Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 869 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
ELIAS✨
daniel
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

nobody cares, there’s something called impact. you don’t need to hole yourself in charts to know which song is a ww hit and which isn’t and you’re trying too hard to convince people

IDK which I prefer:

“Positions isn’t a hit!”
    “It’s currently the biggest eligible song of the chart year”
    “LOL, you’re trying too hard to convince people it’s a hit”

OR

“Exile is the only acclaimed song nominated in BPDG”
    “Rain On Me and Dynamite are also acclaimed”
    “Fake news! I don’t like those songs so that can’t be true!”

It could very well miss ROTY, there will definitely be 8 songs bigger than it this year. I actually personally think it will miss. However, ruling it out because you don’t believe it’s a hit (despite numbers clearly disagreeing with you) is absolutely ridiculous

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

WAP was a big hit. So was DSN, Blinding Lights, Say so and Mood. These are songs that dominated the charts and everyone knew the lyrics too. Real WW hits. Positions is a moderate hit, most of its points last week were radio honey and we know why that was. Also the fact you delulu stans have to convince people it’s a “big hit” is just weird and funny.

it would have spent the last 2 months in the top 3 if not for christmas songs. that matches or beats the performance of some songs you mentioned there and it’s points have consistently been 200-400

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

you can keep yapping about radio and points until you’re blue in the face. the facts are that positions is the 2nd biggest hit of any song eligible (after WAP which died a lot quicker than positions will) and therefore at the moment is highly likely in pop solo and possible for ROTY even if filler

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Positions is a big hit. There’s no need to deny that. But it doesn’t sound very grammy friendly, we’ll have to wait and see. It’s a lock for BPSP as of now though.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Positions is definitely a hit. Not the same as thank u next or 7 rings but guess what… it doesn’t have to be! I could see Record of the Year if it continues to do well, unless of course she submits 34+35 (really hope not because I think positions is much better) so yeah I think she will get two nominations from that song. Don’t see Positions (album) being nominated in album of the Year but I do in pop vocal

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

I think Ariana gets snubbed across the board except Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Pop Solo Performance. Justin will definitely be nominated in all 3 pop categories again.

I’d much rather have Ariana over Justin. She still is making pretty good music. Not my favorite but much better than anything Justin did last year

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, big hit (delusional) or not, Ariana Grande will NOT win any Grammys for the Positions era.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Except positions got lukewarm reception unlike Dangerous Women. This year will be even tougher with Adele, Ed Sheeran, Billie, Bruno (assuming it’s pop), Lorde, Lana releasing their albums.

The fact that y’all are still making these types of arguments when Changes beat two 80+ MC-scored albums💀💀💀💀 Pop voters will go with Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber before Lana del Rey and Lorde.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

“Positions” might be a hit by definition, but it doesn’t feel like one of those undeniable songs, especially for Ariana’s caliber.

Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

For the smaller categories, what are your predictions for Best Music Film?

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

With Levitating predicted to jump #7 next week, Dua Lipa have good chances at another Record of the Year nomination I think…

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

With Levitating predicted to jump #7 next week, Dua Lipa have good chances at another Record of the Year nomination I think…

i can see it. this track is just as beloved as DSN, all it needs is popularity boost (which seems to be happening)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 869 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.