Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 692 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS🍂
lordeswift
Cardi
  • Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, artists only apologize so they can come across as being genuine/humble.  Like when Adele was apologizing and kissing Beyoncé’s ass when she beat her in Album of the Year.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Maybe Miss Billie wants to follow Adele’s steps, she is copying the Adele 2017 speech, two times now when winning in GF.

Profile picture
    Preston!
    Topics:

Grammy has lost their prestige after not nominating Florence + The Machine after 2016

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Every year there is one album that we all know wont make it to AOTY but people keep pressing and posting essays about how they could make it in, one example is chromatica, it was never going to make in AOTY, the BRP didn’t even need to block it cause it didn’t even make top 10 of the membership votes, this year it’s going to be Positions by AG, it’s not going to make in AOTY, you know it,I know it but come August you’ll see posters pushing it hard, the album will get in all pop categories but that’s it. Now nothing is certain but one thing is for sure Justice by Justin bieber will NOT get AOTY, anyone thinking that is delusional, it should get 0 noms but it will get in in all pop categories because Scooter Braun( also anyone who thinks that Scooter is not influential with pop voters is lying to themselves, if you think any grammy voter listened to Yummy and checked it because they thought it was good, then again delusion. )

One is not like the other, Chromatica kinda flopped, Positions has spent 16 weeks top 10 so far I think and has never left top20 on BB200 since release back in October 2020. What I see now happening is Bieber possibly getting the first AOTY ticket from Pop nominees and then Ariana/ Billie/ Olivia to fight for the other slot. Ariana could be relegated in pop categories, if she doesn’t have any strong single the coming months.

Profile picture
    lordeswift
    Topics:

Positions is the biggest female album of the year and Chromatica wasn’t. However, Positions is a lot less acclaimed than Chromatica and doesn’t have the narrative thank u, next had so it prob will get just pop categories + ROTY.

Fearless (Taylor's Version) out now
    Daddy's Home out May 14th
    L3 out in 2050 or when Antarctica melts due to climate change and Lorde the Penguin is forced to come back to society

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

The success of Positions is a bit too lowkey. She didn’t really have a big moment this album cycle like with TUN. Unless if it really keeps going like it’s doing until after the summer, I agree it won’t be in AOTY.

Profile picture
    scientifically
    Topics:

BTS aren’t happening in album because they aren’t pushing for it, they literally released the album and dipped, no promotions, no big performances, the album that they released in november wasn’t made for the grammys even thought it was acclaimed by the critics.

Agreed. They’ve said multiple times this album was a personal project for them and their fans, and it got treated as such…or did y’all see them campaigning for BE and we just missed it? I remember the push from last year was focused on Dynamite

Just think a little, if they wanted BE to be their Grammy pick, they certainly wouldn’t have come back with a $50 album and a korean ballad with little to no promotion, but I digress

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

I’m doubtful about positions in aoty too. I think it’s a near lock in all pop categories + roty but it’s a definite step down from thank u next, commercially and critically. The positions (s) is already out of the top 20 and I’m not sure if they’re gonna push pov. I don’t see her or bieber in aoty.

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Ariana could be relegated in pop categories, if she doesn’t have any strong single the coming months.

Is the fact that they sent “pov” to radios but haven’t done ANYTHING after that…
    they better not waste this opportunity.

However, even if they promote “pov”, i don’t see positions happening in AOTY. the album is less acclaimed than tu,n and the BRP may block her

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

Is the fact that they sent “pov” to radios but haven’t done ANYTHING after that…
    they better not waste this opportunity.

However, even if they promote “pov”, i don’t see positions happening in AOTY. the album is less acclaimed than tu,n and the BRP may block her

They fumbled their bag with pov tbh. That song had a lot of potential. It went viral on tiktok and was averaging a lot of daily streams, they should’ve made it a proper single like two weeks back. It’s still doing fairly well even now so i can’t fathom what they’re waiting for since it’s obvs that the positions era is already nearing it’s end. It would’ve kept the album stable too.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Grammy has lost their prestige after not nominating Florence + The Machine after 2016

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Agreed. They’ve said multiple times this album was a personal project for them and their fans, and it got treated as such…or did y’all see them campaigning for BE and we just missed it? I remember the push from last year was focused on Dynamite Just think a little, if they wanted BE to be their Grammy pick, they certainly wouldn’t have come back with a $50 album and a korean ballad with little to no promotion, but I digress

I mean this is true, plus there are rumors of music coming in May so maybe BE is not a priority for the grammys. If the next album is as good and acclaimed as BE was then they may have a little chance, (I doubt, but a girl can dream LOL).

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

When it comes to pop vocal album, I think the Billie album is the most promising from the upcoming ones.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

The success of Positions is a bit too lowkey. She didn’t really have a big moment this album cycle like with TUN. Unless if it really keeps going like it’s doing until after the summer, I agree it won’t be in AOTY.

i feel like Ariana is having mini moments. It’s just overall more consistent than thank u, next. If only she campaigned for tu, n like she’s doing with positions, she definitely would have at least won something for 2019/2020

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Ariana kinda rushed the deluxe of positions, she should have kept something for later on with her campaign. Also, the fact she put 2 mins tracks there for some streams, instead of full songs is kinda lowering the albums quality.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 692 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.