Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 564 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Xtina
nxddyfs
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

i can see ariana taking the slot that post malone had last year but last year was a very weak year so whilst i’d have her in AOTY for now i’m definitely not expecting her to be there by september

Profile picture
    Vero Mancera
    Topics:

is Up a contender for ROTY?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

With 2 #1’s from her new era so far, Cardi is setting herself up for a potential Album of the Year nod. “Up” might get in ROTY if it sustains longevity.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Up current ROTY line-up contender, less vulgar than WAP, easy to choose in ROTY I think.

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, “WAP” will be Cardi B’s Record of the Year submission.  Duh!

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Would love to see Cardi continue to do well at the Grammy’s. I love Up and wouldn’t mind that picking up some nods (though they’ll probably go with WAP).

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Positions (song and album) is NOT happening in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and/or Song of the Year.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Korbel Clinton
    Topics:

I have a hard time thinking wap could win anything next year. And how would they split submissions in The rap fields for her? Up for rap performance and wap rap song? She should submit wap for both and up for general field

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, “WAP” will most likely be Cardi B’s Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Rap Performance submissions.  Cardi will probably be a double nominee in Best Rap Song for “Up” and “WAP.”

“WAP” is easily winning Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song.  NOT hard to picture.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Honey, “WAP” will most likely be Cardi B’s Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Rap Performance submissions. Cardi will probably be a double nominee in Best Rap Song for “Up” and “WAP.” “WAP” is easily winning Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song. NOT hard to picture.

I feel like WAP will be “old” by the time Grammy voting starts. And if Kendrick, Cole, Nicki, and even Cardi herself release new projects this year those album’s singles will probably dominate the discussion.

Profile picture
    Steezy
    Topics:

It’s possible Megan goes 3/4 again next year at the Grammys. I see WAP taking both rap song and rap performance, and Best Music Video. Might lose ROTY but it’ll be nominated.

6x Grammy Award-winning Megan Thee Staillion

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, nah!  “WAP” will NOT be “old” by the time Grammy voting starts.  All Cardi B has to do is keep herself out there, which she is already doing.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Lord the more I think about WAP not being submitted, the angrier I get. It would have easily won Rap Performance (assuming that Savage would have been sent to Melodic instead) and possibly Rap Song. Cardi also ruined her chances of getting back-to-back ROTY noms. Anyways, where I’m at so far. Only including already released songs and this is alphabetical order.

Record Of the Year

1. Damage-H.E.R
    2. Drivers License-Olivia Rodrigo
    3. Good Days-Sza
    4. Leave the Door Open-Silk Sonic
    5. Therefore I Am-Billie Eilish
    6. Positions-Ariana Grande
    7. WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion*
    8. Levitating (Remix)-Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby

*Up replaces if submitted
    **If Levitating ends up being a Finesse situation then it gets replaced with What’s Next

Song Of the Year

1. A Beautiful Noise-Brandi Carlile & Alicia Keys (thank you to whoever pointed out that this exists a few pages back. I skimmed through the wikipedia page and wow does this scream Song Of the Year nominee)
    2. Damage-H.E.R
    3. Drivers License-Olivia Rodrigo
    4. Good Days-Sza
    5. Lonely-Justin Bieber ft. Benny Blanco
    6. Therefore I Am-Billie Eilish
    7. WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    8. Willow-Taylor Swift

Yes I know WAP is not happening. It’s just fucking impossible to come up with 8 nominees right now

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, “WAP” is NOT happening in Best Music Video.  It was smart of Cardi B NOT to submit “WAP” last year.  She did NOT have to compete with “Savage.”

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.