Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 564 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Agee
nxddyfs
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Adele + Flopping = NOT happening

Profile picture
    plaidshirtvibes
    Topics:

The last time Adele released, it was 2015 and Spotify wasn’t that dominant yet. Trends have changed too. People mostly listen to Hip-Hop, R&B and also songs with smooth production. I’m sure her album will do great with physical sales and all that, but she might not do that great on streaming.

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

21 and 25 have + 3B on Spotify. The only female “veteran” with 2 albums above the brand (the others are Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish and Dua Lipa). She will do well. And Raphael Saadiq (R&B) is the album’s main producer for a reason (https://twitter.com/keyshiacole/status/1322985143628259328?s=21).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

I kinda agree with what the poster above is saying about streaming. Adele has monstrous physical sales but it’s been a good five years since she’s released anything and the music landscape has drastically changed. It’s the streaming era, dominated with tiktok music and pop/rnb and younger, new artists. Adele’s appeal has always been how much her sound is loved by older ppl too, who actually go out and buy her stuff. It’ll be interesting to see how well she does on streaming. I have no doubt she’s gonna sell like hot cakes but streaming is another domain entirely. Also.. her streams in these five years have been less than satisfactory and the “she hasn’t released in years” excuse doesn’t entirely work because you have Rihanna right there, amassing massive streams daily despite not having music out for nearly the same time as Adele.

Ya’ll are ’bout to be surprised.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Lol, Adele releases and the General Field and Pop field is hers. All she has to do is drop an album as good as her last two. It’ll be massive, contrary to what you delusional posters are trying to imply. And she will sweep, easily. All this Billie, Ariana, Olivia, Silk Sonic talk is over if she releases within this eligibility period. It’ll be just like when she swept both the pop field and general field in 2016 and 2012.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Am I missing something? Why are we talking about Adele when she’s given no indication that she’s dropping?

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Billie won’t win aoty again this close to her first one specially against Adele

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Mickey Guyton was just announced as co-host of the ACM Awards and her label is pushing Black Like Me to radio.

If she finally allowed to get her debut out she could be a threat for the general field (I believe she’s still eligible for BNA too).

She was nominated this year so she’s not eligible.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Adele is not flopping at all. She is a physical sales juggernaut, and I am sure she will perform well with streaming.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

The Country committee didn’t let Maren get a nomination and win Best Country Duo/Group Performance with The Highwomen. So I doubt that her Taylor duet will get a nomination considering that she only provides backing vocals in it.

Taylor could still get a nomination, though, if she releases a proper duet that is guaranteed to lose. But I do believe that she’s going to finally get another Best Country Song nomination this year. Although the song is yet to be determined.

• Pop Vocal Album
    • Country Song
    • maybe SOTY too, without a BPSP nomination

that’s it

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

She was nominated this year so she’s not eligible.

I don’t know what the rule for BNA is but Meghan Trainor won in 2016 after getting nominated (in the GF) in 2015, so I guess an artist can be submitted multiple times (?)

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

The BNA rules were changed after the backlash of Lady Gaga not being eligible in 2010. If you are nominated for a single the year before, BNA is still possible as long as you have more work eligible.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.