Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 692 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS🍂
lordeswift
Cardi B
  • Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

They fumbled their bag with pov tbh. That song had a lot of potential. It went viral on tiktok and was averaging a lot of daily streams, they should’ve made it a proper single like two weeks back. It’s still doing fairly well even now so i can’t fathom what they’re waiting for since it’s obvs that the positions era is already nearing it’s end. It would’ve kept the album stable too.

What I am scared is that instead of splitting submissions between positions (s) and pov, they do a split with 34+35. they are not pushing pov at all, which worries me bc is a good song and is grammy bait

Profile picture
    lordeswift
    Topics:

POV should’ve been a single long before now. Every week an insider claims the music video is coming and the song is officially being pushed, but that never happens lol.

Fearless (Taylor's Version) out now
    Daddy's Home out May 14th
    L3 out in 2050 or when Antarctica melts due to climate change and Lorde the Penguin is forced to come back to society

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Nothing beats Macklemore’s cringey apology & post to Kendrick after winning Rap Album. Utter pandering. Even Kendrick was annoyed.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

A lot of people are predicting her for AOTY but I wonder if Jazmine Sullivan could also manage a SOTY nom for Pick Up Your Feelings.

It’s been getting really good airplay on various R&B stations (peaked #1 on Adult R&B, #9 on Urban) and she’s been performing it A LOT (Jimmy Kimmel, NAACP Awards, BET and several others). It also fits in with past nominees because it’s an empowering upbeat breakup anthem, sorta like Truth Hurts, Don’t Start Now, Single Ladies etc.

IDK I might be reaching because I hate my current SOTY predictions but I have it in for now at least.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

i feel like Ariana is having mini moments. It’s just overall more consistent than thank u, next. If only she campaigned for tu, n like she’s doing with positions, she definitely would have at least won something for 2019/2020

Nah, the competition was too tough that year. She wouldn’t have beaten Billie or Lizzo even with more campaigning tbh. And how is she campaigning for Positions lol? We’re still like 8 months away from voting.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

A lot of people are predicting her for AOTY but I wonder if Jazmine Sullivan could also manage a SOTY nom for Pick Up Your Feelings. It’s been getting really good airplay on various R&B stations (peaked #1 on Adult R&B, #9 on Urban) and she’s been performing it A LOT (Jimmy Kimmel, NAACP Awards, BET and several others). It also fits in with past nominees because it’s an empowering upbeat breakup anthem, sorta like Truth Hurts, Don’t Start Now, Single Ladies etc. IDK I might be reaching because I hate my current SOTY predictions but I have it in for now at least.

That would be delicious but I Good Days seems more likely to fill the female R&B slot in SOTY considering that it stepped foot in the top 10 and it also features Grammy darling Jacob Collier as a songwriter.

But I do believe both girls should finally win something in R&B this year

• R&B Performance
      • Silk Sonic – Leave The Door Open
    • Traditional R&B Performance
      • Jazmine Sullivan – Pick Up Your Feelings
    • R&B Song
      • SZA – Good Days
    • Progressive R&B Album
      • SZA – TBD
    • R&B Album
      • Silk Sonic – An Evening With Silk Sonic

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Leave the Door Open could go Traditional.

Profile picture
    Swannie
    Topics:

I don’t know who’s dropping this year but I feel as though we’re in for a boring year in terms of music. I have yet to see an interesting project.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Leave the Door Open could go Traditional.

Interesting. Where do ya’ll see Silk Sonic submitting Traditional or Progressive R&B?

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Nah, the competition was too tough that year. She wouldn’t have beaten Billie or Lizzo even with more campaigning tbh. And how is she campaigning for Positions lol? We’re still like 8 months away from voting.

Lizzo won against Billie, someone who was the frontrunner for things. If Ariana campaigned in 2019 she would have done better for herself instead of losing hype after February-March. Positions is still a big song currently, and there are other songs on the album like 34+35 that’s getting buzz right now.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Interesting. Where do ya’ll see Silk Sonic submitting Traditional or Progressive R&B?

it generally depends on the album.

however in my humble opinion, Leave the Door Open should be placed in traditional r&b performance.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

I don’t know who’s dropping this year but I feel as though we’re in for a boring year in terms of music. I have yet to see an interesting project.

Jazmine Sullivan and Black Country, New Road. Don’t look to the mainstream. Great r&b and rock projects

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Lizzo won against Billie, someone who was the frontrunner for things. If Ariana campaigned in 2019 she would have done better for herself instead of losing hype after February-March.

But Ariana lost Pop Solo Performance to a smaller song, (Joanne – Piano Version) with a better single as well (God Is A Woman) during the peak of the Thank U Next hype.

Do ya’ll think there was a way for Ariana to beat Lizzo or to win a Grammy during that time?

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

My predictions for next years Grammys: A shocking upset in Best Pop Solo Performance in which Billie Eilish loses, then she still wins Record of the Year, then she apologizes to Olivia Rodrigo/Silk Sonic for winning an award that she earned.

No, not just that. Billie will sweep the Big 3 GF categories: Record, Song, and Album next year.

Billie 2020: thank u, next deserves AOTY. Why?, oh, wow! Oh mean, some other songs deserves this. I’m Sorry!(SOTY)

Billie 2021: Meghan, girl, you deserve ROTY.

My prediction for 64rd Grammys for Billie 2022:

AOTY – St Vincent, you deserved it.
    ROTY – Silk Sonic, you deserved it.
    SOTY – Olivia Rodrigo, you deserved it.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

it generally depends on the album. however in my humble opinion, Leave the Door Open should be placed in traditional r&b performance.

Yes. I think this is could happen too 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 692 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.