Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 686 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Agee
Miss Americana
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m Lowkey tired of the Grammys pandering to either dead rappers or overdue artists. The past three years of rap have extremely questionable to say the least. Mac Miller’s Swimming in Rap felt like a cry because he passed away around the eve of the nominations. I’m pretty sure if Nip didn’t pass away, he wouldn’t have won so many Grammys in 2019. DJ Khaled has the same amount of Grammys as Tyler the Creator. Even if IGOR was one of the best albums of 2019, it doesn’t fells out of place with calling it a full blown rap album. Invasion of Privacy, while being critically and commercially acclaimed than other albums, also felt jaded from the other rap albums in contention. SICKO MODE should have won something in 2018.  And Dababy and Roddy Ricch should have won something in 2021.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

in 2021 while black women did great in the Grammys (Beyoncé, HER, and Megan), Black men were clearly were robbed of winning awards. The Weeknd and Killer Mike put out their most interesting works since the early 2010s. Roddy Ricch and Dababy should have gotten something. Black Pumas didn’t win anything but performed, it was embarrassing honestly when all the main nominees or snubbed nominees who dominated 2019-2020 were sidelined again.

Even if Anderson or Thundercat pulled some upsets, they were not prevalent as the those black men actually deserving. Even if I like It is What It Is and Lockdown, but them winning feels like the Grammys giving BNA to Chika or D-Smoke rather than to Megan and Doja.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I’m Lowkey tired of the Grammys pandering to either dead rappers or overdue artists. The past three years of rap have extremely questionable to say the least.

I agree… usually the Grammy’s choices for the rap field are atrocious. And the fact that Nicki didn’t win anything for The Pinkprint or Queen is quite awful. Cardi B shouldn’t have won a Grammy before Nicki after all the hard work she has put in her music over the years.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

And lastly I’m tired of the only time Black winners in the past 10 years winning AOTY, ROTY, and SOTY still following the narrative of woke protest songs dealing with the struggles of being Black. Like I Can’t Breathe or This is America are GREAT songs and deserved their win, but when is other songs like Savage, Truth Hurts, HUMBLE., or Old Town Road going to win in the GF. they too deserve their due.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I agree… usually the Grammy’s choices for the rap field are atrocious. And the fact that Nicki didn’t win anything for The Pinkprint or Queen is quite awful. Cardi B shouldn’t have won a Grammy before Nicki after all the hard work she has put in her music over the years.

i mean Queen didn’t do too well compared to her past work and the pink print literally went up against the most acclaimed album of all time, so idk what you want me to say. Bon Iver deserved BNA, but Nicki should have won with Jessie J and Ariana Grande for their work on Bang Bang. I definitely prefer it than Say Something. Plus XTINA already has BNA.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Basically, Folklore winning AOTY and FN winning pop vocal are both impressive results for different reasons. It is one of the rare cases, AOTY winner wins without any other award and Pop Vocal winner wins against an AOTY winning album, while being an AOTY nominee. I think this is the first time this happened this century for the latest one.

i do think this shows the disconnect with pop voters and the whole general voting block. This is quite evident with Billie sweeping in 2020 and Truth Hurts winning Pop Solo.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

i mean Queen didn’t do too well compared to her past work and the pink print literally went up against the most acclaimed album of all time

Yeah, I know. I didn’t necessarily refer to them deserving wins as albums, but many of the songs they had were widely overlooked. Feelin’ Myself or Pills N Potions should’ve been submitted to Melodic Rap and won easily.

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

And lastly I’m tired of the only time Black winners in the past 10 years winning AOTY, ROTY, and SOTY still following the narrative of woke protest songs dealing with the struggles of being Black. Like I Can’t Breathe or This is America are GREAT songs and deserved their win, but when is other songs like Savage, Truth Hurts, HUMBLE., or Old Town Road going to win in the GF. they too deserve their due.

truth hurts deserved a GF win, i’ll be saying this forever

Profile picture
    Alex50967744
    Topics:

True, but to be fair “Invasion of Privacy” is more acclaimed than any Nicki album. I feel like people constantly act like Cardi won for some mediocre project when in reality she is a very acclaimed artist. With that being said, Queen is an insanely underrated album. It’s her best imo, and deserved so much better.

Queen is definetely one of my top 10 albums ever.

Nicki really deserves a Grammy. She is rumored to release soon, hope it’s good to have a chance.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Nicki Minaj + winning Grammy = NOT ever happening

Sh*t sucks but it is what it is.

Although a musician like Nicki is worth way more than a Grammy.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J should NOT have won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance over A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera.  Nicki Minaj should’ve won Best New Artist over Bon Iver.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy is way better than any Nicki Minaj album.  No shade!  Nicki had bad timing.  She released at the same time as Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Maybe so, but Invasion of Privacy was one of the most acclaimed releases of that year. Taking Nicki out of the equation and speaking specifically about Cardi’s year, it made sense. The closest Nicki came to winning a Grammy was with Pink Friday, and that was going up against Kanye’s magnum opus.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 686 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.