Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 869 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
ELIAS✨
daniel
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Ariana releasing a deluxe ver. of her album next week, bringing her total tracks to 19. It seems these extended deluxe re-issues have become a staple with streaming, since they are basically playlists.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Considering how weak this eligibility year has been so far I can totally see Ariana showing up in the GF. Both the album and the 2 singles are extremely huge successes with a lot of longevity so far. I do think we could see her in ROTY and/or AOTY. The 3 Pop nominations are obviously confirmed already.

Also, drivers license seems to me like the kind of song the Grammy’s will eat up. I definitely see it in Pop Solo and at least one between ROTY and SOTY.

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Does anyone think Positions can get in to BMV?

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Does anyone think Positions can get in to BMV?

It has, and I cannot stress this enough, zero chance in BMV

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

With the lack of big releases so for, if nominations were tomorrow I definitely see Ariana in AOTY & ROTY, possibly SOTY for POV, Pop Solo, Pop Group/Duo, and Pop Vocal Album. So, 5-6 noms. She would win Pop Vocal & possibly either Pop Group/Duo or Pop Solo. However, depending on how many big releases come, she might get relegated into the pop field, though she is going to sweep pop field noms.

Profile picture
    Religion
    Topics:

Ariana releasing a deluxe ver. of her album next week, bringing her total tracks to 19. It seems these extended deluxe re-issues have become a staple with streaming, since they are basically playlists.

Deluxe versions were actually way more of a thing in the digital era but it seems to be making a bit of a comeback recently with Dua, Ariana, and Taylor doing them

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

“Positions” + Best Music Video = NOT happening (BARF!)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

This year is shaping up to be very weak already. Last year, by this time we had at least three strong contenders: The Weeknd, Dua Lipa and Post Malone.

Profile picture
    liloozybert
    Topics:

Whew… this thread has been through a lot.

I just hopped on Gold Derby for the first time since the previous nominations came out cause I wanted to see how y’all have been reacting to Drivers License, Good Days, Morgan Wallen, etc.

As expected, it’s messy here, but man, there really is only 2-3 accounts that I feel don’t offer anything to the discussion except annoying drama and wish they could be removed. And that’s not even including that Holly character who I don’t think is a real person; probably just someone trolling with way too much time on their hands.

The reason I stopped coming here is because I haven’t even been thinking about the Grammys; snubbing The Weeknd entirely was unfathomable and I truly think it’s the biggest snub of all time. It just did not make sense and I don’t think I’ll ever care for them like I did for the past few years lol.

Also bless all y’all who are predicting Save Your Tears for a nom; I doubt The Weeknd will have anything to do with the Grammys in the foreseeable future, and maybe even never again. Plus, if they didn’t nominate Blinding Lights, why would they go for Save Your Tears?

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Plus, if they didn’t nominate Blinding Lights, why would they go for Save Your Tears?

Because it’s about the only decent track on that album.

The Weeknd not submitting anymore isn’t a big deal imo. His reactions to his “snub” were just immature. He at some point became music’s Donald Trump. Not a good look. What happened to people just taking their L’s?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Because it’s about the only decent track on that album. The Weeknd not submitting anymore isn’t a big deal imo. His reactions to his “snub” were just immature. He at some point became music’s Donald Trump. Not a good look. What happened to people just taking their L’s?

Comparing a black man to the poster boy for modern white supremacy isn’t a good look no matter what your feelings towards his reaction are.

The Grammys will always hold the most prestige in the music business because there are no effective or serious challengers to a rival show taking it from them. There aren’t any legitimate precursors like in film or TV and it’s clear that the majority of other music awards are heavily manipulated now. The VMAs, BBMAs, AMAs etc have lost the majority of their credibility in recent years, whereas at least the veil of credibility is still intact in other ceremonies for other industries.

We’ll see how the rest of this eligibility period pans out. So far it’s pretty weak, but there are still plenty of projects that could be released in the coming months that could shake things up. They’re going to have to try significantly harder to make people interested though. Unless they get a fantastic lineup of performers this year, the lack of interest will transfer to next year’s show with an already lacklustre eligibility period.

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I hope “My Head and My Heart” gets received the same way Sweet But Psycho and Kings & Queens has. It’s currently rising on the charts and has been getting a lot of airplay recently. In my opinion, It is Ava Max’s best song she has ever done and one of the best pop songs out this year next to Positions and Drivers License. The production is phenomenal and her voice sounds amazing. If this becomes her next big hit, I can absolutely see her getting a BNA nom, and a possible ROTY and Pop Solo nom for the record.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

I think they should push the eligibility period back by 2 months this year. Or at least back to the old September 30 deadline.

People said the same thing last year.

Some artists are delaying releases, mostly because of covid (just like last year) and they are waiting for a sign that touring will come back again. Some will release and some will delay a bit longer, just like last year.

Edit: Having said that, there was never any good reason to move it from September 30 in the first place.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 869 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.