Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 556 through 564 (of 564 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Xtina
nxddyfs
ELIAS✨
  • Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

Billie won’t win aoty again this close to her first one specially against Adele

I thought so too, but then they gave Billie ROTY (which is their biggest award, in their own words) for a 2nd consecutive time for a song that wasn’t even that big commercially or dominant culturally.

I think she can win AOTY again as long as 1. Adele doesn’t release and 2. the album is well received.

Profile picture
    x my
    Topics:

What if Adele’s music flops for the first time, though? 21 and 25 were gigantic mostly due to having the monstrous lead single hits Rolling In The Deep and Hello, respectively. But it’s not like Adele will not have to repeat that to win big again at the Grammys

Adele will lose sales in relation to the 30/20 million of the 21 and 25, but it will still be the biggest album of the decade.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Billie won ROTY after sweeping the GF. The Grammys love Billie Eilish and her brother.

Profile picture
    x my
    Topics:

The last time Adele released, it was 2015 and Spotify wasn’t that dominant yet. Trends have changed too. People mostly listen to Hip-Hop, R&B and also songs with smooth production. I’m sure her album will do great with physical sales and all that, but she might not do that great on streaming.

hello broke all stream records in his time. Adele released the biggest album in points in the history of the billboard with romantic ballads in the midst of dance pop, don’t worry about the trends Adele will break them all

Profile picture
    x my
    Topics:

I kinda agree with what the poster above is saying about streaming. Adele has monstrous physical sales but it’s been a good five years since she’s released anything and the music landscape has drastically changed. It’s the streaming era, dominated with tiktok music and pop/rnb and younger, new artists. Adele’s appeal has always been how much her sound is loved by older ppl too, who actually go out and buy her stuff. It’ll be interesting to see how well she does on streaming. I have no doubt she’s gonna sell like hot cakes but streaming is another domain entirely. Also.. her streams in these five years have been less than satisfactory and the “she hasn’t released in years” excuse doesn’t entirely work because you have Rihanna right there, amassing massive streams daily despite not having music out for nearly the same time as Adele.

Rihanna has eight albums and a thousand singles for each of them, adele has three albums and ten singles worked in addition to the radios

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

The BNA rules were changed after the backlash of Lady Gaga not being eligible in 2010. If you are nominated for a single the year before, BNA is still possible as long as you have more work eligible.

I don’t know what the rule for BNA is but Meghan Trainor won in 2016 after getting nominated (in the GF) in 2015, so I guess an artist can be submitted multiple times (?)

They changed the rules again after Meghan Trainor. Mickey is not eligible because she got a Grammy nomination

That’s why Cardi wasn’t eligible for Best New Artist, because she was nominated the year before for Bodak Yellow.

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Get real!  Taylor Swift and Maren Morris are NOT happening.  Stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

LOL i dont even know why are we talking about Adele releasing when she hasn’t even hinted a comeback to music or single release. Billie is rumored to start her new era on April tho.

Viewing 9 posts - 556 through 564 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.