Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 565 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Xtina
nxddyfs
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Ms. Trunchbull
    Topics:

Honey, nah! “WAP” will NOT be “old” by the time Grammy voting starts. All Cardi B has to do is keep herself out there, which she is already doing.

Not old, but dead and buried.

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

Who the hell will be nominated for Alternative categories next year? I feel like we only know:

• St.Vincent – Daddy’s Home
    • FKA Twigs – TBA
    • ?
    • ?
    • ?

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Who the hell will be nominated for Alternative categories next year? I feel like we only know:

• St.Vincent – Daddy’s Home
    • FKA Twigs – TBA

Daddy’s Home is almost certainly going to be nominated, but I think FKA twigs is more likely to get nods in the R&B / Progressive R&B fields.

Fleet Foxes – Shore is one of my guesses for Alt Album next year, and maybe also Sufjan Stevens’ The Ascension (if it gets any nominations at all and it’s not for Dance/Electronic album).

FYC | Best music this season:

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Would Lana submit Chemtrails to Alt, or is that just a stupid question?

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Would Lana submit Chemtrails to Alt, or is that just a stupid question?

honestly I don’t know. It’s very Americana-ish and alt-rocky . It just ends up seeing where she will submit.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

The comittee will move Chemtrails no matter what. They shouldn’t move though. There’s also Rock Candy Sweet coming.

It’s also pretty racist for Grammys if they move FKA Twigs to R&B categories. Her sound is mostly art-pop and avant-garde. She should be in alternative.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Chemtrails is americana,country and folk influenced album. But it probably will be moved to pop

Profile picture
    asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

yall counting out selena gomez? her vocal performances this year are critically acclaimed. more praised than evermore and plastic hearts combined. I think she might sweep.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Y’all should The Apple Music Awards be seen as kind of precursor for the Grammys?

Taylor won Songwriter of the Year but didn’t win SOTY, Roddy and DaBaby also won and both went empty-handed at the Grammys. The Grammys have no precursors and will never have one.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

yall counting out selena gomez? .

Yes. Yes we are.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Could Silk Sonic be blocked in AOTY? I feel like the panel may pull a “The Weeknd” again and block them from the GF to prevent a sweep, but in this case I am sure they will get R&B nominations.

As for Lana, COTCC’s highest chance of a nomination is AOTY because of the cross-genre appeal. She may get similar nominations as NFR! (AOTY and SOTY) but i think we may be able to see the record in Best Engineered Album – Non-Classical. Just a thought…

Profile picture
    x my
    Topics:

Adele’s gonna need to have her folklore moment with A4, a new sound and lots of acclaim. I don’t think she could win with just another great Adele album, it has to be a transformation.

Adele doesn’t need a folklore she just needs to sell a lot and she will. Adele was already a big grammy darling when her album didn’t even make a splash in the US, yet 19 was nominated for 5 grammys including SOTY and ROTY and bna, she is sweeping everything for her album will be the best seller of the decade.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 565 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.