Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 869 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Agee
ELIAS✨
daniel
  • Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

ANYONE (song) FOR POP SOLO AND RECORD AND SOLO!!!

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Also:

**ADELE**

**Bruno Mars**

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

if ariana got in pop solo for dangerous woman, she’s getting in for positions. that was a competitive year too

Except positions got lukewarm reception unlike Dangerous Women. This year will be even tougher with Adele, Ed Sheeran, Billie, Bruno (assuming it’s pop), Lorde, Lana releasing their albums.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Except positions got lukewarm reception unlike Dangerous Women. This year will be even tougher with Adele, Ed Sheeran, Billie, Bruno (assuming it’s pop), Lorde, Lana releasing their albums.

If positions keeps the momentum it currently has it is extremely easily getting nominated in BPSP. And after Changes 3 nominations we should know that Pop voters don’t care at all about a song’s reception.

Btw, I highly doubt Lana and Lorde will be factors in pop if commercial success is not on their side.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

If positions keeps the momentum it currently has it is extremely easily getting nominated in BPSP. And after Changes 3 nominations we should know that Pop voters don’t care at all about a song’s reception. Btw, I highly doubt Lana and Lorde will be factors in pop if commercial success is not on their side.

Blinding Lights says hi

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I actually really like what Justin has been releasing lately. Holy, Lonely and Anyone are pretty good solid songs. Personally I think it’s his best work since Purpose.

And I don’t think Positions would be filler nominee at all. The song and the album is doing exceptionally well on the charts. Positions is a good song. The fact that it’s doing very well without much promotion is very impressive. I would not be surprised if Ariana had another #1 hit this year. I’m already starting to see trends with tracks like Just Like Magic being used on TikTok. It looks to me like Ariana is about to have another great year.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Btw, I highly doubt Lana and Lorde will be factors in pop if commercial success is not on their side.

Ya’ll think Lorde is still planning to make a commercial comeback of some sorts? It would be crazy if she trys the Ellish sound!

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

And I don’t think Positions would be filler nominee at all. The song and the album is doing exceptionally well on the charts. Positions is a good song. The fact that it’s doing very well without much promotion is very impressive. I would not be surprised if Ariana had another #1 hit this year. I’m already starting to see trends with tracks like Just Like Magic being used on TikTok. It looks to me like Ariana is about to have another great year.

I can see Ariana submitting in R&B or her album being botched in Pop ala Weeknd which then make way for different people getting in. Especially in a competitive line up (Adele, Taylor, Ed, etc.)

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  The R&B panel will NOT allow Positions to compete in R&B.  That garbage will be in Pop.

Profile picture
    João Pedro Calaça
    Topics:

Justin’s Anyone is a lock for Pop Solo. Good song! It Destroys the entire Changes Era.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Keep dreaming! The R&B panel will NOT allow Positions to compete in R&B. That garbage will be in Pop.

That’s the point. Lol. That’s why it’s getting botched. Then Pop would say “it’s too R&B” just like Afterhours = missing or no noms.

Considering Ariana couldn’t get a PVSP / PVA / PDGP + GF win and going Grammyless after a Thank U Next era, it’s actually not far fetched for her to try submitting to R&B.

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

lorde is literally sooo underrated (especially in a commerical way). she’s one of the best female singer/songwriter out there especially since the masterpiece melodrama. It’s kind of sad she doesn’t get the pop support because I think she‘d deserve it so much.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Blinding Lights says hi

Ariana has a way better history in pop than the Weeknd? She has 10 nominations, he has 1.

Pop voters like Ariana. Positions is a big hit. It’s getting nominated.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 869 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.