Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 569 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Megan
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    honestopinion
    Topics:

I heard Miley Cyrus is expected to drop a new album late this year with her new label? So sad that the release of Plastic Hearts was sabotaged by RCA, the songs were pulled out from radios and playlists, Prisoner counts only to Dua due new Billboard rules (although Dua is not even the lead on the song and Miley has more rights for this song – i think billboard’s rule is so unfair) so PH survives in Billboard 200 only thanks to being an incredible album having just 1 single counted that was released 8 months ago. Miley does zero promo to the album since the day it was out and just said it was a gift for fans so they could have something fun during pandemic. Sad that Miley doesn’t see the potential this album could get with a great promo but she left RCA immediately after dropping the album so new label has no rights to promo PH because it belongs RCA and probably RCA will even not submit the album for the Grammys because she is not their artist anymore and they don’t see the meaning to waste the money for campaign. Funny how In 2019 they forgot to send submissions for Miley’s songs while Mother’s Daughter remix was nominated for Grammys. I hope this nightmare in Miley’s career will end soon and she will get the success she deserves! Yes Plastic Hearts is not mainstream album and it made in the genre that is the least popular on charts but i think this album totally deserves AOTY nomination. Golden G string, Angels Like You, Never be Me, High are top tier songs and lyrical masterpieces and the rest songs are such cool pop rock bops. Hope columbia records will make Miley mainstream again and she will finally get radio airplay!

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Ariana will get her noms but the Grammy sure doesn’t love her at all. She rode the Gaga love to win for Rain on me following the ASIB era and won for Sweetener because of Grammy’s B*ner for Pharell.

Those are the same conclusions I came to when trying to explain to myself how Ariana Grande already has 2 Grammys despite them not loving her at all. If you really think about it and look at the Grammy’s history it DOES make sense. On one hand, the Grammys adore Pharrell and won’t miss a chance to award him, and on the other she wouldn’t have won BPDGP if ROM wasn’t a Lady Gaga song (see Boyfriend feat. Social House and Bang Bang feat. Jessie J & Nicki Minaj for reference…)

FYC | Best music of 2021 so far:
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

Profile picture
    MG
    Topics:

I don’t think Gaga and Ariana took advantages from each other just to get the benefit of having a #1 or winning a grammy. I think both ladies genuinely wanted to make a collaboration because they were fans of each other and shared similar experiences in life and in the music industry. These artists don’t think “Oh, What should I do next to win a grammy” Lol, That’s not how it works. If you look at it. Ariana is a well beloved artist by the Recording Academy. Sure, they don’t give her enough recognition but she is well liked by Pop Voters compared to other artists.

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

I hope we get some true amazing songs this year. so far it’s underwhelming and middle of the road.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

The Grammys don’t “not love” Ariana. She’s a perennial pop nominee for each of her eras, and has gotten borderline name check nominations (“Boyfriend”).

Her “only” 2 wins is easily explainable by competition. For every category she was never the biggest album/song nominated, so it wasn’t a snub really. She has been up against Sam Smith, Adele, and Billie Eilish, who all swept their years. Sweetener winning Pop Vocal over reputation, the bigger album, shows that they do like her.

As for her lack of GF nominations, up until thank u, next she has never been someone they HAD to nominate. Sure she had hits, but she didn’t have an undeniable smash. As well as her albums not being properly acclaimed. There was definitely no GF snubs for her prior to TUN in my opinion.

So yeah, she’s by no means a darling, but she’s liked.

Profile picture
    Vero Mancera
    Topics:

she’s no Miley or Selena to claim they don’t like her

Ariana’s at least respected in the pop field

Profile picture
    lveitrim
    Topics:

Best Music Video:
    WAP
    Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

Ariana + Gaga won BPDGP because of both of them. Gaga got votes because she’s Lady Gaga then others voted because they just liked the song better than the other nominees.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I don’t think Gaga and Ariana took advantages from each other just to get the benefit of having a #1 or winning a grammy…… I think both ladies genuinely wanted to make a collaboration because they were fans of each other and shared similar experiences in life and in the music industry. These artists don’t think “Oh, What should I do next to win a grammy” Lol, That’s not how it works.

Correct me if wrong, A&R choose who you collaborate with innit?

Again these things matter to an overwhelming majority of music lovers like they and us.

They can all discard the porous cavalier show like Queen Bey’s “surprised” facial expression when she tied Alison last award night 😄, or Pink! Saying she was unaware of JGMAR topping billboard a year after.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Gaga is a talented and creative artist and dancer who made non-generic music, had an original style and sold big. She also was very influential in her prime and includes core music skills like piano playing in her performances.

I don’t need to be a fan to understand that there is no better way to be a pop artist, her support is justified but both artists contributed to ROM’s victory.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

This argument is veering towards braindead. Boyfriend didn’t win because it wasn’t even a top 5 hit and was against 4 of the biggesr hits of the decade, and Bang Bang lost because Say Something is Grammy bait.

I also disagree with the whole “ROM wouldn’t have won without Gaga”. Ariana has alrrady beaten Taylor Swift before so I don’t see why she wouldn’t beat her again (especially since exile isn’t even a single). Unless you’re assuming Dynamite would’ve won, which…

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Also, an album track and a Kpop song is hardly any competition at all.

1379 people were predicting Exile to win over the 686 that had Rain On Me, so clearly it was competitive enough that more than double the ROM predictors went with Exile (including yourself, who even double-betted on it).

But don’t take my word, let’s hear what some fellow members said in the past:

“And it’s lock for me there, Exile is the winner, I don’t think ROM or Dynamite have the slightest chance now”
    -Fleur

“Chromatica and ROM are forgotten, dont expect voters to support ROM when the parent album is in the 180-200 region of Billboard. There is 0 hype for Lady Gaga now, unlike December 2018 when ASIB was top 10 on BB200 during final voting and Shallow #1 on itunes for months.”
    -Miss Americana

“Now that Taylor has made the album announcement, I think she’s got this in the bag. This will be a star is born situation where the hype will propel her to the win.”
    -Lemon (pro-tip: deleting your account doesn’t delete posts that quote you)

“y’all still discussing this? there absolutely no way exile is losing this

none”
    -borisy (I’d delete my account)

“exile is winning this, with dynamite as runner up and rom as upset.”
    -nxddysf

“Exile. This is the type of song that usually wins here.”
    -PopGuy

“People who underestimated folklore nominations especially in AOTY and Pop Duo/Group and now believe that Exile will not win this category will be very disappointed in January 2021.”
    -Breathe (btw unblock me on twitter x)

TL;DR: stop with the revisionist takes and do a better job deleting your account next time.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

1379 people were predicting Exile to win over the 686 that had Rain On Me, so clearly it was competitive enough that more than double the ROM predictors went with Exile (including yourself, who even double-betted on it).

But don’t take my word, let’s hear what some fellow members said in the past:

“And it’s lock for me there, Exile is the winner, I don’t think ROM or Dynamite have the slightest chance now”
    -Fleur

“Chromatica and ROM are forgotten, dont expect voters to support ROM when the parent album is in the 180-200 region of Billboard. There is 0 hype for Lady Gaga now, unlike December 2018 when ASIB was top 10 on BB200 during final voting and Shallow #1 on itunes for months.”
    -Miss Americana

“Now that Taylor has made the album announcement, I think she’s got this in the bag. This will be a star is born situation where the hype will propel her to the win.”
    -Lemon (pro-tip: deleting your account doesn’t delete posts that quote you)

“y’all still discussing this? there absolutely no way exile is losing this

none”
    -borisy (I’d delete my account)

“exile is winning this, with dynamite as runner up and rom as upset.”
    -nxddysf

“Exile. This is the type of song that usually wins here.”
    -PopGuy

“People who underestimated folklore nominations especially in AOTY and Pop Duo/Group and now believe that Exile will not win this category will be very disappointed in January 2021.”
    -Breathe (btw unblock me on twitter x)

TL;DR: stop with the revisionist takes and do a better job deleting your account next time.

This rewriting of history is really confusing yeah. If exile wasn’t competitive then why were so many of us, myself included, so confident on it winning?

Anyways, what the fuck is the point of this debate? They clearly do like Ariana considering she’s gotten 2/3 pop nominations for every album besides her debut. Shes not a darling though because GIAW would have been an easy win if she was.

Carey Mulligan will get her revenge on May 16 at the MTV Movie & TV awards

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

And let the record show I also predicted exile – I’m not dragging you because of that.

I’m dragging the revisionism of saying that exile wasn’t competitive, especially when a LOT of people even called it a lock.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:
      Oh and I forgot my favorite comment:

“Critics are putting fucking WAP at the top of their lists and y’all thinking the “acclaim” of Rain On Me will translate into a win. Voters won’t choose ROM over Exile. I thought after the nominations people would know that.”
      -River

This is my fave not only because of the obvious mysogynoir against Cardi and Megan, but because voters did, in fact, choose RIM over Exile.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 569 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.