Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 572 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Cardi B
nxddyfs
ELIAS🍂
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Good Days is definitely getting nominated…

Just like “Blinding Lights” was definitely getting nominated AND winning everything. There are no locks, especially in the R&B field, but it’s obvious y’all have learned nothing.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Lol y’all need to stop using Blinding Lights as a way to doubt everyone. It was clearly a one time thing, there’s literally no example whatsoever of a complete snub that big in the past 25 years.

For the most part the Grammys are somewhat predictable with big hits, SZA is a 9x nominee and Good Days is a huge song. If we apply your logic to every song then what exactly is the fucking point of making predictions? This year is weak enough, SZA is getting a nomination somewhere whether that is in the GF or not.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Lol y’all need to stop using Blinding Lights as a way to doubt everyone. It was clearly a one time thing, there’s literally no example whatsoever of a complete snub that big in the past 25 years.

For the most part the Grammys are somewhat predictable with big hits, SZA is a 9x nominee and Good Days is a huge song. If we apply your logic to every song then what exactly is the fucking point of making predictions? This year is weak enough, SZA is getting a nomination somewhere whether that is in the GF or not.

There are several examples of something we all thought was a shoo-in not being nominated. “Blinding Lights” is just a recent example.

It doesn’t matter if SZA is a 9x nominee. If the voters or panelists are feeling other songs, they will vote snub “Good Days” or any song for that matter, and they don’t need to explain why they did it either.

Yes, “Good Days” is an early frontrunner, but there is still plenty of time and music to be released to say that it’s “definitely getting nominated,” especially in the R&B field where anything goes.

And it’s funny that you’re saying this year is “weak enough,” yet when a poster says this about any other year, your stance is “y’all say this every year.” But okay. Still, my point stands.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

There are several examples of something we all thought was a shoo-in not being nominated. “Blinding Lights” is just a recent example.

It doesn’t matter if SZA is a 9x nominee. If the voters or panelists are feeling other songs, they will vote snub “Good Days” or any song for that matter, and they don’t need to explain why they did it either.

Yes, “Good Days” is an early frontrunner, but there is still plenty of time and music to be released to say that it’s “definitely getting nominated,” especially in the R&B field where anything goes.

And it’s funny that you’re saying this year is “weak enough,” yet when a poster says this about any other year, your stance is “y’all say this every year.” But okay. Still, my point stands.

Because it’s genuienly a weak year? There’s literally like four major albums released and only 5 months left. Obviously COVID halted a lot of releases.

And sure, if panelist don’t feel any song they can snub, but at this point y’all are so scared of Blinding Lights 2.0 that it’s funny. As of February 27th 2020 Good Days is pretty much a frontrunner for a nom everywhere. Can it get snubbed? Sure, literally everything can on a technical level, but I don’t see why or how. At least with The Weeknd there’s a couple of explanations lmao.

Also there isn’t one example of a snub as widely predicted as Blinding Lights getting 0 noms, at least recently. Even with songs like Shape of You it was clearly a panel snub.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Nobody’s scared of a “Blinding Lights 2.0,” since “Good Days” is not even 1/3 of what “Blinding Lights” is or was…

I was talking mainly about assuming “Good Days” was a lock to win R&B until the Bruno/Anderson.Paak announcement was made (and we haven’t even heard the music yet!). It’s not necessarily a lock to be nominated in the R&B field. See “Talk,” “Formation,” etc.

And you seem stuck on the “Blinding Lights” anomaly. There have been PLENTY of songs and albums that were deemed frontrunners in their respective fields and got snubbed. This happens every year. “Blinding Lights” is just the extreme example. Stop missing the point.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

There are no “locks”, this is not the Oscars or Emmys. This is the Grammys, where the voting block thinks the worst song of the year should be up for Best Pop Solo Performance ….

Good Days looks like it will get nominated, but there are no such thing as a lock with the Grammys.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Nobody’s scared of a “Blinding Lights 2.0,” since “Good Days” is not even 1/3 of what “Blinding Lights” is or was…

I was talking mainly about assuming “Good Days” was a lock to win R&B until the Bruno/Anderson.Paak announcement was made (and we haven’t even heard the music yet!).

And you seem stuck on the “Blinding Lights” anomaly. There have been PLENTY of songs and albums that were deemed frontrunners in their respective fields and got snubbed. This happens every year. “Blinding Lights” is just the extreme example. Stop missing the point.

Again, it’s not bad to say “Good Days is the frontrunner to win R&B Song”. It is. If it gets snubbed then so what, but right now it clearly is. Y’all need to back off when people predict wins just because snubd happen 💀

And you were literally the one who brought up Blinding Lights lol

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

There are no “locks”, this is not the Oscars or Emmys. This is the Grammys, where the voting block thinks the worst song of the year should be up for Best Pop Solo Performance ….

Good Days looks like it will get nominated, but there are no such thing as a lock with the Grammys.

Good thing no one said that? Lol.

Also I highly disagree. Before this year everyone used the term lock and it mostly was justified.

Billie Eilish was a lock for BNA. Thank U Next was locked for a PVA nomination. Lizzo was locked for Urban Contemporary. Locks exist.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

I think SZA can squeeze out a win. Anderson and Bruno will probably submit to R&B Album since both won in 2018 & 2020 respectively. SZA (if her album is quality) and Jazmine Sullivan could win an award this year.

Its also possible that Good Days goes to pop too since it’s a mainstream hit (idk how).

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Again, it’s not bad to say “Good Days is the frontrunner to win R&B Song”. It is. If it gets snubbed then so what, but right now it clearly is. Y’all need to back off when people predict wins just because snubd happen 💀

And you were literally the one who brought up Blinding Lights lol

I brought up “Blinding Lights” to make a point that an even smaller hit can be snubbed in its respective field. You tried to make it seem like “Good Days” was a 2.0 version, when that wasn’t really the intent of my example.

And no, I am not “backing off.” I’m stating my opinion like the rest.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I do wonder where SZA is submitting. I could see Good Days ending up in Pop and Hit Different in R&B.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Good thing no one said that? Lol. Also I highly disagree. Before this year everyone used the term lock and it mostly was justified. Billie Eilish was a lock for BNA. Thank U Next was locked for a PVA nomination. Lizzo was locked for Urban Contemporary. Locks exist.

A lock means they are 100% getting in no question no question no question. However in voting academy that is very unpredictable, there are no such thing as locks or nominations that cannot occur. Honestly if any of those artists you mentioned weren’t nominated or lost their respective albums/songs, we wouldn’t bat an eye and probably say it’s the Grammys being the Grammys. Therefore, there are such thing as frontrunners for winning the award as the people you mentioned.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Girl Billie and Lizzo were locks lol. There was absolutely no way they were losing and I know y’all had your superbets on.

What’s funny is that I didn’t even use the word lock in my original post.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Girl Billie and Lizzo were locks lol. There was absolutely no way they were losing and I know y’all had your superbets on. What’s funny is that I didn’t even use the word lock in my original post.

we can agree to disagree, but no one is a lock with the Grammys. I never named you, I’m just saying frontrunner and “definitely being nominated” is too different things.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I do wonder where SZA is submitting. I could see Good Days ending up in Pop and Hit Different in R&B.

Good Days – R&B Song. Hit Different R&B Performance (if they even submit it).

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.