Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 569 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Meg
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I was always predicting ROM until the nominations dropped, than I was pretty sure taylor had it</p>
    I knew it was competitive, and then taylor underperformed hard

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

I think most people who predicted exile overestimed the folklore hype. ROM was more acclaimed and more successful..what exactly did exile have over it?

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

but yes, i was super sure exile was winning because taylor had over performed on noms day

Where did she overperform? She performed exactly what was expected. An overperformance would’ve been a ROTY nom + “betty” in Country.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Moving on from #that conversation…

Andra Day who’s up for Best Actress and has won a golden globe this year has released a new song, Phone Dies. The grammys do sometimes fall for Oscar hype and Andra is already a previous grammy nominee. Not only that but the track is co-written/produced by Anderson .Paak. I think this could be a contender for R&B Song

Carey Mulligan will get her revenge on May 16 at the MTV Movie & TV awards

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

All of a sudden Taylor’s nods were expected when y’all were the same people predicting her to get snubbed and shut out of AOTY. Don’t let me get started on the post nod conversation when y’all had essay long arguments as to how Jacob Cobbler would prevail. FFS make it make sense Clownderby!

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

A lot of people weren’t expecting Visual Media or BPSP. She overperformed in comparison to Lover and Rep.

She was top 5 for Pop Solo, and SFVM was as dead as Prince Phillip. Not really an overperformance, especially when a lot of users had her for Country noms anyways.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

All of a sudden Taylor’s nods were expected when y’all were the same people predicting her to get snubbed and shut out of AOTY. Don’t let me get started on the post nod conversation when y’all had essay long arguments as to how Jacob Cobbler would prevail. FFS make it make sense Clownderby!

Why are you always so dense? People saying how Taylor could miss, or how she could lose, don’t mostly mean that she 100% will. Maybe if you stopped being so extremist on every argument you wouldn’t make statements like “Taylor is gonna win at least 3 Grammys”

Profile picture
    Meg
    Topics:

Honey, Ariana Grande better thank her lucky stars she collaborated with Lady Gaga.  For some strange reason, delusional Arianators think the bitch is some fucking Grammy favorite.  2 wins, 12 nominations…NOT!

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Moving on from #that conversation…

Andra Day who’s up for Best Actress and has won a golden globe this year has released a new song, Phone Dies. The grammys do sometimes fall for Oscar hype and Andra is already a previous grammy nominee. Not only that but the track is co-written/produced by Anderson .Paak. I think this could be a contender for R&B Song

She will win for Soundtrack or Compilation for the Billie Holiday Soundtrack anyways.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Ariana will likely go 0/4 or 0/5 this year again but it’s the nominations that are important not necessarily winning. The more she loses the more overdue she becomes and could likely win an Album of the Year Grammy once she stops making the same album over and over. Tbh there hasn’t been much growth from Sweetener to Positions. And this is mostly due to the fact that they all came out within 2 years of each other. No reinvention whatsoever but hey.. if it ain’t broke.

Profile picture
    Meg
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift also has a horrible track record in Pop.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Ariana will likely go 0/4 or 0/5 this year again but it’s the nominations that are important not necessarily winning. The more she loses the more overdue she becomes and could likely win an Album of the Year Grammy once she stops making the same album over and over. Tbh there hasn’t been much growth from Sweetener to Positions. And this is mostly due to the fact that they all came out within 2 years of each other. No reinvention whatsoever but hey.. if it ain’t broke.

Overdue for what? AOTY? Is anyone calling her “overdue” or itching to give her an AOTY? I don’t think so.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The only “surprise” nod for Taylor to me was Cardigan in Pop Solo. I honestly think she was dead last in the category. Yes, I believe Yummy got more votes. Sue me.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 569 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.