Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 567 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Agee
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Lol cardigan is probably one of the most gorgeous songs to ever grace the top of the Hot 100. It didn’t smash because the song is a very subtle piano ballad released in the middle of summer, the lyrics are too much for the public to decipher or understand. Honestly nothing like cardigan was playing on radio in 2020.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

Porter Robinson’s “Nurture” album is currently an 82% on Metacritic. At the very least, I’d say list him as an AOTY dark horse nomination

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Firstly, the Grammys don’t really have a race issue. It’s more of an “urban” bias. Of course, that’s IS rooted in racism, but they don’t plain not like black artists just for being black. When they make safe boring pop music, they tend to do well (see the love Beyoncé got for IASF). Secondly, bringing up race for Blinding Lights snub is LAUGHABLE! Trying to say him being a black pop star is why he was snubbed? Were you in a coma last year and missed Lizzo beating THEE darling Billie in pop solo with a pop-rap hybrid? Did you also miss Beyoncé getting nominated in Pop Vocal with a complete Afro-beat album. Did you not see Say So in Pop Solo & ROTY this year? Did you not see Colors? Savage? Rockstar? The Box? Actual songs about black issues like Black Parade and I Can’t Breathe? I Can’t Breathe literally winning? How on earth are they racist by snubbing, The Weeknd who released the most generic song of all time, but also nominating actual meaningful songs that discuss the black struggle? I don’t know if you’re a The Weeknd stan, or just one of the thousands of people on here who SHOVED Blinding Light’s chances down our throats, but you need to get over it. He bombed. There was no racism, no conspiracy to ruin his Super bowl, none of that shit. Voters simply didn’t fuck with him. It happens. No amount of commercial success will make a voter like a song, if they simply don’t like it. They’re regular people like you and I. I can see how that can be hard for those who pushed the Blinding Lights propaganda train all of last year to accept, but some of us did recognize it and The Weeknd (LOL to the people saying he was a threat to folklore in AOTY) being overestimated and smelled bad news for him. Instead of living in denial, how about you use what you learned from his snub (nothing is locked when it comes to the Grammys) to improve on your predictions next year. 💕

girl, weren’t you the one pming me a meme about Abel’s snub? He and me (maybe others your probably PMed) definitely lives rent free in your mind. Blinding Lights was successful.

i can see why people didn’t like the track, but you definitely have a deep hatred for Abel. You don’t care if he succeeds, even when the music is terrible. There’s literally no reason why you should be speaking on Abel. Let me put you in your place, love.

Blinding Lights was critically acclaimed too. It was the biggest song of 2020 and racking up to be one of the biggest songs in Billboard history. Regardless of your perception of the song or mine, a majority of people felt in deserved something. It was the song of 2020 year round, hands down.

it was quite clear the Grammys have been rooted in racism, regardless of what you may think. To have a bias of a certain genre or genres that is predominantly black after they have the biggest in critical or commercial acclaim is racism. That’s what happened to rock in the 1960s-2000s and rap and r&b for almost 2 decades.

Also, how can people how actually enjoy the Grammys with not noticing the urban problem. Urban music (r&b and rap ) is music. And if it is not represent in the way it should as the biggest genre of music now, then why bother with giving the Grammys at all.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

i get this is an opinion-based sport. But voting for ROTY, AOTY, SOTY, ROTY, and BNA should be based on what defined the year. Blinding Lights did that. It isn’t even an urban song: it’s literally a synth pop track. If it was a white man who had the longest running top 10 hit and one of the biggest songs in Billboards History  + the amount of critical acclaim and support from critics, viewers, and music circles, he would have definitely been nominated.

and is Blinding Lights the best song of the year? hell no. My favorite songs of last year was I Knew The  End, Spotlight, walking in the snow, After Hours, Good News, WAP, Savager REMIX, Cardigan, and Shameika. But Blinding Lights did define the year and was agreed upon as “the Grammy-bait song” because it was clean synthpop track that had universal acclaim. There was no one here pushing an agenda, it’s just the truth.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I don’t get the Taylor x Abel beef on here either as someone who supports both. Taylor deserved to win with Folklore as much as Blinding Lights deserved to win in ROTY and Pop Solo. I think the Grammys would have been in a better standing if they switched ROTY for anyone else: Savage, Don’t Start Now, The Box, or Blinding Lights

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Going back on winners in the GF for this year, having all Asian winners in the GF would be such an amazing occurrence. Anderson, Bruno, and Olivia definitely have a shot at all 4. Currently hoping for:

An Evening with Silk Sonic: AOTY

Leave the Door Open: ROTY

Drivers License: SOTY

Olivia Rodrigo: BNA

That would finally have also the first Black winner in over a decade too. OmG!

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Alex50967744
    Topics:

I don’t get the Taylor x Abel beef on here either as someone who supports both. Taylor deserved to win with Folklore as much as Blinding Lights deserved to win in ROTY and Pop Solo. I think the Grammys would have been in a better standing if they switched ROTY for anyone else: Savage, Don’t Start Now, The Box, or Blinding Lights

What I don’t get is the Billie’s hate. Billie won ROTY, the most important award, two years in a row, and she deserved, not The Weeknd. Savage also would’ve deserved. Fiona Apple and Dua Lipa deserved AOTY. If nominated Fiona would’ve won, that’s why they didn’t nominate her.

And I would LOVE to see Billie winning ROTY for third year in a row. She is the only new artist that has come with an absolutely new style and I’m here for it.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

What I don’t get is the Billie’s hate. Billie won ROTY, the most important award, two years in a row, and she deserved, not The Weeknd. Savage also would’ve deserved. Fiona Apple and Dua Lipa deserved AOTY. If nominated Fiona would’ve won, that’s why they didn’t nominate her. And I would LOVE to see Billie winning ROTY for third year in a row. She is the only new artist that has come with an absolutely new style and I’m here for it.

i don’t think it’s Billie hate. I love Billie and thought she deserved her wins last year. I just think Savage deserved the award than Billie. No shade .

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

Honey it shouldn’t surprise you. Most swifties are anti-black and it’s been proven several times here. They also felt threatened when majority of the forum predicted Abel and then rejoiced when he was snubbed.

Profile picture
    Berni
    Topics:

AND GET REAL, Selena Gomez is not deserving of a nomination and she will never get one

Profile picture
    Alex50967744
    Topics:

AND GET REAL, Selena Gomez is not deserving of a nomination and she will never get one

Yes she deserves but ya’ll not ready for that conversation.

Btw Revelacion was very well received by the critics, hope she gets a nom in Latin Grammys.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Save Your Tears remix is very good. Ariana killed it. But it will sadly not be submitted to the Grammy’s if The Weeknd keeps his word.

Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Dream on, delusional Swiftie!  “Cardigan” is NOT one of the most gorgeous songs to ever grace the top of the Hot 100.  PUKE!

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Strongest current ROTY contender ?

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

The swifities in the forum are exhausting. Grammys absolutely have a race issue, and that went into The Weeknd not getting any pop nominations, nevermind the general field. If he was a white artist, he would’ve absolutely gotten across the board nominations in Pop. Blinding Lights is one of the biggest songs of all time. His album was huge, successful, and acclaimed. He was the biggest snub and instead of consistently shutting that down and defending the Grammys from racial criticism, acknowledge it. I know a lot of y’all don’t like The Weeknd for whatever reason but it doesn’t hurt to call shit was it is.

I absolutely agree with you. These sentiments will always be close to me. Acknowledge it and make it known. It is important to always stand in solidarity with this and refusal to acknowledge it would just make the issue worst and even more unsolvable.

Turning a blind eye when we see someone clearly underprivileged and a victim is not a solution. The Weeknd was absolutely a victim of prejudice and bias.

It’s not about the Weeknd being snubbed but the EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES that should be given to people of color and black artists in this case.

THIS is the problem. The Grammys always have this black token sh*t that they give but NEVER the EQUAL opportunities that they should be presenting.

Yes, Beyoncé and H.E.R. win Grammys, but what about other smaller, underprivileged black artists? What about the black artists not H.E.R. or Beyoncé? Are they winning the GF? Can they EVER win AOTY? Can they even compete equally in other categories, which they should?

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 567 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.