Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

It was clear grammy voters didn’t care that much for Folklore/Evermore eras, even with Evermore released in the middle of voting, many assumed Swift was going to sweep, but if it wasn’t for the embarrasing set up in AOTY, she would have left empty-handed. Evermore isn’t happening.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Tbh if Taylor released Folklore this year, she could’ve still won AOTY even for this 2022 Grammy season. She could’ve even also got Pop Vocal Album as well. No need for a set up. (Weaker year)

Then Silk Sonic for BPDGP and ROTY.

Similar to Grammys 2016. “Uptown Funk” and “1989” AOTY.

What happened this Grammys 2020/2021 was just unnecessary.

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

Positions and justice will easily get in now I guess. Evermore won’t though, it will be long forgotten by then (it is forgotten now too)

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I was joking about evermore plss

I’m just hoping for a pop nod or two for her

Profile picture
    DeuxSkyfall
    Topics:

Tbh if Taylor released Folklore this year, she could’ve still won AOTY even for this 2022 Grammy season. She could’ve even also got Pop Vocal Album as well. No need for a set up. (Weaker year) Then Silk Sonic for BPDGP and ROTY. Similar to Grammys 2016. “Uptown Funk” and “1989” AOTY. What happened this Grammys 2020/2021 was just unnecessary.

Silk Sonic will most likely be in R&B where they belong

Profile picture
    Alltheworldsastage
    Topics:

The entire pop fieod will show up in GF 💀

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

folklore was not a comity pick, it got in on pure straight vote and deservingly so. With a minimal campaign compared to Abel’s, Dua’s and her previous efforts: 1989, Rep and Lover. The lessors better fear Taylor’s reign.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

folklore was not a comity pick, it got in on pure straight vote and deservingly so. <b>With a minimal campaign </b>compared to Abel’s, Dua’s and her previous efforts: 1989, Rep and Lover. The lessors better fear Taylor’s reign.

she released a whole new “sister” album straight in the middle of voting period & a whole folklore documentary

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

she released a whole new “sister” album straight in the middle of voting period & a whole folklore documentary

I never said she didn’t campaign. She did no public or promotional appearances sis, and she didn’t even perform her songs like both Abel and Dua. Y’all need to quit! Y’all called Taylor’s campaign the weakest compared to Dua. Stop retracting!

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

Weren’t the committees created after “The 3 Tenors in Concert 1994” was nominated for AOTY and Tony Bennett’s “MTV Unplugged” won? Who knows if most popular acts get nominated like you are assuming.

Tony Bennett and The Three Tenors’ nominations were obviously not because of popularity. Those nominations were derided because it showed how horribly out of touch the Grammys were with music at the time. It was the golden age for hip-hop, R&B, and alternative rock and you have that shit nominated for/winning AOTY.

The voters aren’t a whole bunch of old white geezers anymore, so when you look at things like the pop field nominations being straight out of the Billboard top 40 every single year, of course there’s reason to suspect a committee-less general field will as well.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

This years noms will look interesting. But the whole pop field might show up in general field 🙄

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

So does this mean The Weeknd will submit music next year now?

“Save Your Tears” in Record of the Year?

And yes, I imagine Justin Bieber will get in all 3 General Field categories now (Record: Peaches, Album: Justice, Song: Lonely).

I still don’t think Ariana will get General Field love… maybe ROTY nom.

I also am not buying Taylor Swift returning with major noms for the came-and-went-so-fast Evermore. But hey, if she submits something in country, she might get in there now.

The real ki would be if The Weeknd submits, but he still misses that nomination. Talk about backfire, but the Grammys would win.

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

The way I just dropped Positions with 100/1 odds yesterday cause y’all convinced me she won’t get nominated…

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

It was clear grammy voters didn’t care that much for Folklore/Evermore eras, even with Evermore released in the middle of voting, many assumed Swift was going to sweep, but if it wasn’t for the embarrasing set up in AOTY, she would have left empty-handed. Evermore isn’t happening.

You said she will miss a lot of noms especially the general field before due to frontloaded and lack of campaign but here we are. Takes your medicine and chill a bit

Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

Can we mention that now Latin urban music (reggaeton) has its own category?

How different will it be from its counterpart at the Latin Grammys?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.