Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 681 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Gucci
Miss Americana

• folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

Let me laugh.

future nostalgia was literally out of the top 50 till she released that “deluxe edition” which was really just her way of trying to increase its sales by adding random singles onto it. folklore has sold more and remained stable with only 1 single. also whether or not u think future nostalgia is better is irrelevant. its obvious u don’t like Taylor but saying she’s buying awards is ridiculous and even u have to see that.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Jay
    Topics:

future nostalgia was literally out of the top 50 till she released that “deluxe edition”

Last time I checked sales and chart position didn’t matter to the Recording Academy.
    I know you’ll all come at me for this but I also do think Future Nostalgia was better than Folklore…
    I am not going to start some paranoid ranting on how she paid for or gave blowjobs for that Grammy though. Folklore simply won because it fit the sad pandemic vibe of 2020 and because of cross-genre appeal.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

hillslight
    Topics:

Not only the AOTY win, also you think the VOTY win was real? Even the nomination was a joke. You Need To Calm Down was atrocious. This year the weeknd won VOTY. Do you still think it’s because fan base? Did he beat Ariana in votes or something happened? Really? WAKE UP.

As bad as the song is, if her fans still voted for it since it’s a fan-voted award, what can we complain about? And besides, why would she pay to get a VMA?? Pls.

daniel
    Topics:

remember than panini was in rap

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

By the moment Meghan has rap album locked if anyone releases.

Either Megan, Cardi, or both are getting snubbed in Rap Album. Calling it now.

Miss Americana
    Topics:

Basically, Folklore winning AOTY and FN winning pop vocal are both impressive results for different reasons. It is one of the rare cases, AOTY winner wins without any other award and Pop Vocal winner wins against an AOTY winning album, while being an AOTY nominee. I think this is the first time this happened this century for the latest one.

24fanatic
    Topics:

Lil Nas X’s “Montero” will be placed in Melodic Rap Performance. He won’t submit it in Pop Solo and if he did, it would not get in.

Megan Thee Stallion is not safe for a Rap Album nom seeing as how the Rap panel is incredibly picky. If DMX’s posthumous album is released this year, the panel might nominate a bunch of smaller acts to make sure he takes home the win (just like they did with Nas this year).

Another legendary rapper without a Grammy is Busta Rhymes, so he too could get the Nas treatment this year and could score a melodic rap performance nom for his collab with Mariah Carey “Where I Belong.”

SNL this week reminded me that Kid Cudi’s latest album is eligible this year. He might score a nom or two.

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

“Truth Hurts” got in (and won) Pop Solo. “Montero” could do the same.

Jay
    Topics:

Megan Thee Stallion is not safe for a Rap Album nom seeing as how the Rap panel is incredibly picky. If DMX’s posthumous album is released this year, the panel might nominate a bunch of smaller acts to make sure he takes home the win (just like they did with Nas this year).

DMX’s album, if released, doesn’t necessarily have a nomination secured. I mean it’s very possible but given how Mac Miller’s “Circles” was completely shut out even after getting critical praise, I wouldn’t be so sure.

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m Lowkey tired of the Grammys pandering to either dead rappers or overdue artists. The past three years of rap have extremely questionable to say the least. Mac Miller’s Swimming in Rap felt like a cry because he passed away around the eve of the nominations. I’m pretty sure if Nip didn’t pass away, he wouldn’t have won so many Grammys in 2019. DJ Khaled has the same amount of Grammys as Tyler the Creator. Even if IGOR was one of the best albums of 2019, it doesn’t fells out of place with calling it a full blown rap album. Invasion of Privacy, while being critically and commercially acclaimed than other albums, also felt jaded from the other rap albums in contention. SICKO MODE should have won something in 2018.  And Dababy and Roddy Ricch should have won something in 2021.

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

in 2021 while black women did great in the Grammys (Beyoncé, HER, and Megan), Black men were clearly were robbed of winning awards. The Weeknd and Killer Mike put out their most interesting works since the early 2010s. Roddy Ricch and Dababy should have gotten something. Black Pumas didn’t win anything but performed, it was embarrassing honestly when all the main nominees or snubbed nominees who dominated 2019-2020 were sidelined again.

Even if Anderson or Thundercat pulled some upsets, they were not prevalent as the those black men actually deserving. Even if I like It is What It Is and Lockdown, but them winning feels like the Grammys giving BNA to Chika or D-Smoke rather than to Megan and Doja.

Jay
    Topics:

I’m Lowkey tired of the Grammys pandering to either dead rappers or overdue artists. The past three years of rap have extremely questionable to say the least.

I agree… usually the Grammy’s choices for the rap field are atrocious. And the fact that Nicki didn’t win anything for The Pinkprint or Queen is quite awful. Cardi B shouldn’t have won a Grammy before Nicki after all the hard work she has put in her music over the years.

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

And lastly I’m tired of the only time Black winners in the past 10 years winning AOTY, ROTY, and SOTY still following the narrative of woke protest songs dealing with the struggles of being Black. Like I Can’t Breathe or This is America are GREAT songs and deserved their win, but when is other songs like Savage, Truth Hurts, HUMBLE., or Old Town Road going to win in the GF. they too deserve their due.

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I agree… usually the Grammy’s choices for the rap field are atrocious. And the fact that Nicki didn’t win anything for The Pinkprint or Queen is quite awful. Cardi B shouldn’t have won a Grammy before Nicki after all the hard work she has put in her music over the years.

i mean Queen didn’t do too well compared to her past work and the pink print literally went up against the most acclaimed album of all time, so idk what you want me to say. Bon Iver deserved BNA, but Nicki should have won with Jessie J and Ariana Grande for their work on Bang Bang. I definitely prefer it than Say Something. Plus XTINA already has BNA.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 681 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.