Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 564 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
nxddyfs
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Hope Adele gets blocked. Would serve her right for clowning us and taking forever.

Btw I’ve also heard rumors of new Sade this year. It’s been over a decade since Soldier of Love:

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, new Sade would be EVERYTHING!

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

you know what i still can’t get over the fact that don’t start now ended up not winning a single one of it’s three nominations

Her team should’ve definitely sent Levitating instead. That song is evidently miles better and would’ve had many more chances of sweeping. I like Don’t Start Now but by the time the Grammy nominations were due I was expecting to see her team enter more powerful tracks from Future Nostalgia, like Hallucinate, Levitating, Break My Heart or even Physical.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Her team should’ve definitely sent Levitating instead. That song is evidently miles better and would’ve had many more chances of sweeping. I like Don’t Start Now but by the time the Grammy nominations were due I was expecting to see her team enter more powerful tracks from Future Nostalgia, like Hallucinate, Levitating, Break My Heart or even Physical.

no… her team definitely made the right decision. anything except DSN would’ve been complete sabotage. only DSN would ever have won and she would’ve have gone 3 noms out of 3 with anything else. and why would she submit levitating that year when she can submit the remix this year ?…

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

when beyonce, kendrick and adele all drop before the deadline and it becomes a race to see which acts out of these three, + billie and cardi make it for AOTY bc we know for a fact they’ll never have 6 mainstream pop artists all nominated. i’d love to see it.

that would be an insane lineup can you imagine lol

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Beyoncé, Kendrick, Adele, Billie, Cardi, Ariana would be wild

I don’t think it’s too unlikely that they all get in (if they ever release🗿). Ariana and Billie and Adele are pop, Kendrick and Cardi from rap and Bey from R&B. It’s not too unreasonable to have them + two relatively unknown people (Arlo Parks maybe).

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Beyoncé, Kendrick, Adele, Billie, Cardi, Ariana would be wild I don’t think it’s too unlikely that they all get in (if they ever release🗿). Ariana and Billie are pop, Kendrick and Cardi from rap and Bey from R&B. It’s not too unreasonable to have them + two relatively unknown people (Arlo Parks maybe).

and all that for Adele to win again lol

but at this point I think if she releases it will be for the 2023 Grammys

Profile picture
    Vero Mancera
    Topics:

Cardi is not a threat at all in the GF

She lacks the cross-genre appeal of someone like Billie

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

As March GF is Olivia Rodrigo vs Silk Sonic. Cardi is frontrunner in Rap Field.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

when beyonce, kendrick and adele all drop before the deadline and it becomes a race to see which acts out of these three, + billie and cardi make it for AOTY bc we know for a fact they’ll never have 6 mainstream pop artists all nominated. i’d love to see it.

This will be so painful if Adele wins again (and probably with the same kind of album). But well, it seems like Bey is never winning AOTY.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, translation: Cardi B is NOT white like Billie Eilish.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Swift winning AOTY 3x would give voters the audacity to vote Adele for AOTY again. I also think voters would snub Arianna and Cardi with Glee. Adele, Bruno, Bey, Kendrick and even Billie are all Grammy grenades. In an ideal world, Adele would wait till fall so we can have:

• AOTY: Beyonce
    • ROTY: Bruno/Andy
    • SOTY: Kendrick/Billie (a collab on Kendrick’s album if Interscope is smart)
    • BNA: Olivia (if she delivers)

The weapon of utter destruction Adele can sweep the following year. Good night guys 🛌

Literally that would be a dream world idea. I have a gut feeling Beyonce is going to release in the summer, especially in such a weak year. Ariana at this point is in AOTY & ROTY, but as a more filler spot, not at the same competitive level she was at in 2020. POV deserves in SOTY.

My Dream would have Beyonce, Kendrick, Silk Sonic, Billie, Ariana, Cardi B all in AOTY. Beyonce vs Kendrick would be tough to choose, especially is both release work at the same level has their previous couple albums (DAMN, To Pimp a Butterfly, Beyonce, Lemonade) – all of which really should have won in the respective years from 2015-2018.

In response to the dance pop bias, as a self proclaimed dance pop fanatic, I have no doubt that if earlier grammy years had 8 slots, more dance pop hits would have gotten in, the Toxic and Bad Romance snubs were unforgivable, they are iconic to this day. Also, learned today Gaga didn’t even submit Born This Way to ROTY-although it was a 6 week #1 hit – my soul died.

Also, if things stay dry, maybe the Tony x Gaga will get into AOTY-they obviously love them, although Gaga is more a pop field darling than a GF, she got 3 dance-pop albums into AOTY, and Tony is a former winner of the category.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:
    • AOTY: Beyonce
    • ROTY: Bruno/Andy
    • SOTY: Kendrick/Billie (a collab on Kendrick’s album if Interscope is smart)
    • BNA: Olivia (if she delivers)

This will be a dream

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Best New Artist contenders:

• Olivia Rodrigo
    • Saweetie
    • Flo Milli
    • 24kGoldn
    • Arlo Parks
    • Tate McRae
    • The Kid KAROI
    • Conan Gray

Other contenders: Ava Max, Gabby Barrett, Ashe, Summer Walker, Orville Peck, Rina Sawayama, King Princess, YoungBoy Never Broke Again, Dominic Fike, Dermot Kennedy, Moses Sumney, Joji, Masked Wolf

Morgan Wallen would be %100 nominated if there wasn’t a controversy. He has 0 chance now.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.