Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 569 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Megan
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

Idk why but I feel like Celeste will win Best New Artist and compete in Album of the Year. Those might be her only 2 nominations though.

I don’t think she’ll get into AOTY tbh. But I can see her nominated for BNA.

FYC | Best music of 2021 so far:
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Super excited to see what Kacey is going to give us after coming off Golden Hour which was so widely considered her magnum opus. Give us the angry divorce album Miss Musgraves!!

That would be the serve of the decade but fortunately Kacey & Ruston are on good terms! Her album is rumored to be titled “Star-Crossed” and the lyrics are expected to channel thank u, next-isms. Wouldn’t be surprised if she recorded a duet with Ruston Kelly himself.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Kacey Musgraves + new album = BARF!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

holy scrap could you imagine all four of these past AOTY winners getting nominated next year? It’ll be a blood bath!

unlikely, taylor is not getting nominated

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Will Rina get into BNA?
    I hope so. She released the Chosen Family remix w/Elton John. a very well-received Tiny Desk, and a potential collab with Lady GaGa on the Chromatica remix project.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Bore and snore for me, BS for short. (smiles)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Will Rina get into BNA? I hope so. She released the Chosen Family remix w/Elton John. a very well-received Tiny Desk, and a potential collab with Lady GaGa on the Chromatica remix project.

I don’t think so, but that would probably be her only nomination. Rina needs to be bigger in the US I Swear! Y’all let XS AND DO IT FLOP WHAT A FUCKING SHAME!

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Cardi being salty about Kacey Musgraves win against Invasion of Privacy I had to laugh

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Side note: in the wake of Derek Chauvin’s conviction, stream the SOTY winner I Can’t Breathe and Walking in the snow. In the morning, I listened to To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar because it definitely opened my eyes to nuances of race and how that impacted Kendrick’s mental healthy, his place not only in the music industry but also in his LA community, colorism, gun violence, and black on black violence. You might be saying wtf does that have to do with the Grammys, but the Grammys streak of awarding Black artists should be pointed out every time someone wants to act like the Grammys have merit to whats quality and not. To Pimp A Butterfly lost to 1989. Look I have a special place in my heart for 1989, and I don’t hate Taytay, like seriously do I need to explain my switch up to Folklore. But you can’t compare a synth-bumble gum pop album with an introspective genre bending and DNA altering album that will be regarded as the defining record of the 2010s. You cannot compete with it, regardless of how much 1989 sold.

The Grammys have awarded half its GF awards to Black artists, but they still have a long ways to go. Especially when critics and commercial circles agree a Black artist should have won AOTY once: Invasion of Privacy, DAMN., LEMONADE, To Pimp A Butterfly, and Channel Orange could have won their awards but was disregarded for their white contemporaries.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

Side note: in the wake of Derek Chauvin’s conviction, stream the SOTY winner I Can’t Breathe and Walking in the snow. In the morning, I listened to To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar because it definitely opened my eyes to nuances of race and how that impacted Kendrick’s mental healthy, his place not only in the music industry but also in his LA community, colorism, gun violence, and black on black violence. You might be saying wtf does that have to do with the Grammys, but the Grammys streak of awarding Black artists should be pointed out every time someone wants to act like the Grammys have merit to whats quality and not. To Pimp A Butterfly lost to 1989. Look I have a special place in my heart for 1989, and I don’t hate Taytay, like seriously do I need to explain my switch up to Folklore. But you can’t compare a synth-bumble gum pop album with an introspective genre bending and DNA altering album that will be regarded as the defining record of the 2010s. You cannot compete with it, regardless of how much 1989 sold. The Grammys have awarded half its GF awards to Black artists, but they still have a long ways to go. Especially when critics and commercial circles agree a Black artist should have won AOTY once: Invasion of Privacy, DAMN., LEMONADE, To Pimp A Butterfly, and Channel Orange could have won their awards but was disregarded for their white contemporaries.

Amen!

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

You might be saying wtf does that have to do with the Grammys, but the Grammys streak of awarding Black artists should be pointed out every time someone wants to act like the Grammys have merit to whats quality and not. To Pimp A Butterfly lost to 1989. Look I have a special place in my heart for 1989, and I don’t hate Taytay, like seriously do I need to explain my switch up to Folklore. But you can’t compare a synth-bumble gum pop album with an introspective genre bending and DNA altering album that will be regarded as the defining record of the 2010s. You cannot compete with it

Mad respect for you for being able to look past your personal favorites and appreciate other artists. Thanks for posting this!

FYC | Best music of 2021 so far:
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

1989 shouldn’t have won AOTY.
    Completely unnecessary for her to win AOTY 3 times, the same amount of wins as all the black female artists that have ever won (Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston, Lauren Hill)
    What a joke.

AOTY - An Evening With Silk Sonic
    ROTY - Levitating
    SOTY - Leave The Door Open
    BPSP - We're Good
    BPD/GP - Levitating
    Best Music Video - We're Good
    Best Music Film - Studio 2054

Profile picture
    Megan
    Topics:

Honey, I concur.  1989 over To Pimp a Butterfly… Get real!

Total white privelege.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 569 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.