Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 869 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Agee
ELIAS✨
daniel
  • Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Get real! Cardi B did NOT make a mistake by not submitting “WAP” last year. It will easily get in Record of the Year, Best Rap Performance, and Best Rap Song in 2022.

Just wondering what your reasoning for this is? There are a considerable number of rap artists releasing this year, and if their hits are big, they might overtake WAP in the GF. I agree with you on the genre nominations however, unless this new single is bigger the WAP, it’s getting those noms.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Dang wish I had seen those posts earlier had a whole debate with someone who won;t listen to the band anymore and I was like wtf. Long story short: he ended up saying he will stick to “good clean shows like criminal minds and good morning america” and i pointed out Kirsten Vangsness and gio benitiz were gay and he posts about how much he admires them all the time. Shattered his world. I was in a rare mood last night.

Anyways, what are we thinking about this song: “Shame Shame”. I know The Foo Fighters just recently released it but maybe it can sneak into song of the year? It’s on a lot here in ny for some reason and people seem to love it

Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

For the Foo Fighters’ “Shame Shame”, I think they could get into Rock Performance/Rock Song at least. Don’t know about Song of the Year as in recent years, the Academy hasn’t been too friendly to Rock songs in the general field unless it is a crossover hit.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

All of this over the racist redneck dude with the mullet and trash bro-country music? Um, okay.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Let me keep real with y’all: I like 7 Summers by Morgan Wallen. I like the guitars.

But in all honesty, I can live without hearing it. It’s not like how SOPHIE died, I can’t live without their music. Please, it’s not hard to not like music .

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

not Morgan Wallen saying the N-word to allow Chris Stapleton to sweep the country awards!!!! A win for country!

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Morgan Wallen was already shown as being a POS for breaking covid protocols and risking the lives of the “SNL” cast and crew. Saying the N-word is entirely on brand and expected. Throw that racist trash out and never look back!

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Gasoline – HAIM and Taylor Swift RECORD OF THE YEAR!

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

It’s not like Morgan ever stood a chance against Chris Stapleton or Kacey Musgraves’ album which should come out this year, but now he’s never ever getting any nominations.

Or at least if he gets one (and it’s going to be exactly one), that will be talked about.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  HAIM & Taylor Swift are NOT happening in Record of the Year.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Get real! HAIM & Taylor Swift are NOT happening in Record of the Year.

Really? I could never have guessed

Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Last thought on this Holly poster, I think this Holly poster is a troll. Is there anyway the Goldderby moderators can ban racist, sexist and homophobic trolls on here?

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

morgan wallen literally ended his career himself.

as always, chris stapleton will remain my main country pick for AOTY.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

not Morgan Wallen saying the N-word to allow Chris Stapleton to sweep the country awards!!!! A win for country!

Morgan never had a chance against Chris Stapleton either way.

The Grammys don’t like bro-country (Luke Bryan never has been nominated)
    He could have scored a couple of nominations like Sam Hunt did in 2015 and 2017 but after his controversy he’s obviously done.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I think Cardi made a grave mistake by not submitting WAP last year. It was a huge cultural moment, it would’ve easily gotten in ROTY. A 2020 song getting awarded in 2022 will just feel weird and voters will go for newer releases. I genuinely don’t understand why she didn’t submit and I don’t think it’s likely for WAP to get nominated next year now. Let’s hope her next single and album smashes as hard as IOP to get in GF. It’s all boiling down to her upcoming single.

More than likely she didn’t submit because she didn’t want the narrative being Megan focused. For all intents and purposes 2020 was Megan’s “year”. Its MEGAN who released two projects this year, who  had all the hype, press, etc.

I bet Cardi is hoping that this year will be HER “turn”. Dropping a highly anticipated sophomore project, hopefully another hit single, etc. So the narrative is hers

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 869 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.