Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 556 through 567 (of 567 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Guys, I just looked at the “White Horse” part. I was SOOO confused why y’all were like “White Horse, really that is your favorite song?” LMAO I meant to put White Dress, but I was watching AjayII’s video on Fearless at the SAME time! Sorry for the confusion!

I agree with HaimOnRye. My first “era” of Lana’s music was Lust for Life. I definitely remember that era prolifically. Same for Norman Fucking Rockwell. I feel like after the whole feminism situation, she just stop caring. I definitely think what she said was blatantly just wrong on all levels, but I am not praying on her downfall.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

If Billie and Olivia do a better “white woman, singer-songwriter, alt. girlie” than Lana “Queen Mother” Del Rey, I genuinely see that as an issue.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

If Billie and Olivia do a better “white woman, singer-songwriter, alt. girlie” than Lana “Queen Mother” Del Rey, I genuinely see that as an issue.

Billie yes but Olivia still feels very Disney Channel version of alt girl. I don’t see adults gravitating towards her like they did with Billie.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

🚨 KENDRICK LAMAR’S LABEL IS TEASING A COMEBACK ON THE 7TH MAY 🚨 everybody move

https://twitter.com/raptvcom/status/1387412847618035712?s=21

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

🚨 KENDRICK LAMAR’S LABEL IS TEASING A COMEBACK ON THE 7TH MAY everybody move https://twitter.com/raptvcom/status/1387412847618035712?s=21

WE MOVED, JUMPED, AND SCREAMED.svg” class=”emoji”

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

🚨 KENDRICK LAMAR’S LABEL IS TEASING A COMEBACK ON THE 7TH MAY 🚨 everybody move https://twitter.com/raptvcom/status/1387412847618035712?s=21

**the label hosts 10 artists so obviously it is not guaranteed to be kendrick. the artists from those 10 most anticipated to drop are: kendrick, reason, isahiah rashad or sza but i’m keeping my hopes high.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

the label hosts 10 artists so obviously it is not guaranteed to be kendrick. the artists from those 10 most anticipated to drop are: reason, isahiah rashad or sza but i’m keeping my hopes high.

Watch it be none of them and just a merch drop.

FYC
    AOTY: Blue Weekend-Wolf Alice
    ROTY/SOTY: WAP-Cardi B ft. Megan Thee Stallion
    Best Drama Actress: Mj Rodriguez

Profile picture
    Topics:

🚨 KENDRICK LAMAR’S LABEL IS TEASING A COMEBACK ON THE 7TH MAY 🚨 everybody move https://twitter.com/raptvcom/status/1387412847618035712?s=21

Really hope this is true!

Profile picture
    Davie
    Topics:

this doesn’t have much to do with this particular post, but it’s really frustrating to see people categorize Olivia as a white girl. I understand that she may look white to some people, but she has very prominent SE Asian features that are hard to miss, from the shape of her eyes to her bone structure to her skin tone. I feel like when people refer to her as a white girl, it kinda negates the representation she provides for SE asians and contributes to the continued narrative that SE Asians don’t “look Asian”. Bruno Mars is another good example. He looks very filo, but most people think “looking Asian” means looking east asian or south asian.

Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

Guys, I just looked at the “White Horse” part. I was SOOO confused why y’all were like “White Horse, really that is your favorite song?” LMAO I meant to put White Dress, but I was watching AjayII’s video on Fearless at the SAME time! Sorry for the confusion! I agree with HaimOnRye. My first “era” of Lana’s music was Lust for Life. I definitely remember that era prolifically. Same for Norman Fucking Rockwell. I feel like after the whole feminism situation, she just stop caring. I definitely think what she said was blatantly just wrong on all levels, but I am not praying on her downfall.

I’ve been with Lana since Born to Die was released. I remember seeing her get magazine spreads that were beautiful and all of these wonderful, high budget music videos. Ever since Lust for Life, which has a phenomenal concept and her best aesthetics to date but was a subpar album that didn’t do as well as her label was hoping, I imagine that it’s a combination of she’s not caring as much plus she doesn’t have the money to really create good art and get good music videos or cover art.

Nevertheless, it seems as if the worse her visuals are, the better the music, so if that’s really the album cover for Blue Banisters, then it should be one of her best. (However, I’m seriously doubting it at this point. Who knows?)

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

this doesn’t have much to do with this particular post, but it’s really frustrating to see people categorize Olivia as a white girl. I understand that she may look white to some people, but she has very prominent SE Asian features that are hard to miss, from the shape of her eyes to her bone structure to her skin tone. I feel like when people refer to her as a white girl, it kinda negates the representation she provides for SE asians and contributes to the continued narrative that SE Asians don’t “look Asian”. Bruno Mars is another good example. He looks very filo, but most people think “looking Asian” means looking east asian or south asian.

girl, I’m literally the one who wanted all Asian winners lineup this year in the GF and finally a Black winner in AOTY with Silk Sonic and Olivia Rodrigo. Again, Olivia is biracial. She’s white and Asian (specifically Filipino). She’s still white as much as she’s Asian. She can still ride the lane of these people because she’s still (half) white. That’s like with Anderson, Bruno, and even our Vice President Kamala Harris. They still are biracial. It’s definitely not offensive, she’s still Asian, but she’s white as well. I’m literally mixed Chile Whatchu mean, I claim both my races.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Jessie Ware, What’s Your Pleasure DELUXE EDITION ~ June 11th

Miley Cyrus is going on SNL with host Elon Musk

RIP SOPHIE

Viewing 12 posts - 556 through 567 (of 567 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.