Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 569 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Megan
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Ariana is not the type of artist that wins GF Grammys. Mostly you need a lot of “artistic appeal” which translates to being a singer-songwriter-type of artist. That said, she can still nab a few genre wins. Someone mentioned Kelly and P!nk and I think those examples are spot on; perennial pop nominee that doesn’t cross over to the GF that often. She is someone who voters like, but don’t quite love.

I need her to work with Pharrell again. Sweetener was definitely liked by NARAS given that it not only won BPVA, but Pharrell nabbed a POTY win for it. Positions is good but she and Tommy Brown seriously need to give it up.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

positions SHOULD win Pop Vocal Album as of now. No album released so far pose a threat in my opinion and it would be a well deserved winner. Evermore is a nonfactor so Taylor fans pls.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Demi acting a fool on Instagram again… she seems to be losing a lot of goodwill people gained for her when the album came out🤡

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Demi acting a fool on Instagram again… she seems to be losing a lot of goodwill people gained for her when the album came out🤡

She said ‘fuck people with diabetes!’ 🙄

Carey Mulligan will get her revenge on May 16 at the MTV Movie & TV awards

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

She said ‘fuck people with diabetes!’ 🙄

The Eat Me Guilt Free cookies were not great but she needs to understand with millions of followers don’t attack a small business in a pandemic and DO NOT @ THEM. Make broad comments about the harmful aspects of diet culture, don’t ruin other peoples’ struggling businesses.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

Positions sounds like an unfinished album, I don’t know whether it was supposed to be like that or not but I feel like its release was rushed hence why it sounds unfinished

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I honestly don’t get the hate y’all give positions. It’s a great album!

It’s not terrible but it’s nowhere near thank u, next. It’s a big step backwards from the growth she’d achieved and mainly “pov” and the title track carry the weight that makes it an interesting album. I think the main issue is that even TUN’s fillers were amazing and I can’t really say the same for Positions’.

FYC | Best music of 2021 so far:
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I love the song “shut up” (an unpopular opinion, I know)

I thought I was the only person in the world who liked that song.

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Get real!  Positions is NOT a great album nor should it win Best Pop Vocal Album.  BARF!

Profile picture
    Justin Galaxy
    Topics:

hoping “Good Days” and “Streets” will both get into R&B Song & Performance and “Good Days” wins Song while “Streets” wins Performance. however knowing the Grammys they’ll give both to the terribly derivative Silk Sonic song because they have a boner for Bruno despite him making the same music for 6 years now.

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Jazmine Sullivan vs. SZA and Silk Sonic in the R&B categories would be very interesting.

Profile picture
    Justin Galaxy
    Topics:

Jazmine Sullivan vs. SZA and Silk Sonic in the R&B categories would be very interesting.

hoping Silk Sonic somehow gets snubbed. Jazmine, SZA, and (lesser so) Doja all are overdue.

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

I could see Ariana having the same amount of wins as Xtina, six I believe?

No lmao. 1 win (due to Pharell’s POTY win) / 11 nominations isn’t a good record.

(And yes I am not counting that ROM Grammy.)

Sweetener won because it followed the standard : POTY —> BPVA

Which we’ve seen the past couple three years with POTY win Finneas and POTY win Andrew Wyatt = BPVA.

If Ariana or Pharell in this case never won POTY, Sweetener would’ve NEVER won because it wouldn’t follow the standard pattern of:

POTY —-> BPVA

There was NO other choice, Sweetener had to win/was winning.

People forget that Rain On Me missed the general field entirely lol.

“If Ariana is indeed loved why did Rain On Me failed to make it or carry it on the general field or at LEAST in ROTY?”

If anything maybe having Ariana in the track made it lose even more credibility hence *missing the general field*

Gaga could’ve collaborated with ANYONE on a pop track… Dua or even maybe even Doja Cat lol. Not only would’ve it win BPDGP but it could’ve at least *made it in ROTY as well*

If Rain On Me missing the general field isn’t an indicator of the lack of love for Ariana, I don’t know what is.

#NickiDay

DISCLAIMER: Do not take me seriously with this profile.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Braindead argument.

1) The whole POTY trend was non existent before Sweetener, so saying it won because Pharrell won POTY is dumb.
    2) ROM just got blocked by a panel. That’s quite normal and doesn’t indicate any lack of support, unless you’re suggesting that Ed Sheeran’s 2018 Grammys General Field snub means that “Issues” by Julia Michaels had more support.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 569 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.