Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 569 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Megan
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

“Streets” by Doja Cat for BMV. Yay or Nay?

Nay. “Streets” has a better shot in R&B Performance/Song. The video didn’t make much of an impact compared to the viral challenge.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Get real! Ariana Grande is NOT happening in Record of the Year.

“positions” was a hit though. Not on the level of “thank u, next” or “7 rings” but it’s definitely one of the few 2020 singles to sustain in 2021. Ariana is in as of now.

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

Ariana will get her noms but the Grammy sure doesn’t love her at all. She rode the Gaga love to win for Rain on me following the ASIB era and won for Sweetener because of Grammy’s B*ner for Pharell. Thank U Next was worthy of Best Pop Vocal and Album of the year at the very least. Shame they love Billie that much.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Is “mood” eligible for this year?

It depends whether or not it was submitted the year prior. But if it is eligible this year, I am just not certain whether it would be on Melodic Rap or Pop/Duo Group Performance.

#NickiDay

DISCLAIMER: Do not take me seriously with this profile.

Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

Streets deserves to be her first win

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Ariana will get her noms but the Grammy sure doesn’t love her at all. She rode the Gaga love to win for Rain on me following the ASIB era and won for Sweetener because of Grammy’s B*ner for Pharell. Thank U Next was worthy of Best Pop Vocal and Album of the year at the very least. Shame they love Billie that much.

Saying Sweetener won cuz of Pharrell is revisionist. Back in fall 2018 – winter 2019 Ariana Grande was quite literally everywhere. Sympathy for Manchester + critical praise + teo big hits + Thank U Next probably factored in a little more than Williams.

I also disagree with the notion that ROM was entirely Gaga when she couldn’t even beat YNTCD, Yummy, or Boyfriend for noms in the past 2 years. Pop voters clearly like upbeat pop songs, they love Gaga, and they like Ariana given how consistent she’s been at getting those 2-3 pop noms every era. That + just weak competition is why they won.

As of right now, I see PVA as a three-horse race between Sour, Positions, and Justice. If Olivia moves a lot of units it’s kind of a done deal though.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Positions is the biggest female hit this year on BB100 end charts.. it’s definitely going on ROTY. Possibly SOTY too if she submits it there!

It isn’t, DL surpassed it.

I have Positions in right now for the GF but it feels so easy snubbable that I’m kinda sure it’ll be out by June. Still, not impossible it gets GF love.

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Honey, do NOT be delusional.  Ariana Grande definitely rode the Lady Gaga wave to a Best Pop Duo/Group Performance win.  Ari is NOT some fucking Grammy darling as evidenced by her terrible track record in Pop.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Honey, do NOT be delusional. Ariana Grande definitely rode the Lady Gaga wave to a Best Pop Duo/Group Performance win. Ari is NOT some fucking Grammy darling as evidenced by her terrible track record in Pop.

2 wins and 8 other nominations (none of which she was ever expected to win anyways) is not a terrible track record at all. she literally was nominated for BOYFRIEND alongside four massive #1 hits

ariana being on rain on me made it a hit and that’s a huge part in why the song won, there’s really no point being so deluded about it

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande has 2 Pop wins and 8 Pop losses.  That is terrible.  If Lady Gaga (who is well-liked by Pop voters) was NOT on “Rain On Me,” it would NOT have won.  Ari is NOT loved by Pop voters.  The delusion stops today!

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

if ROM won because of Ariana than stuck on you would’ve be the nominee since Stupid love could not beat yummy

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Who died and made you king/queen (I am not sure what gender you are)?

I am sorry for my past behaviour. I am sorry for being a turd. I would like to try and be better.

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

“Streets” by Doja Cat + Best Music Video = NOT happening

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Please Rain on Me wouldn’t have been a hit had Ariana not been on it. Gaga needed Ari for the song to smash and Ari needed Gaga for that Grammy.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 569 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.