Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 681 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Gucci
Miss Americana

• asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

Demi Lovato’s new album is vocally demanding and narratively cohesive. Met Him Last Night is going to be a hit. Her new music video might also get a nod because it actually has a very emotional storyline. Don’t underestimate this girl.

Matt2019
    Topics:

Silk Sonic sweeps the 3 main field categories, Olivia Rodrigo wins BNA. I see Megan, Billie, Cardi, Ariana, Taylor, SZA, Lana, H.E.R., Bad Bunny, Lil Nas X, St. Vincent, and Foo Fighters getting noms in the main categories along with the first 2 acts that I see sweeping the general field. Drivers License has a chance with SOTY but I see Leave The Door Open as one of the strongest ROTY contenders in a very long time. Bruno is a Grammys favorite, him not at least getting one general field win would be unexpected. I think Taylor and Billie could be victims of the BRP and get shut out due to their good performance last year. But if the musical climate stays bare I expect evermore (album) and therefore I am (song) to get in their respective main award noms with both of them having small chances of winning. Taylor getting AOTY for a 2nd year in a row and Billie getting ROTY for a 3rd year in a row would be a shock. But if the conditions this year are the same and there’s no real country/folk album to vote for, who knows. Billie’s ROTY win still baffles me though. Whereas Taylor’s AOTY made somewhat sense.

Nope, I don’t think it’s happening at all. So far, I’m feeling a potential Adele or Billie Eilish sweep.

Maybe next year’s Grammy winners will be similar to the 63rd Grammys where one artist won one award each.

hillslight
    Topics:

I think what happened this year is only a one-time thing. There were no Grammy favorites nominated this year, while next year there’s already Silk Sonic and rumors about Billie.

Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Demi Lovato’s new album is vocally demanding and narratively cohesive. Met Him Last Night is going to be a hit. Her new music video might also get a nod because it actually has a very emotional storyline. Don’t underestimate this girl.

Top 20 album debut secured 😍

Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

CB2 for AOTY is something that I really want to see.

Chris Brown 2?

Justin Galaxy
    Topics:

Who else saw his Instagram post requesting followers to buy multiple times and stream on a repeat loop to get him a No1? It spoils the whole narrative thing and projects him as too thirsty. I wish he was just having fun with the music…damn!

You do realize he was joking, right? He was mocking Justin Bieber doing the same thing. And he was already predicted to go number one before he posted that. Get a sense of humor.

storminthedark
    Topics:

I think what happened this year is only a one-time thing. There were no Grammy favorites nominated this year, while next year there’s already Silk Sonic and rumors about Billie.

I agree, I don’t think this year was a precursor for how they’ll award artists moving forward, it was a strange year in almost every way. I don’t think there’s much from this year that we can apply for this Grammy cycle other than Billie and HER are clearly well loved by voters and they are done with rewarding veterans in the GF.

Billie’s album is apparently coming in July with a single later this month.

methaddiction
    Topics:

Get Real: Lil Nas X is SWEEPING next year

rue
    Topics:

Chris Brown 2?

Cardi B

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Donnna
    Topics:

I have a feeling brp is gonna block ppl to avoid sweeps. Like Billie will get blocked in some main category , Bruno too, Adele if she releases.The ones who haven’t swept before will probably get all 3 main noms like : Cardi B

Ziggiy
    Topics:

I feel like Lil Nas could win ROTY for Montero, provided this year continues to be weak. The song is a bop and the controversy has already helped rather than hurt him. I guarantee that it’ll be a huge success and top the Billboard 100. But the most important advantage he has is that he’s a black gay man who made a song about being proud of being a gay man, which is a hard narrative to beat. Of course, it’s still an extremely explicit song by a black gay rapper that will lose support from the conservative branch of the recording academy, but This Is America was also a rap song by a black man about systematic racism that should have turned off conservative voters and still won, so we’ll see what happens.

Your underestimating that Donald Glover is now pretty much beloved in the industry and that This Is America was his crowning “moment” to be recognized in a big way. If he had put out an album during that eligibility period it would have been a strong contender for AOTY.

Lil Nas X is popular but not that beloved to date. Plus the voting academy ALWAYS grades the popularity of black artists on some sort of racist curve where Old Town Road’s record breaking phenomena apparently doesn’t register with the “popular vote” over a white woman.

rue
    Topics:

deja vu is kinda excellent hold on…

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

RichardAniston
    Topics:

If Deja Vu becomes a hit she pretty much is a lock for BNA.

almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Her lead single will barely chart (or more accurately not chart at all) and it’ll be genuinely shocking if the album manages to do 50k. People aren’t underestimating her, they’re using common sense to realize she’s not a factor this season.

Besides, narrative and good vocals didn’t really help Anyone beat Yummy.

EEAAO Sweep

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 681 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.