Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 681 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Gucci
Miss Americana

• ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Basically, Folklore winning AOTY and FN winning pop vocal are both impressive results for different reasons. It is one of the rare cases, AOTY winner wins without any other award and Pop Vocal winner wins against an AOTY winning album, while being an AOTY nominee. I think this is the first time this happened this century for the latest one.

i do think this shows the disconnect with pop voters and the whole general voting block. This is quite evident with Billie sweeping in 2020 and Truth Hurts winning Pop Solo.

Jay
    Topics:

i mean Queen didn’t do too well compared to her past work and the pink print literally went up against the most acclaimed album of all time

Yeah, I know. I didn’t necessarily refer to them deserving wins as albums, but many of the songs they had were widely overlooked. Feelin’ Myself or Pills N Potions should’ve been submitted to Melodic Rap and won easily.

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

daniel
    Topics:

And lastly I’m tired of the only time Black winners in the past 10 years winning AOTY, ROTY, and SOTY still following the narrative of woke protest songs dealing with the struggles of being Black. Like I Can’t Breathe or This is America are GREAT songs and deserved their win, but when is other songs like Savage, Truth Hurts, HUMBLE., or Old Town Road going to win in the GF. they too deserve their due.

truth hurts deserved a GF win, i’ll be saying this forever

Alex50967744
    Topics:

True, but to be fair “Invasion of Privacy” is more acclaimed than any Nicki album. I feel like people constantly act like Cardi won for some mediocre project when in reality she is a very acclaimed artist. With that being said, Queen is an insanely underrated album. It’s her best imo, and deserved so much better.

Queen is definetely one of my top 10 albums ever.

Nicki really deserves a Grammy. She is rumored to release soon, hope it’s good to have a chance.

TomJerry
    Topics:

Nicki Minaj + winning Grammy = NOT ever happening

Sh*t sucks but it is what it is.

Although a musician like Nicki is worth way more than a Grammy.

Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj & Jessie J should NOT have won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance over A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera.  Nicki Minaj should’ve won Best New Artist over Bon Iver.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy is way better than any Nicki Minaj album.  No shade!  Nicki had bad timing.  She released at the same time as Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

I agree… usually the Grammy’s choices for the rap field are atrocious. And the fact that Nicki didn’t win anything for The Pinkprint or Queen is quite awful. Cardi B shouldn’t have won a Grammy before Nicki after all the hard work she has put in her music over the years.

Maybe so, but Invasion of Privacy was one of the most acclaimed releases of that year. Taking Nicki out of the equation and speaking specifically about Cardi’s year, it made sense. The closest Nicki came to winning a Grammy was with Pink Friday, and that was going up against Kanye’s magnum opus.

asianmoviegeek
    Topics:

So ready to see Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, and Avril Lavigne win their first grammys soon! These queens deserve it so much!

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m still waiting for Nicki to put out an album that gives me everything. There’s so much introspection in being the only main female rapper in years. I’ve never hated Nicki before y’all Barbz come at me, I just want something that is folklore level to me.

Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Nicki + folklore level = lol!

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Nicki + folklore level = lol!

that’s how much hope I have for her. I wish she could have so much delivery as she did with Monster

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

TheNeddleDrop gave his first 9/10. Promises is such a beautiful record even if you are not into jazz. It’s possibly in the running for album of the year.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 681 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.