Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 569 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Megan
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

It’s not that out of the box. Deja vu had a really solid mv, and imo videos have been pretty weak this year, so I wouldn’t put it past the academy to nominate her. Also, side note, It’s not impossible to think that there could be an Asian sweep in the GF categories this year. LTDO seems like a front runner for ROTY and I’m sure their album will at least get nominated, and I feel like Olivia Rodrigo is the front runner for BNA and DL for SOTY. Has that ever happened before?

I don’t think that the voters will care or know that Olivia has a 30% asian blood, she’s still white

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Honey, an Olivia Rodrigo and Silk Sonic General Field sweep would be atrocious.  PUKE!

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Olivia Rodrigo could be a strong contender for Pop Vocal if the Academy has Billie fatigue. But that ain’t happening.

I think she’s a safe lock in Pop Solo and Best New Artist as of now. ROTY and SOTY will depend on whether or not the Panel can look pass the “teenybopper” image of Drivers License.

Ariana will get across the board nominations again in Pop and General Field. It all depends on what she submits but I hope she goes with pov since that will be a more recent single. And submit “off the table” to Pop Group instead of 34+35. I think having The Weeknd on the track will give her some merit as he will not submit his own work and if the Grammys wanna give him his due this is their chance.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Unfortunately for Best Music Video only Montero (Call Me By Your Name) is happening ☹️

Chemtrails Over Country Club is NOT happening. (although it might take a possible filler role) Neither the two since Rain On Me didn’t happen. ☹️

Regarding the controversy with the Montero (Call Me By Your Name) MV, the Best Music Video category is, if not one of the most *progressive* categories in the Grammys! They generally reward boldness, statements, etc.

Lil Nas X is the current frontrunner imo as of the moment! And it might take a HECK of a video and narrative to beat him out.

Here is where I might use the term “locked” as of the moment! (although the term might be flawed/invalid).

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group:

Kiss Me More – Doja Cat f/ SZA
    Peaches – Justin Bieber f/ Daniel Caesar & Giveon
    Off the Table – Ariana Grande & The Weeknd
    Levitating – Dua Lipa f/ DaBaby
    Otra Noche Sin Ti – J Balvin, Khalid

This would be very black lineup. Lol.

If Silk Sonic releases a Pop song then they will win.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group: Kiss Me More – Doja Cat f/ SZA Peaches – Justin Bieber f/ Daniel Caesar & Giveon Off the Table – Ariana Grande & The Weeknd Levitating – Dua Lipa f/ DaBaby Otra Noche Sin Ti – J Balvin, Khalid This would be very black lineup. Lol. If Silk Sonic releases a Pop song then they will win.

Been saying this about the Pop field!

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Keep dreaming!  While Ariana Grande will get across the board nominations in Pop, she is NOT happening in General Field.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana Grande is NOT happening in Record of the Year.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Levitating is going viral on tik-tok, it could reach a new peak next week, it is rising on Spotify and Apple Music.

Its impressive how Warner manages Dua’s career. She recorded a good album and the team is attentively promoting it the best way they can and longer than most shitty labels.

The fact they understood people preferred DSN, Physical, Levitating and Hallucinate, and released them as singles. I hope Love Again becomes a late single.

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Honey, the following white girls need to take a fucking break: Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, and Taylor Swift. PUKE!

I am still not quite 100% sure what exactly this person’s problem with white people are.

Serious flip the races around and this person would be racist AF.

I am sorry for my past behaviour. I am sorry for being a turd. I would like to try and be better.

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Get real! Ariana Grande is NOT happening in Record of the Year.

I would love to know what exactly gives you carte blanche to just make statements like this and claim that something is or is not going to happen at the Grammys. Don’t get me wrong, I think Ariana Grande is overrated personally (I only really loved “One Last Time” and “Breathin'”… oh and “Rain on Me”), but the Grammys seem to like her fine so I could see it happening.

I am sorry for my past behaviour. I am sorry for being a turd. I would like to try and be better.

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

“Streets” by Doja Cat for BMV. Yay or Nay?

AOTY - An Evening With Silk Sonic
    ROTY - Levitating
    SOTY - Leave The Door Open
    BPSP - We're Good
    BPD/GP - Levitating
    Best Music Video - We're Good
    Best Music Film - Studio 2054

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Is “mood” eligible for this year?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 569 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.