Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 538 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
ELIAS✨
Xtina
TomJerry
  • Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I know it’s an unpopular opinion but I see nothing wrong with Finneas being eligible for BNA. He hasn’t been nominated as a performer, so he is deserving of the chance to submit himself

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

BNA has become more of a mainstream reward as well. He might get nominated though.

Olivia still has this in the bag imo. But again never underestimate them.

And Finneas has never been nominated for his solo work despite being an 8 time winner, they are not familiar with it

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

LOL at Gucci’s picture of Megan

RIP SOPHIE

Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

The way they are doing this to avoid further controversy but if they nominate Morgan Wallen it won’t make any difference lol

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

None of his songs are top fifty on country airwaves

Stop lying so fucking much on here

Not sure who you think you’re addressing with that attitude but I’m gonna politely ask you to tone it down.

A quick google search:
    Cumulus Media — The First Company to Ban Morgan Wallen — Reinstates the Artist on Multiple Radio Stations
    How Morgan Wallen’s Music Is Slowly Returning To Country Radio.
    Morgan Wallen fans vote him back onto Tennessee radio after racist-slur controversy

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The new troll accounts on here are such a snore. What happened to that Dua Lipa troll? Bring her back!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Ariana should be a shoo-in in AOTY now that they removed the committee. Same with Justin Bieber I think. His album did quite well and Peaches is a big hit.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Morgan Wallen might give Olivia Rodrigo competition in BNA. (frowns)

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

The Recording Academy voters make dumb decisions but they are not going to be that dumb to nominate Morgan Wallen and cause themselves even more backlash than last year’s and risk further flopping in viewership.

FYC | Best music this season:

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

… or are they? I’ll be happy to eat my words if it happens lol.

FYC | Best music this season:

Marina - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Lets see, Amy Winehouse was still given the Best New Artist Grammy even though she was a drug addict. Chris Brown was still nominated seventeen times and scored a win even though he possesses a criminal history. Kacey Musgraves has how many Grammy awards now even though she gets almost no time on the radio? If these three people can still be given a moment or two of glitter and shine even when they possess such flaws, there is still hope for Morgan Wallen. (smiles) God bless you and him always!!! Holly

why are you smiling

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

I thought this would be St. Vincent’s year, but I really don’t see her getting enough votes to be top 8.

I think this benefits the artists below the most and I feel Taylor won’t get a ton of votes this year, people will definitely not feel a sense of urgency to get her award wins. Evermore feels like it’s last year, but maybe Willow could get some love. I’m unsure if we’ll get Rihanna or Kendrick this summer, but if we do expect them to do well obviously.

Justin Bieber
    Cardi B
    Billie Eilish
    Ariana Grande
    Megan Thee Stallion
    Olivia Rodrigo
    Silk Sonic
    Chris Stapleton
    Morgan Wallen

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

Being a racist doesn’t compare with low radio play or drug addiction. Him also being an alcoholic would be comparable to Amy, but it’s not the reason he would have been blocked. He’s more comparable to Chris Brown, so you’re right there. Chris Brown winning awards after beating Rihanna would be a closer comparison and shows that a garbage human like Morgan Wallen can still get nominated. But if you think the nomination committee would have let Wallen get in the general fields, you’re wrong. Also, just look at this year with Combs, he had very little controversy, as he recovered from that old music video with the confederate flag, but was still blocked by the country field and general field for just being bro country, which Wallen is too.

Lets see, Amy Winehouse was still given the Best New Artist Grammy even though she was a drug addict. Chris Brown was still nominated seventeen times and scored a win even though he possesses a criminal history. Kacey Musgraves has how many Grammy awards now even though she gets almost no time on the radio? If these three people can still be given a moment or two of glitter and shine even when they possess such flaws, there is still hope for Morgan Wallen. (smiles)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Please, don’t disrespect Amy like that. She had a disease.
    That man is a racist.
    Not comparable. At all.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

But wasn’t Morgan Wallen shunned by the country industry? Why would he suddenly get votes from the same people in the grammys now because the BRP has been discarded?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘2022 Grammy Award Nomination Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.