the contrary feeling for me. It amped up my respect for the Recording Academy hundred fold.

I’ll avoid “trolling” you guys as much as I can. But there are days where I just feel a strong urge to say something. Today was one of those days. What actually brought me back here was an interview Fiona Apple did late last year where she calling Tyson Trax’s nomination “bullshit.” I felt it was rather distasteful, childish, shameful and downright unprofessional of her to react that way.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.