Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 931 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Usher
PSALMS🌕
Lemon
  • Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

If you are abusive then you don’t deserve to have your work, quality or not, being recognized and awarded❤️

Oh, and, I forgot to add that this kind of logic doesn’t meet the current Grammy rules. The Recording Academy literally put out their set of rules last year, part of which said something in the light “Nothing other than the recording itself is considered for a Grammy.” So, by Grammy standards, this is actually wrong.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Oh, and, I forgot to add that this kind of logic doesn’t meet the current Grammy rules. The Recording Academy literally put out their set of rules last year, part of which said something in the light “Nothing other than the recording itself is considered for a Grammy.” So, by Grammy standards, this is actually wrong.

so the grammys have no morals and ethics? ok nothing new.

giving accolades to abusers and criminals = dismissing victims of sexual assault and contributing in the glorification and normalisation of abuse and abusers.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

so the grammys have no morals and ethics? ok nothing new. giving accolades to abusers and criminals = dismissing victims of sexual assault and contributing in the glorification and normalisation of abuse and abusers.

Nope. Hard disagree.

Like I said, the Grammys reward excellence in music and not good behavior.

Bad behavior faces defamation, court trials and imprisonment (if it gets to all that). Regardless of the fact Trax won his case, the accusations are a huge stain on his image. So, “abusers” do on occasion get their due. Still, that does not mean that when he does something noteworthy, he should be recognized as appropriate.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Nope. Hard disagree.

Like I said, the Grammys reward excellence in music and not good behavior.

Bad behavior faces defamation, court trials and imprisonment (if it gets to all that). Regardless of the fact Trax won his case, the accusations are a huge stain on his image. So, “abusers” do on occasion get their due. Still, that does not mean that when he does something noteworthy, he should be recognized as appropriate.

They don’t reward anyone’s behaviour but it’s unethical to give a platform to alleged abusers.

I don’t agree with separating someone’s actions from their professional front because abuse and sexual assault are not and should not be treated like a mere difference in opinion. It’s a crime. Such people shouldn’t even be allowed in the society let alone be garlanded with honours no matter what work they’re doing.

This is really off the tangent of this forum but since when are courts the end all when it comes to justice and esp US courts lmao? Big joke. Dr. Luke is a twisted little fucker who assaulted Kesha for over a decade and did his best to completely sabotage her. We believe women here and rewarding Luke or even nominating someone like him is perhaps one of the most shameful and disgraceful things grammys have ever done. Even more when you think about how they invited Kesha to perform a little over two years ago. They clearly don’t give a fuck about ethics, moral or victims.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

BTW, future SOTY/ROTY nominee Good Days is predicted to go top 10 in 2 weeks. And that’s before it impacts radio. A win for everyone who likes good music!

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

They don’t reward anyone’s behaviour but it’s unethical to give a platform to alleged abusers. I don’t agree with separating someone’s actions from their professional front because abuse and sexual assault are not and should not be treated like a mere difference in opinion. It’s a crime. Such people shouldn’t even be allowed in the society let alone be garlanded with honours no matter what work they’re doing. This is really off the tangent of this forum but since when are courts the end all when it comes to justice and esp US courts lmao? Big joke. Dr. Luke is a twisted little fucker who assaulted Kesha for over a decade and did his best to completely sabotage her. We believe women here and rewarding Luke or even nominating someone like him is perhaps one of the most shameful and disgraceful things grammys have ever done. Even more when you think about how they invited Kesha to perform a little over two years ago. They clearly don’t give a fuck about ethics, moral or victims.

As they actually shouldn’t. Again, they reward excellence in music. Trax’s shit show of a past doesn’t change the fact he did well on “Say So.” Let his skill be recognized.

What’s actually “unethical” about the Grammys, even though it’s glorified bathroom talk, are things like actually entertaining campaigns and academy members not listening to all work in consideration before casting a vote.

Such people shouldn’t even be allowed in the society.” Yes, agreed. But on what evidence? Are the mere words of an artist now enough to land someone behind bars? Words accompanied with no tangible evidence? Again, a years-long court case was held for this, and towards the end, I just knew what the sad outcome would be. It’s simply unfortunate and not enough reason to land him behind bars. This isn’t like Weinstein who (thank God) had evidence against him.

We believe women here” Um, I used to be on this train even long before Kesha. However, it has occurred to me, especially of recent, that there are a bunch of shameless lying cows in the world today, some of whom I know on a personal level. While Kesha, I believe, does not by any means fall into this category, we shouldn’t deny the existence of demented FOOLS and downright cruel souls set out to ruin the lives of other people with abuse allegations. I’d rather have a criminal roam free with the potential of repentance (and a restraining order from their victim, of course) than convict someone of a crime they didn’t commit.

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

Future Nostalgia B-Sides are on the way…

https://twitter.com/dualipa/status/1350899562286727168?s=21

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

BTW, future SOTY/ROTY nominee Good Days is predicted to go top 10 in 2 weeks. And that’s before it impacts radio. A win for everyone who likes good music!

right! The fact that SZA & (musical genius) Jacob Collier would win is cool

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

I’m praying dua puts love is religion on b-sides, it was captivating enough on the disastrous remix album that I sought out the original (whatever was leaked anyway) and kept in my playlist since

Profile picture
    Usher
    Topics:

“Good Days” + predicted to go top 10 = BARF!

Honey, that song is NOT good.

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

Two stray thoughts:

1) I’m fairly certain Adele and Beyoncé will both be releasing new solo projects during this Grammy cycle so I imagine the conversation (and nominations + eventual wins) will centre pretty heavily around them. Kendrick is also circling which means the frontrunners are already near-locked. Keep an eye on Rihanna too.

2) evermore’s nominations will depend heavily on folklore’s reception this year. I’d say a Pop Vocal nom is close to a lock (Swift will likely be active with re-recording business during voting), but nothing beyond that. evermore is generally being viewed as an extension of folklore, which will hurt it. Also, she’s not touching the general field again for a while if she wins AOTY in March.

Profile picture
    TaylorStan11
    Topics:

Madison Beer just announced her debut album Life Support is coming 2/26.

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

Madison Beer just announced her debut album Life Support is coming 2/26.

who? I feel old

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

who? I feel old

rising star, somewhat similar / inspired by ariana (who isn’t these days though), but everytime she takes one step forward she’s pushed two steps back. she’ll be a non factor unless she has a huge breakthrough song and even then i’m not sure how seriously she would be taken in comparison to somebody like olivia rodrigo

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

who? I feel old

my knowledge of her consists of allegedly staging for photos at a BLM protest and saying virtually nothing guest-judging on an episode of rupaul’s drag race

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 931 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.