Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 567 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

I like how you all are trying your hardest to be polite with Olivia Rodrigo’s album cover. If I’m allowed to say one thing it will be that the Target version is 1000 miles better. Anyways, do you think SOUR is going to be well received by critics or will it be panned?

It won’t be panned, I’m almost 100% sure about that

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

I like how you all are trying your hardest to be polite with Olivia Rodrigo’s album cover. If I’m allowed to say one thing it will be that the Target version is 1000 miles better.

Anyways, do you think SOUR is going to be well received by critics or will it be panned?

Maybe around 75-82 like Billie Eilish’s WWAFA,WDWG?.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

sour? more like bitter haha

The album cover has more personality than her music. I’m officially adding SOUR to my Pop Vocal Album predictions:

•Ariana Grande, Positions
    •Demi Lovato, Dancing with the Devil…The Art of Starting Over
    •Justin Bieber, Justice
    •Lana Del Rey, Chemtrails over the Country Club
    •Olivia Rodrigo, SOUR
    •Taylor Swift, evermore

ALT: Miley Cyrus, Plastic Hearts

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I think my issue with Olivia is that she has played into the indie bedroom pop trends rather than developing them into more substance. She wears her influences literally right on her sleeves with the past two songs that it’s really distracting. Deja Vu sounds like something that came from Melodrama with the searing production as well as a Cruel Summer ripoff. Plus her sound could be passed off to Conan Grey or Clairo or Rex Orange County or anyone in the mainstream indie-bedroom pop lane.

i hope I don’t seem to come across as hating Olivia. The reason I like Drivers license was because of her soaring original voice and her subject matter of dealing with an ex. It’s incredibly refreshing to have something in the mainstream about nuanced breakup topics from someone who is actually a teenager.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

sour? more like bitter haha

Yeah. Tbh I get it. It’s fun, it’s light, very much girl-next-door. Enough to draw people in but not throw them off. Which is her brand. Safe, commercial w/ lots of appeal to the teen audience. It’s boring, but hey, the music is as well anyways.

(It honestly looks like it came straight out of Disney, which again, correlates to her)

EDIT: It’s simple, it’s aware, it’s on brand

My only question is, Why isn’t it self-titled? lmao. I thought they were going with that.

Profile picture
    Jasper_Loves_Taylor
    Topics:

Bon Iver is bringing his new album and his collab with Taylor could be the lead single. They could be a tough competition for ROTY and SOTY

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Taylor will only get BPVA, if she’s lucky, BPSP. And if the year continues to be weak, a SOTY nom for willow. I agree Ariana will probably go home empty-handed, although a Billie x Ariana collab could easily win BPDGP. Good News is def Rap frontrunner rn but CB2 will probably take its place, both singles have gone #1 and there’s a lot of hype for the album. I don’t see Kacey Musgraves getting into AOTY again. She’ll definitely get into Country categories, but Chris Stapleton is definitely going to be the country nom in AOTY.

Leave the Door Open is front runner for BPDGP (if they submit there), voters love Bruno and Anderson. Billie is Grammy darling but Ariana is Grammy poison, we all know ROM wins BPDGP thanks to Gaga anyway.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Bon Iver is bringing his new album and his collab with Taylor could be the lead single. They could be a tough competition for ROTY and SOTY

Is this their project or Big Red Machine?

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Has anyone stopped caring when the OG stars are going to release music (Adele, Rihana, Beyoncé, Lorde, Bruno and Kendrick)? I feel like there’s so much going on everywhere else, even if Bruno is releasing this year. The anticipation just went down because it’s been mentally draining.

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Is this their project or Big Red Machine?

Bon Iver’s project.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Leave the Door Open is front runner for BPDGP (if they submit there), voters love Bruno and Anderson.

We’re also thinking Levitating as the current frontrunner for BPDGP. As for BPVA, it’s still anyone’s to take imo, still no frontrunners.

Do ya’ll think we’re getting a BPVA and BPSP split this year?

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Dua Lipa should do something in the vain of 2000s Dance-pop. I think she could do well bring sounds that have been extremely neglected.

i hope she branches out with interesting production choices like on FN. she has proven she has staying power and I hope she does better not just with the Grammys but with American artists

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

We’re also thinking Levitating as the current frontrunner for BPDGP. As for BPVA, it’s still anyone’s to take imo, still no frontrunners. Do ya’ll think we’re getting a BPVA and BPSP split this year?

I doubt Levitating is the front runner judging from this year Grammy, she should easily win BPSP yet failed to do it. My money is on Drivers License for BPSP, Olivia can snatch BPVA if the album slays. Positions and Justice are pretty weak meanwhile Taylor being Taylor, bitch doesn’t care so far. Need to wait BrunoxAnderson album, and I’m not even sure if they will submit it to pop or Progressive R&B.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 567 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.