Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 692 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Megan
Miss Americana
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Alex50967744
    Topics:

First of all literally nobody was dragging Ariana… I’m not gonna “drag her back” because that’s childish as hell and that shit needs to stay on Stan Twitter. This weird ass paragraph trying to start stan wars is so weird…Please go back to stan twitter.

I don’t want to start a war I just want to predict, not to read all pages talking about Taylor Swift and lies when the only thing she is gonna do is paying for grammys again and again. This year was clear.

But please, keep going, and predict.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

doja didn’t work with dr luke on her EP and first album, so I’m not sure if she’s really obligated to work with him

he started ensuring he had credits on her music when she was actually gaining popularity :/ he wanted to use her to pump more life into his career and it sadly has worked with the ROTY nomination etc

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Doja Cat is hard for me, I acknowledge her talent but I can’t support someone that is working with Dr. Luke.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

I don’t want to start a war I just want to predict, not to read all pages talking about Taylor Swift and lies when the only thing she is gonna do is paying for grammys again and again. This year was clear.

But please, keep going, and predict.

yes because one of the most acclaimed and best selling albums of the year winning AOTY must mean it was bought. you’re pathetic lmao, go back to twitter with this nonsense about buying grammys and who outsold who.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

I don’t want to start a war I just want to predict, not to read all pages talking about Taylor Swift and lies when the only thing she is gonna do is paying for grammys again and again. This year was clear. But please, keep going, and predict.

You want to predict but then go on to spread non-sense like her paying for Grammys?

You clearly are here for the drama and not for the predictions. If you weren’t, you’d cut the bullshit instead of making yourself look like a desperate stan twitter troll.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Not people saying Taylor buying awards when she was snubbed since 2016, it is the musicianship, the talent, the dedication that made her x3 AOTY winner. With positions as latest output I would have low expectations for her 2022 noms. Justin is getting big momentum and I see her out of competition next to him in the Pop field.

Profile picture
    Alex50967744
    Topics:

Doja Cat is hard for me, I acknowledge her talent but I can’t support someone that is working with Dr. Luke.

I think she could win her first Grammy some day, I mean she has talent. But Say So was huge and lost, so let’s wait to see if she has that chance again. The new SZA’s collab sounds good.

But yeah I dislike the fact she is working with Dr Luke too.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

overdue narrative has worked for several artists in the past years. if bjork comes with an impressive album, she could take alternative

I’m not sure how the overdue narrative works in alternative, but in AOTY the pattern appears to be pretty clear:

1998 – Bob Dylan (his first solo AOTY win) beats Radiohead (OK Computer)
    2000 – Santana wins with Supernatural (not sure who was the “should have won” nominee)
    2001 – Steely Dan beats Radiohead (Kid A), Eminem, Beck and Paul Simon
    2005 – Ray Charles (posthumous win)
    2008 – Herbie Hancock beats Amy Winehouse, Kayne, Foo Fighters and Vince Gill
    2009 – Robert Plant (ex Led Zeppelin) and Alison Krauss beats Radiohead (In Rainbows) and others
    2014 – Daft Punk (with what turns out to be their final album) beats Kendrick Lamar and others
    2015 – Beck beats Beyoncé and others

Perhaps the overdue narrative only works for male artists, because I don’t see too many overdue female wins. Perhaps it also helps to be American, although Robert Plant and Daft Punk aren’t from the US, so some foreign artists have a chance, but it didn’t help Bowie’s last album.

The problem for artists like Björk is that your music is always being compared against the music on your best album(s) and if you can’t win with your best album, you might never win.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Best Alternative Music Album – “SHORE” – Fleet Foxes – “SONG MACHINE, SEASON ONE: STRANGE TIMEZ” – Gorillaz – “DADDY’S HOME” – St. Vincent – “EVERMORE” – Taylor Swift (or it could receive a nod in Pop Vocal Album) – “SCALED AND ICY” – Twenty One Pilots Best Rock Album – “POWER UP” – AC/DC – “FOR THE FIRST TIME” – Black Country, New Road – “POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR” – Bring Me The Horizon – “OHMS” – Deftones – “MEDICINE AT MIDNIGHT” – Foo Fighters – “MCCARTNEY III” – Paul McCartney (or it could receive a nod in Alternative Album) – “OK HUMAN” – Weezer

i feel like Van Weezer will be submitted to Rock Album and Ok Human to Alternative

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Ghyenenn
    Topics:

Just putting it out there that picking We Will Always Love You (the Avalanches) as one of this year’s committee picks for AOTY would be the most genius BRP move. C’mon Grammys make it happen, such a great album…

Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

Vespertine is Björk best album btw

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Get real!  Billie Eilish and Rosalia are NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 692 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.